• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 2,651 Views, 14 Comments

Wings - Sugarcube66



When Twilight finds a small foal, what will she do?

  • ...
4
 14
 2,651

Playdate

A few days passed since Twilight adopted Starry Night. Both of them were still getting use to the new idea however they were getting along with it just fine. Nyx, Spike and the pets had taken a liking to Starry pretty quickly. Twilight also adored her new baby daughter even though she had to admit, caring for two foals was difficult.

One day, just after breakfast, a knock was brought to the door. Twilight blinked in confusion from her place in the kitchen with Spike and Starry. She turned to Spike and said gently. ''Keep an eye on Star for me please, I will be back in a moment.''

''You can count of me, sister.'' said Spike, with a salute.

''Thank you, Spike.'' smiled Twilight.

The alicorn mare got up and walked over to the door. She used her magic to open the crystallized door to see Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, both holding their respective foal. Surprise was desperately trying to fly out of Pinkie's grip whilst Screwball was trying to use her powers but Fluttershy was controlling her.

''What are you doing here, Pinkie, Fluttershy?''

''Well, Twilight....We both have something to do today so...we thought....that Surprise and Screwy could have a playdate with Starry Night....that is if you don't mind.'' mumbled Fluttershy, in her sweet tone.

''Yes, I have to take Minty to the dentist to have a teeth check up, but he's terrified so I can't be revolving my life around a 3 year old and a 6 old month foal, can I?'' continued Pinkie.

''I understand, girls. The playpen is upstairs, next door to Nyx's room in Starry's new bedroom. Just put them in there and I'll get Starry.'' said Twilight, with a smile.

''Okay.'' was the reply, in unison before they began their trek up the staircase.

Twilight stood there for a moment, watching them with a smile on her face. Starry's first playdate, what a joy. She walked back into the kitchen, where Spike was spoon-feeding Starry the rest of her carrot mush. She smiled and walked over to the pair. ''Is she nearly done, Spike?''

''Just about, Twi. Who was at the door?''

''It was Pinkie and Fluttershy asking if their foals could have a playdate.''

''And you agreed. Do you know how much trouble Screwball alone is?!'' cried Spike frantically, as he almost dropped the spoon that he was holding.

''Yes, I do but I would love Starry to meet fillies her own age, she has Nyx and you but she doesn't have her own playmates yet so if Surprise and Screwy can be her playmates, it's a joy and wonder for her.''

''If you say so, but I ain't helping. I'm actually going over to Rarity's soon.'' muttered Spike.

''You finally gonna ask her?'' asked Twilight, with a grin on her face.

''What!?.....yea...I want her to marry me but I haven't had to courage.'' mumbled Spike, nervously.

''Don't worry your spikes off, you'll be fine.'' said Twilight with a reassuring smile.

Spike nodded gently, not fully reassured, as he fed Starry her last spoonful. He sighed and picked up the toddler and gave her to Twilight. ''Here.... see you later, Twi.'' with that, he left.

Twilight smiled, and carried little Starry up the stairs to the infant's room, where the playpen was. Fluttershy and Pinkie were still there smiling at their own foals, who were playing together. Twilight smiled at her friends and gently trotted over to the pen, and gently placed Starry in it with the other foals.

''Guys, don't you think it's time to leave?'' said Twilight, gently.

''Right, Minty's hospital appointment!'' gasped Pinkie. ''Bye bye, Twily!''

''Yea. Bye, Twilight...'' mumbled Fluttershy, as she followed Pinkie out.

''Bye, girls.'' said Twilight, waving goodbye. ''I'll leave you to play with them, Starry.'' and she left the room to the foals to play within.


''Hey, Surwise.'' said Screwball, in her baby tone. ''Wsn't that foaw the one from westerway?''

''Weww, she wooks famiwiaw.'' said Surprise, in reply. ''So wes.''

''Wets go tawk to hew!'' said the energetic earth pony.

''Gweat idea, Screwy.''

Starry was gently playing with her toys, when the two slightly older foals walk over to her. She squeaked at the sight of them and attempted to hide behind one of her soft toys.

''Hey, hey. wit's alwight.'' said Screwy.

''Who awe you?'' asked Starry, nervously.

''Hewwo. I'm Surwise Pwi!'' said the white pegasus.

''And I'm Screwbaww, wickwamed Screwy.'' said the pink earth pony. ''Wat's your wame?''

''....Um...Swarry....mommy recently named...me Swarry Wight....''

''Cuwe wame!'' said Surprise, flapping her wings energetically. ''Wey, don't you wave a siswer?''

''Uh huh...Nyw...''

''I wisw I had a siswer.'' dreamed Surprise. ''Bwt no, I have mwnt Pwi, inwteed.''

''It's woesn't watter, Surwise.'' said Screwy. ''Swarry, wanna pway with us?''

''....Suwe.....I twink....'' mumbled Starry, nervously.

''Wets aww be frwends.'' said Surprise, finally out from her dream world.

''Suwe!'' smiled Screwy.

''Oway...'' whispered Starry.

Author's Note:

Okay, first AJ's accent. Now baby talk (Though won't last forever)