• Published 24th Mar 2015
  • 859 Views, 59 Comments

The Burning Traveler - Dramize the Salamander



A traveler from an ancient hybrid race comes to ponyville.

  • ...
15
 59
 859

Kirin Tradition

Back at Dramize's house which had gotten three times bigger the kirin and Fluttershy were waiting for Varia and the others to come back. Midnight was resting upsidedown like a bat on one of the rafters using her tail claw as a hook, Frozell was working on a practice dummy slamming palm strike after palm strike before the armor could even react, Logic was reading a book on pony biology listing down any differences from kirin biology, Tempest was still chilling on his cloud but was snacking on some pearls, Acellex was curled up around her egg letting poison seep out of her skin and into the egg as she watched the door, and Dramize was heating up his forge as he had his tools in hand. They waited in silence with only the sound crackling fire to fill the air.

"Varia can you tell us why we have to be there?" Asked Twilight after Varia told them that they needed to go to Dramize's place as moon finished rising.

"Yes please explain because after what we just saw and the day I had all I want to do is take a shower and sleep." Said Rarity as she sat on her platform.

"It's kirin tradition for all the friends of the bonded to watch as their weapons are forged and Dramize is about to forge Fluttershy's weapon so that's why we to go." Answered Varia.

"Ok this could be fun besides how long could this take anyway?" Pinkie asked bouncing on her platform.

"Rest of the night to all of tomorrow depending on what the weapon is and in that time Fluttershy is not allow to leave Dramize's side.

"Your kidding me right. Said Applejack and Rainbow at the same time.

"Nope and that's why your staying the night.

"WHAT!" They yelled causing Varia to cover her ears.

"Fluttershy can't leave Dramize so its our job to watch over them and bring them anything they need its all apart of tradition but I can let you all go and get anything you might need and bring them over. Just meet me back here when your done ok."

"Ok." The five said together before splitting up to go finish up any thing they need to do today but as they headed back they hit road blocks called Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle as they walked from Fluttershy's after feeding the animals for her.

"Did anypony else just remember the crusader sleepover that was supposed to happen at Fluttershy's to day." Said Rarity after a sudden facepalm.

"Eh'yep." The others said in sync

"So a quick trip to the castle." Said Twilight thinking about Spike

"Eh'yep." The they said again as they started for friendship castle reaching there after a few minutes.

"SPIKE, SPIKE WHERE ARE YOU!?"

"Hey Twi a note." Rainbow said picking up the note from a table in the kitchen before reading it. "Twilight went with Big Mac and Soarin the pie festival in Manehatten I was telling you about two days ago be back tomorrow. When did he start hanging with Soarin?"

"No idea. Hey AJ you think Granny Smith world-."

"Hell no I'm not leaving my grandmother alone with hurricane crusader." Interrupted Applejack.

"Ok fine I guess we just have to bring them with us." After a few more detours, explanations, and some packing the group of eight made their way to Varia.

"You three are new what's your names?" Asked Varia as she saw the crusaders.

"Hello names Applebloom nice to meet ya."

"I'm Sweetie Belle hello."

"And I'm Scootaloo s'up."

"Evening, are they friends?"

"Yes." Answered Twilight

"Then their welcome, now if you all will follow me." After a minute of rushed walking trying to keep pace with Varia they made to Dramize's modified house.

"When did this place get so big." Said pinkie in awe

"I expanded it to accommodate all the kirin." Opening the front door with a punch Varia and the others walked in.

"Nice place y'all got here." Applejack said with a whistle as she looked around the dimly lit gray mane foyer with polished purple obsidian floor to see nine different hallways seven up stairs and two down stairs. The seven up stairs each had a different creature emblem above the entrance and different suits of armor lining their sides. While the two down stairs had different frames one silver and the other jet black.

"Thank you now if you will please follow me and do not lag behind you will get lost."

"It y'all long enough I thought you would never get here." Logic said not even looking away from his book.

"They had things they need to take care of."

"Ok then let's get started." Said Dramize as he put down his tools and grabbed a knife and a slab of black metal. Placing the slab on a table Dramize flipped the knife and handed it Fluttershy. "Shy I need ten drops of blood from you one from each finger on this slab of form steel then before you stop bleeding tap that crystal over there."

"Ok." Fluttershy took the knife and made ten small cuts in her fingers and held them out over the slab letting all ten drops hit it before turning to the crystal Dramize pointed at and tapping it. The slab absorbed the blood and started to glow red while the crystal started to shake before glowing a pale yellow.

"So what's going to happen now?" Asked Rainbow.

"The crystal will play a song before the slab changes into the mold for her weapon but until then we must do nothing." Answered Varia

"Well that's boring is there something else we could do while we wa-."

"Shh it's starting." Varia and the other kirin closed their eyes as the crystal started spinning and then music filled the air."

"Nice beat." Said Dramize as the slab changed into the mold for Fluttershy weapon. "That's interesting weapon so this is going to all of to night and tomorrow." Dramize pulled out five golden poles and got to work.

Author's Note:

I wonder what the weapon will be?
I have the nagging feeling I forgot something.