• Published 24th Mar 2015
  • 859 Views, 59 Comments

The Burning Traveler - Dramize the Salamander



A traveler from an ancient hybrid race comes to ponyville.

  • ...
15
 59
 859

New Type

It had been a month since Twilight and spike had moved into kirin castle with Absolute and the others being detained in her own. She was in library reading a book on a theorize way to find one affinities and a log for a new weapon type idea. While spike as looking over books on dragons trying to figure out what dragon type he was. When they heard a massive explosion from her castle then a ear piercing roar from the opposite side of town. Twilight and Spike dropped what they were doing and ran outside scythe in hand to see several kirin flying past her launch by the massive hydra that Rainbow and a few kirin were trying to take down with little success.

"RAINBOW WHAT'S GOING ON!?" Twilight yelled distracting Rainbow causing her to get hit by a swinging neck at getting her launched ground but Twilight caught her with her magic."

"Thanks." Rainbow said looking at the Katana Dramize gave her the day before the summit then at Twilight. "This Hydra just stomped into town with a blue vespin with a backpack riding on his head and started attacking things we've been trying to fend this thing off since it got here. Don't know here the vespin went." Their was a loud crash and explosion coming from twilight's castle.

"I have a good guess." Spike said point in the explosions direction. The three dashed to the vespin shell to see the blue vespin shooting exploding darts from it's stinger into the shell surrounded by smoldering changeling and vespin corpses. The shell was cracking from the barrage the vespin didn't look like it was slowing down at all completely absorbed in taking apart the shell. "So what's the plan?"

"We charge in." Rainbow said running in sword drawn causing the vespin to turn around.

"No Rainbow wait." Twilight said freaking out then creating a shield for the rash pegasus as the vespin fired at them dart effortlessly passing through Twilight's shield forcing both ponies and dragon back behind a rapidly disappearing house as cover. "You know I remember a time when this would be much more terrifying." Twilight took Spike with her magic and teleported him out of the firing range just before the explosion started to sound farther away.

"Twilight I think it went back to the shell so what's the plan?"

"Now you want a plan."

"Ok by bad now do you have an idea of how we can stop it?"

"You draw it's attention then I'll get behind it and restrain it."

"That's all you got."

"Most of the best laid plans don't actually work out in real combat so I'm going flexible now let's do this." Twilight peeked out from her cover her hand raised as she checked on the vespin who went back to blasting away at the shell. "On my mark......Go." Twilight and Rainbow ran in opposite directions Rainbow yelling at the vespin drawing it's fire flying as fast as she could to dodge the darts while Twilight kept moving as quickly as possible getting closer to the vespin when she notice a piece of the shell around her castle had fallen off and a dragon eye was staring out of it right at her then at the vespin narrowing as if focused on prey. Twilight instinctively move back before gathering her nerves and moving forward again with caution until she was behind the vespin. She raised her scythe moving the blade into position to swipe at it neck and keep it their. She went in for the swing that's when the vespin ducked dropping its stinger and jumped into twilight to throw off her balance then grabbed her arm and flipped her adjusting it's movement perfectly slamming Twilight in front her aiming her stinger at her head looking her with no emotion.

"Don't move or I will kill you." The vespin said without the slightest bit of emotion moving her stinger ever closer until the tip was touching Twilight's neck before it started to spin like a drill. Rainbow was all ready moving in but the vespin's eyes shifted to her as the stinger got pressed even closer to Twilight's neck causing it to start bleeding. "Don't you move ether until I say so." The vespin looked at Twilight waiting for her to do something. Time seemed to stand still as the only sounds that filled the air was a heavy thumping and cracking coming from the shell behind them which made the vespin smile she reached into he back pack and pulled out an gold and silver amulet before making a few clicking noises causing the amulet to glow.

Twilight was trying to figure out how to get out of her predicament alive she couldn't move and she was sure this vespin was immune to magic so she need a new plan. She let her horn glow for a second only to free pressure on it in a second braking her concentration as she realize her capture had her hoof on her horn and was pressing down. Twilight was now panicking tears streaming down her eyes and Rainbow wasn't far off from panic as she kept telling herself she should have been faster only to be snapped out of it by a water droplet hitting her in the back of the neck the cooling shock bring her back to focus as it started to rain. Rainbow took a deep breath closed her eyes and thought remembering something Dramize told her when she got the katana. "Katana are weapons of focus, your body and mind must act as one no hesitation no mistakes."

Twilight's attention snapped to Rainbow had just stopped unflinching to the cold rain unresponsive to anything which scared her especially since the rain seem to focus on Rainbow who grabbed the hilt of her Katana and got into a draw stance. Twilight looked up to see the vespin staring at her friend emotion less as always but was shaking like a leaf that's when Rainbow drew with a speed Twilight didn't think was possible and the vespin stopped her stinger moved away from Twilight's neck just as water splashed on the shell of the castle Twilight teleported away next to her friend putting up a shell to keep her out of the rain which lessened. Rainbow sheathed her blade and as soon as it was hilted the vespin and the building behind her their top half's started to slide to the left.