• Published 24th Mar 2015
  • 859 Views, 59 Comments

The Burning Traveler - Dramize the Salamander



A traveler from an ancient hybrid race comes to ponyville.

  • ...
15
 59
 859

Day Two

The next morning Applebloom woke up hoping yesterday was just a bad dream only to see she was still stranded in the proving ground with her friends but Acellex was missing and a note was burned into a tree.

Went to explore watch the camp and practice using you weapons and calling on your affinities at will. Be back later.

PS their is leftover hydra if you want it this time. If not you will need to find your own food.

Applebloom's stomach growled loudly since Acellex was the only one to eat last night after they asked what she was eating and they were to scared to go out in the darkness to find something they could eat so they slept but now the hydra was starting to tempt.

"No you are a equestrian pony you don't eat meat no matter how hungry you are." She whispered to herself hardening her resolve before looking over at her friends who were now stirring. "Morning."

"Morning." Scootaloo said yawning. "so it wasn't just a bad dream."

"Afraid so."

"Good morning Rari- it wasn't a bad dream was it?" Said Sweetie opening her eyes to her reality.

"Yep." The other two crusaders said in unison.

"Well then good morning you two."

"Morning."

"Anyway AB where's Acellex?" Asked Sweetie Belle stretching out her spine. Applebloom pointed at the note Acellex left before taking a seat on a stump trying to ignore her stomach which started to growl and was soon echoed with her friend's stomachs as they read the last line.

"Well let's not waste any more time we need to find some food before we starve." Said Scootaloo stretching out her wings.

"That's a good plan but do you want to go out their?"

"In the words of Big Mac, nope. Wait Sweetie why don't you use you spirits to gather food for us."

"I could but."

"But?"

"I can't seem to call them right now."

"So were on our own that's just great." Applebloom said with a sigh before laying back on the grass for a few hours thinking about their situation then she hear a soft howling. "Wait did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" the other two asked closing their eyes to focus more on their ears this time hearing the faint howling which was getting louder and more frequent. Scootaloo pull out her guns and Sweetie grabbed her halberd both getting into a fighting stance.

"Well at least we don't have time to think about food right now."

"Lucky us." Sweetie said as sarcastically as possible adjusting her fighting stance from an offensive one to defensive one. The howling was getting louder and louder and a rustling could be heard from the trees then silence.

After a minute Scootaloo dropped her guard a little. "Hey maybe we did get lucky." She said before getting launched across the camp by an unseen force.

"What was that?" Asked Applebloom turning as she felt something pass her.

"Scoot are you ok?" Sweetie asked swinging wildly as felt something pass her as well.

"Did somepony get the number on that transport coach?" Scoot answered struggling to get up from the tree she slammed into.

"She's alive at least that good to know."

"Yeah that's great but it won't help us unless we can find out what hit her." Applebloom said looking around only to see nothing before she got launched as well landing right on top Scootaloo just as she got up. Sweetie was looking for some sort of clue of where their attacker was before she was picked up and that when she saw the outline the snake shaped body that managed to support the strong gorilla like arms that was squeezing the life out of her. The howling was back as black birds gathered around the scene. Scootaloo and Applebloom both rushed for their friend trying to save her moving even faster when she saw that she was coughing up blood only for Applebloom to get grabbed and Scootaloo getting render useless since both her friend were being used as shields to protect it's self so all she could do was run trying to get a clear shot as she listened to her friends dying scream but then a hook sword flew through the air and a red gash was left in it wake as it was pulled back by the chain at was attached to it.

"I leave for a few hours and you three almost get you selves killed." Acellex said catching her blade in right hand while dropping the two filly bodies she held with her magic a pink one that was missing her left fore arm clutching a great sword with her right and a silver one holding a spear. Acellex dashed eyes closed opening then when she got close revealing a soft green glow coming from them as she did a rising slash and cut Sweetie Belle free then kicking off the falling limb, moving in for Applebloom. The creature tried to move away but Acellex was ready for that and her horns glowed neon green as she raised several hooked chains from under ground which hooked into the beast and pull it in towards her. Using her wings and tail Acellex turned in the air before vanishing and reappearing behind the creature both blades covered in blood as she slowly glided to the ground taking out an rag and wiping off her blades not even turning around as the creature turn visible showing it's shining jade scales that were slowly being covered in blood as it fell apart in to a pile of limbs. "Yo Bloom you ok?"

"Never better." Applebloom said clawing her way out from under the limb pile.

"Good because when these three wake up I'm going to teach you how to channel your affinity's because the safe net almost activated to save you and that's not good for your standing." Acellex said pointing at a living that was standing in the shadows. "But for now eat something you need your strength."

Author's Note:

Who should I bond next Rarity, Twilight, or Applejack because the next chapter will be some where else.