• Published 24th Mar 2015
  • 859 Views, 59 Comments

The Burning Traveler - Dramize the Salamander



A traveler from an ancient hybrid race comes to ponyville.

  • ...
15
 59
 859

The Shy Beast Awakens

Everyone ran out of S,C,C and toward Sweet apple acres meeting the giant timberwolf just as it was entering the edge of town after Fluttershy told them what was heading their way.

"Shy you weren't kidding this timberwolf is huge." Said Pinkie with a nervous edge.

"So that's a timberwolf." Said Acellex as she pull out a small notebook and piece of charcoal writing down the wolf's description.

"Ummm Twilight I think this one fall to you." Said Applejack

"Ok I think I've got this." Twilight said as she used her magic to try and pick up the Timberwolf but as her aura cloaked the wooden wolf several symbols appeared and started to glow as I absorbed spell making the wolf even bigger . "Well it appears I don't have this"

"What are those symbols?" Asked Twilight as she jumped back dodging a claw swipe

"Conversion runes that's not good for you." answered Logic as he and the other kirin jumped up on to a house.

"Conversion runes?"

"They change the function and element of some spells from one thing to another. so it changed your levitation spell to a- "

"Growth spell."

"Of the nature element to make it more effective."

"Nature element?"

"I will tell you after the fight." Said Dramize as he sat down on the roof

"Well have fun we need to get settled in." Said Midnight as all the kirin except Dramize got ready to fly.

"Your not going to help us?" Asked Rarity as she raised a shield to block an incoming paw swipe only to get knocked away.

"Honestly fighting that thing is beneath us." Said Varia as she started to walk on air with Tempest who was lazing on his cloud.

"We've killed bigger and stronger so this is just a waste of time for us. So we'll use it as a test for you ." Tempest said getting more comfortable on his cloud

"Test." Pinkie said while ducking behind a create.

"To see how powerful you six are."

"Don't worry I'm staying to watch since I'm all ready settled." Said Dramize as Logic whispered in his ear.

"Besides we will be back after we get settled to check on you girls." Tempest said as Vain and Sentry flew to the other pets which were watching

"Vain, Sentry you two are going to stay that's fine. Well see yea later." Midnight said took off following Tempest to Dramizes's house.

"Who needs them anyway we can handle this beast right girls." Said Rainbow dash with the up most confidence

"Right." Said the other five with new found confidence

"Then lets go." Rainbow and Applejack charged in while Pinkie pulled out her party cannon firing a few shots distracting the wolf while Fluttershy and Rarity tried to get into a good supporting positions but the wolf wasn't distracted for long and charged in Fluttershy's directions.

"FLUTTERSHY WATCH OUT!" Rarity yelled turning, dashing and then tackling Fluttershy out of the way of the charging timbers wolfs maw which caught her instead of Butter Pegasus that hit the floor watching

"RARITY!" Screamed Fluttershy as the wolves jaws shut like a vice cutting her almost in half causing the blood to spray on her.

"No." Everyone gasped stunned at the sight of Rarities lifeless body getting rag dolled in the jaws of wolf before being thrown from the beast maw. Pinkies hair straitened instantly, Rainbow was in tears along with Twilight. Applejack was pounding her fist in to the ground. But Fluttershy just snapped as her sadness was over taken by her rage awakening something in her.

"You will pay." Fluttershy half whispered as she activated her stare causing the wolf to back up a step. "YOU WILL PAY!" She screamed as she charged the wolf but the it just swatted her away like a fly making her crash into wall before turning it's attention to her the other.

"that's interesting" Dramize said to himself as he saw her stare and actions. "Fluttershy say Onigiri and take your vengeance."

"ONIGIRI." As soon as Fluttershy said the word Oni started to glow a blazing red before turning into fire that moved to Fluttershy covering her in flames that grew bigger and bigger until she was just a ball of red flames. The rest of the still living mane six were watching silent as the as the fireball burst revealing Fluttershy in a kirin form her mane was bright red with orange highlights that match her new red demon like horns. She had scales on the sides of her legs, around her neck and forearms . Her wings became dragon like and her dragon tail was covered in red orange hairs. The wolf was about to swipe the transformed Fluttershy but them it's eyes met her now dragon like eyes it stopped and shivered backing away slowly and it wasn't the only one all the normal animal close enough to feel Fluttershy's presents fled even her own friends were on the back peddle but they couldn't say why the only one who wasn't running away in any form was Dramize who was just sitting their smiling at the scene before him because he knew why everyone was back peddling what the timberwolf had just lock eyes with was nothing close to prey it saw before but it was a predator so far past it in the food chain that it's very soul was shaken. "Kill, kill, kill." Was all Fluttershy repeated before charging at the now fleeing timberwolf grabbing it's tail before it could even get it's head in the forest a threw it at a building before jumping on it is chest. She grabbed the wolf's leg snapping it in half before tearing it off and using it as a club to bash the head of the poor wolf until the leg shattered on the deformed sap bleeding lump that was the beasts head, but she wasn't done she saw the wolf repairing the damage she did to it, her palms started to glow orange as she claw at the wolf's chest tearing deeper and deeper as anything that touched her glowing hand burned away the wolf howled in pain so loud that the ponies could feel it forcing the four to close their eyes and then silence. the girl opened their eyes to see the crushed burning lungs of the wolf in her right hand and the burning still beating heart of the wolf in her left hand which she just crushed without a second thought which splattered it's sappy blood all over her. Fluttershy continued to tear the corpse apart until a light purple aura surrounded her lifting her up.

"Stop Fluttershy it's dead." Twilight said as Fluttershy thrashed about in her spell

"You killed it." Rainbow said shaking in disbelieve at the brutality.

"Please just stop." Applejack who was also shaking.

"Please stop this isn't you." Pinkie pleaded with tears in her eyes.

"She a lot stronger than I thought I don't think I can hold her." Twilight said as Fluttershy thrashed harder breaking out of the restraining spell dropping down and lunging toward Twilight who closed her eyes getting ready to take the strike but it never came even thou she heard the strike connect. She opened her eyes to see Dramize standing in front of her holding Fluttershy's wrists.

"Fluttershy are you really going to let your inner dragon run wild." Dramize said as he fended off Fluttershy's attacks with some difficulty until she just stopped. "Finally." Dramize walked forward as Fluttershy fell forward into his arms she started to glow catching fire. The flames danced on her body for a second before gathering on her back and jumping off condensing into a cat shape before turning back into Oni and revealing an unconscious Fluttershy who was mostly back to normal except her mane and tail had two strips of red in them. Dramize relaxed only to be surprised by a double sucker punch delivered by Rainbow Dash and Applejack. "HEY WAHT WAS THAT FOR!?"

"What was that for. WHAT WAS THAT FOR! That was for letting our friend die." Twilight said as her rage started to take her over.

"So what she's a Belle they always die." Dramize said waving off the rage directed at him as he set Fluttershy down. Twilight and the others snapped after he said that they started to attack Dramize as the other kirin came back sitting down watching the show before them. Dramize just sat their dodging or redirecting attacks as one point he even yawned showing who little he was trying which only angered his attackers who Dramize had repelled with magic pulse causing them to charge again.

"What are you girls doing." Said a familiar voice. Dramize smiled and waved while his attackers turned to the sound of the voice.

"RARITY" The girls screams running at their friend with hugging force who seemed to have come back from the grave but slightly different her main and tail had black highlights and her eyes seemed to have a spectral glow to them and Twilight could have sworn she a picture of a skull in then. She was also wearing a new long shimmering black dress with a skeleton pattern rising along it's hem.

"So how was death?" Asked Dramize as he sat down

"Painful at first but strangely calming."

"Your alive but how?" Twilight asked

"It's an interesting story." Rarity said looking up thinking about to explain the meeting with death in which he told her that she and her sister are his descendants when she a dark blue shadows with a silver offsets heading towards them. "Wait is that Princess Luna and guards."