• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 2,651 Views, 14 Comments

Wings - Sugarcube66



When Twilight finds a small foal, what will she do?

  • ...
4
 14
 2,651

The very next day....

About 3 in the morning of the next day, crying cracked through the second floor of the castle awakening everybody within the place. Twilight sighed as she walked into the baby's room, and saw that Starry Night had a accident in the night. She sighed, and with a burst of magic changed the diaper into the fresh one. Nyx and Spike walked in.

''Mommy, why did she cry?'' asked Nyx.

''And since when did you have a foal, Twi?'' asked Spike, curious.

''*Sigh* Nyx, she cried because she needed a diaper change. And Spike, this filly here was left on our doorstep about four hours ago.'' said Twilight, sleepily.

''About that, mommy. What's her name?'' asked Nyx, curiously with a smile on her face.

Twilight smiled, as she rocked the filly nuzzled in her hooves. ''Starry Night is what I named her for the time being. Anyways, come on. We all still need to get to sleep.''

Nyx and Spike both nodded in agreement, as they still were tired and not to mention, Nyx had school in the morning then a bunch of crusader stuff to help her friends earn their marks. Twilight watched them leave the bedroom with a smile on her face. She sighed and looked down at Starry.

''....I would love to take care of you....but can I take the burden of two foals?...'' mumbled Twilight, before something hit her. ''Wait... Fluttershy has a foal worse than this so I suppose it doesn't matter all that much.........I will wait till later to make my decision. Till then, I need to get back to sleep''

She sighed to herself before gently laying the now sleeping Starry Night back in her crib. She smiled and walked out of the pretty dark room which was only lit by moonlit streaming in from the window. She smiled gently as she peered into the room before changing directions and walking into her own bedroom.


The morning came within only a couple of hours. Nyx was the first awake but she settled with simply doing the last of her homework which was due in today. It was only a few more minutes before Twilight came into her daughter's bedroom with a smile on her face. Nyx looked up and smiled.

''Morning, mommy.''

''Morning, Nyx. Why don't you head downstairs? Spike's up and making breakfast, it's pancakes.'' said Twilight, with a smile on her face. ''I just need to get Starry Night so she can have a morning feed.''

''Ok!'' said Nyx. She loved the idea of pancakes. ''See you downstairs.''

Nyx bolted out of her room, taking her homework and bags with her in her magical grip. Twilight smiled and giggled a little, before she turned around and walked into the next room, which was Starry's room- for the time being anyway. She walked up to the crib to sleep Starry awake, and playing with Smarty Pants.

''*Giggle* I see your awake.''

This caught Starry's attention, as she turned to the mare. She didn't recognize Twilight at first and blinked a little. But she soon smiled, having remembered the previous night. But one thing confusion the young filly, where was her mama? As a 5 month old filly, she had no idea and it confused her.

Twilight smiled and reached into the crib to pick up the small unicorn filly. The filly never squirms or cried, but instead giggled slightly. At least, before her tummy rumbled indicating that she was hungry. She didn't know what to do, but to cry. She burst out crying. Twilight smiled and wiped Starry's tears.

''It's alright, there still some milk.''

Starry didn't quite understand but she stopped crying and let the mare carry her downstairs. They walked downstairs and into the kitchen, where Nyx was happily sat at the table waiting for her pancakes. Twilight smiled and giggled a little. She then realized, where would she sit Starry. Then it struck her, magic!

She collected her magical energy and materialized a high chair next to the table. Nyx stared at the new magic made high chair, before turning her attention at her pancakes which Spike had just laid on the table. Twilight smiled and walked up to the high chair and gently sat the toddler into the seat.

''Mommy, how old is Starry?'' asked Nyx, as she swallowed some of her second pancake.

''I don't know for certain, sweetie. But I would say about 5 or 6 months old simply because of her size.'' answered Twilight, as she got the half empty bottle of milk of the fridge. She placed the bottle on the table and grabbed a couple of carrots out of her fridge before closing it. She mushed up the carrots and put the mushed up orange carrots into a bowl with a spoon.

She brought the bottle and mushed up carrots over to Starry, as Nyx and Spike ate their pancakes. She gently let Starry drink some of her milk before spoon-feeding the filly the carrot mush, something the small unicorn filly seemed to love. As soon as the bowl was empty, Twilight let the filly continue drinking from her milk so she could eat her pancakes. She took a bite from her first pancake of three and swallowed before looking at Nyx. ''Sweetie, don't you think that you should get to school?''

Nyx gasped and nodded quickly. She finished her last pancake at high speeds, and was quick to get out of the door, just as the CMC parked their scooter and cart in front of the door. The alicorn filly smiled, as she teleported her vest and headband on and got into the cart with Sweetie Belle and Applebloom saying good morning before Scootaloo took off to get her and her friends to school on time. Twilight giggled to herself and turned to Spike. ''I'm going out, take care of yourself, Owlowiscious and Peewee for me.''

''Alright, Twi.'' said Spike, with a honest smile.

''Thank you. I'm going to talk to the girls to find out what I should do with Star here.'' said Twilight gently, as she walked over to the young foal before picking her up.

''I see, see ya later.''

Author's Note:

I made hints to Fluttershy's foal, don't worry she'll come into it. I'll give you two hints I done stories on her before and lets say she isn't exactly a normal earth pony filly, see if you can guess.