• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 2,651 Views, 14 Comments

Wings - Sugarcube66



When Twilight finds a small foal, what will she do?

  • ...
4
 14
 2,651

First school day

The next few years went by pretty quickly, Starry was becoming a little more open but retain her timid personality. However, she had gained a thirst of knowledge, similar to Nyx's, but it wasn't as severe so she wasn't on a hunt for knowledge every hour of the day. It was just after her fifth birthday when she started school. She was to go to Ponyville Elementary with Surprise and Screwball. She wasn't all that excited, she was nervous of meeting foals of her own age. But she was glad that Surprise and Screwball would be in her class with her.

The young cream unicorn slept comfortably in her bed. Light streaked over her face, from the nearby window which had the curtains drawn. She groaned but got up. She blinked a moment to get her eyes adjusted to the lighting before getting out of her bed and walking over to the cabinet where her clothes were, she was one of the few ponies to wear clothes going out.

She picked up her beautiful onesie which are auntie Rarity had made her. It was purple, but had pink sleeves for each one of her hooves and had star imprints, the stars being in different colors for each. In all it was babyish but she loved it. She gently put it on, with some difficult because of having to use her hooves, because she couldn't use magic just yet. She grabbed a teal headband, which her sister had gave her when she was slightly younger. The gently placed the headband into her mane, without pulling her mane back because it didn't suit like it did with Nyx. She smiled brightly, as she looked at herself in the mirror.

She then bolted out of her room so fast that a cream, purple and blue trail followed behind her. She ran downstairs and made a sharp turn into the kitchen, only to fall over. Twilight, who had been cooking breakfast, looked at her younger foal and giggled. Even Nyx , who was sat at the table, giggled.

''Not funny!'' cried Starry.

''Your so cute, Starry. Come on, breakfast is ready. It's pancakes.'' said her mother, with a knowing smile.

This made Starry's eyes widen with shock before filling with so much delight that sparkles shined from them. She ran to her seat at the table, yelling 'Pancakes! Pancakes!' all the way. She eagerly waited as Twilight put the pile of pancakes coated head to toe in syrup and there was like 10 or so pancakes in the pile. The young filly giggled joyfully before she began devouring the spread in front of her. Nyx giggled at her little sister, before beginning to eat her own. But Nyx didn't even get to take a bite before Starry yelled out loud ''I'm done!''

''Already?!'' questioned Nyx, awkwardly.

''What, I have elementary school starting today.''

''Oh yea. Mom, I'll walk her down, I have to meet up with the crusaders to head to middle school anyway.''

''Alright, sweetie. See you girls later.'' said Twilight, waving them goodbye.

The sisters waved goodbye to their mom and left the castle, Nyx smiled as she walked next to her smaller sister before asking in a caring voice. ''You can't wait to meet with Surprise, Screwball and Hearth's Ruby, can you?''

''No, I can't wait. 'Prise and Screwy have been my friends for years and Ruby's still my LCBFF.'' At Nyx's confused face, she grimaced and spelt out the meaning. ''Little cousin best friend forever.''

''Oh, did mom and Uncle Shiny's relationship naming give you that idea. I mean mom calls him BBBFF.''

Starry nodded, excitedly as the pair walked into four mares at Nyx's age, ones they knew all too well. It was Applebloom, who now had a cowgirl's hat on with a pink ribbon, Sweetie Belle, who had curled her mane even more, Scootaloo, who literally made her hair look like her idol's by attempting to put rainbow dye into it even though it only dyed parts and she had also colorized her hooves and wings to a cyan color like Rainbow's coat, and Twist, who hadn't changed all that much if you excluded the fact that she no longer wore glasses.

''Hey, Crusaders.'' said the black alicorn, with a smile.

''Hey, Nyx.'' said Scootaloo, in a even more tomboyish tone.

''Is this yer sis?'' said Applebloom, curiously looking at a nervous Starry, who was now hiding behind her sister's leg.

''Yes. It is, Applebloom. I believe this is the first time you met the crusaders, isn't it. Starry?''

''Y-yea....''

''Aw, she's so precious.'' cooed Twist.

''Ah happen to agree, Twist.'' said AB, with a smile.

''Same here.'' said the energetic Sweetie Belle, bouncing up and down almost ruining her beautiful curls.

''Sweetie, I would watch your hair. What will your sister think?'' said Nyx, with a hoof on her face. The group continued chatting along the way to the Ponyville Elementary where three fillies were waiting. Nyx said goodbye to her sister and the crusaders and walked up to her friends, who smiled.

Surprise had grown into a lovely white pegasus with a blonde curly and bouncy mane which like her mother's pink curls. And she had also developed purple eyes. Her wings were big for her age but they weren't massive to the point that she was having to flap her wings very gently to be able to fly.

Screwball had grown into a pink earth pony, even though she was more like a alicorn in earth pony's clothing, with curls of white and purple. Her eyes were a unique thing, they had swirls going from the middle outward and often attempted to hypnotize most ponies because of the purple swirls. However, she was sensitive about them and her powers. Much like Starry, Screwy was a shy filly but less shy than the very timid Starry.

And the last filly was a complete mystery. Hearth's Ruby was a hybrid, of a dragon and unicorn to be exact. She was red in color, hence the name Ruby, with darker red dragon wings but her horn was normal in color. Her eyes were similar to Nyx's, aka they had cat-like daggers running through them, but they were also heterochromic meaning they were different colors, hers were blue and green. And her mane was a mess of purple and green.

''Hey, girls.'' said Starry with a little smile.

''Hey, BCBBF!'' said Ruby, running to hug her cousin. Screwy and Surprise made a awkward glace at each other on the filly's wording users but smiled all the same.

''Everypony, time for class.'' came the cheerful call of Cheerilee.

''Lets go! Lets go!'' cried Surprise, in an energetic voice.

The others giggled at their friend before running after her into the schoolhouse, ready for their school day.

Author's Note:

Scootaloo's new design - Here!
Sorry, couldn't get good designs of the others, but it doesn't matter.
Screwy - Here!
Surprise - Here!
Hearth's Ruby - Here!.

Yes, Ruby and Starry are cousins as I believe that Spike and Twilight are siblings.

Comments ( 5 )

5592052 Zecora and yes I know, but she probably not gonna appear in most of my stories. I f***ing hate rhymes cause I suck at them.

5592081 She is a pain in the *** to write . No wonder shes not on the show much .
Anyway good job on the story and i'll be watching this story

''Oh yea. Mom, I'll walk her down, I have to meet up with the crusaders to head to middle school anyway.''

I have nothing against it, but I would say the first day of school, is probably a task for the mother.

Hearth's Ruby was a hybrid, of a dragon and unicorn to be exact. She was red in color, hence the name Ruby, with darker red dragon wings but her horn was normal in color. Her eyes were similar to Nyx's, aka they had cat-like daggers running through them, but they were also heterochromic meaning they were different colors, hers were blue and green. And her mane was a mess of purple and green.

As long as I don´t get to know his personality in your fanfiction, I really don´t like Rarity X Spike.

Sometimes I´m not sure why I don´t like it, but I´m pretty sure it has nothing to do with him being a Dragon, but more how he looks like.
Honestly I was never a fan of those shippings, like Rainbow X Soarin, which looks like she would only like him because of him being a Wonderbolt, Spike X Rarity, because well he can be as mature as he wants to be, they often make him look like an idiot in the show in some way, and he always seems like a child.
Pinkie Pie X Cheese, well I´m not sure if I like him more than before, but still the reason that they are mostly the same character makes me well disaprove a little if I see this pairing. (I hope that sentence works that way)
Twilight X Flash .....A few month´s before I said that the worst OC´s have more personality like him, and it depense on how you see it, that you could find even more reasons why he even is a bad character.
I mean at first he was just there, and I thought nothing of it, but after another comment I had to think about him, and thought that he had no real personality.

Well the only pairing I really don´t like is Rarity X Spike, and even it even made me shudder as I imaged them being together, but I think I can live with that.
However, every picture I saw of him, even if he looks older, he is somehow an abomination, either he has that Baby head with an more or less cool Body, or he has that Baby head, and a clunky body.....yeah I think I wanted to say that.

Well at least Ruby looks okay, but I have to question Scootaloo, The legs are looking good in a way, but it nearly looks like she would make doctors to make a Rainbow Dash out of her.

hope this is updated soon as its pretty good

Login or register to comment