• Published 24th Mar 2015
  • 859 Views, 59 Comments

The Burning Traveler - Dramize the Salamander



A traveler from an ancient hybrid race comes to ponyville.

  • ...
15
 59
 859

Jinxs and Tricks

Night fell over ponyville and everyone pony or kirin was winding down for the night when they heard music coming from town square.

"COME ONE COME ALL AND SEE MAGICS YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE, ILLUSIONS SO GREAT IT MAKES WHAT CHANGELINGS DO LOOK LIKE CHEEP PARLOR TRICKS, COME ONE COME ALL TO SEE THE MASTER ILLUSIONIST, THE GRAND SPELL BINDER, THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE!" Yelled a powerful voice causing a group of ponies to gather and try to figure out what to do.

"Ugh Trixie again."

"Great what she gonna do this time."

"let's get the six just incase she tries something." Said a random pony causing the group to split up to gather the main six.

Meanwhile near the kirin base a group of kirin and ponies were trying to figure out what to do themselves

"What's an illusionist?"

"I don't know but I want to."

"So do I lets check it out." They for the first time ever almost all the ponies and kirin from Chaos Haven walked into ponyville to watch Trixie's show getting their just as ponies got back with the princesses four of the main six and Shining Armor. That's when the caravan turned into the stage and the light came on focusing on a top hat in the center and a raven that looked like it had leaf wings that was perched on the brim then music fill the air.

The top hat started to shake scaring the raven off it before it a black twister came out of it which turned into two giant snakes that flew over the crowd before they coiled above the hat they came from turning into a black ball that exploded revealing Trixie who fell behind the top hat which she picked it up and put on completing the tuxedo she was wearing instead of her usual dress, cape and hat.

"Good evening ponyville I hoped you enjoyed that little spectacle for their are many more to come." Trixie melted into her own shadow vanishing for a second before a murder of crows burst out from the spot Trixie melted into. The crows flew into crowd scaring the ponyvile ponies while the others simply laughed or tried to catch the crows which dodged their hands with ease before they flew up coming together and reforming into Trixie with black dragon wings.

"How is she doing this did she somehow get the alicorn amulet back?"

"I don't think so she wouldn't need to hide it if that was true this has to be something else."

"Wait she's the one who enslaved Ponyville for a while?

"Yea that's her but she's was under the influence of the amulet so we don't have to worry about her doing that again. I still thought she wouldn't return her most if not all ponies here hate her for one reason or another."

"Well it looks like the newcomers like her." Luna commented watching the kirin and ponies that were with them watching the show Trixie was putting on with wonder and excitement.

"Now for my next trick I need a volunteer." Hands and claws shot up almost the instant Trixie asked but she had someone special in mind for this trick so Trixie took off her top hat setting it down watching it sink into the stage before she flexed her wings and flew up to look over the crowd and that's when she saw who she was looking for one purple alicorn. "How about you."

"Me?"

"Yes you." Trixie gestured to Twilight wanting her to fly up to her but Twilight hesitated.

"Don't do it Twi."

"Yea I wouldn't trust that mare as far as I could bucker."

"Why I haven't don't anything to antagonize you since I've arrived."

"Well we remember the last time you were here."

"Well I've moved past that so should you, anyway shouldn't their be two more of you one really annoying and the other painfully shy."

"Girls she's right. Ok lets see this trick." Twilight flew up to Trixie and followed her to the stage and summoned her top hat again pulling a black sheet which she held over Twilight before dropping it but it had no resistance to fall so it hit the ground flat leaving everyone to wonder where Twilight was.

Back at friendship castle Twilight opened her eyes to find herself back in her library. "Well I should get back to the show before they kill Trixie." Twilight said to herself before walking back to the town square but what she saw when she got their surprised her. Fluttershy and Trixie were glaring at each other Fluttershy had both her scimitars out and Trixie was pointing two unfamiliar things at Fluttershy with the kirin were cheering for them to fight. "WHOA STOP, STOP RIGHT NOW!"

"Hey Twilight." Said Pinkie who was balancing on her hammer.

"Where did you go?" Asked Cadence and Celestia at the same time.

"She some teleported me back to the castle so when did Fluttershy get here?"

"We got here just as two got to the stage." Dramize said appearing behind the four alicorns.

"Dramize you haze headache." Said a new voice.

"Wait their's only one kirin who calls me a haze headache." Dramize turned around to see a lanky gray kirin with white scales in a jet-black sweats and vest with silver stripes his pipe like horns were producing smoke steadily through his silver fedora. "Jinx Thirteen it's been ages soot of brains how have you been?"

"You know me killing things, searching for new spell that sort of thing. But two things did happen I created a new weapon."

"Cool do you have the print's."

"Of course." Jinx pulled out small notebook giving it to Dramize who cracked to open instantly "Oh I also found my bond.Dramize this is my bond Trixie Lunamoon." Jinx gestured to Trixie who land next to him and bowed to Dramize who bowed back.

"And this is my bond Fluttershy." Fluttershy appeared next to Dramize and bowed as well causing Jinx to bow.

"Anyway Dramize what happened to your claymore?" Dramize sighed and pulled out his claymores hilt and some blade.

"Their a lot you need to catch up on but the short version the village was destroyed the king is free of his armor and has challenged the rulers of this land to a fight so he can continue to be him and we just finished a sparing match with his new sword lets just say I out did myself on that one."

"I see well then good job, but now one question where is king Absolute?

"He just left for the Dragon kingdoms savage archipelago to train and break in his new sword he will probably be back the day before the fight. Which brings up the question shouldn't you four be training?" Dramize said turning to the alicorn that weren't their anymore. "When did they?"

"When you said Absolute was training."

Author's Note:

The big fight will be a few chapters from now but first, can anyone guess what Trixie's weapons were?