• Published 19th Jan 2015
  • 565 Views, 25 Comments

The Grey Arbiter - Shrike



A human, masquerading as a pony, enters the world of private investigation. Despite every effort to avoid it, his activities accidentally involve him in a larger game, where only death awaits the loser.

  • ...
7
 25
 565
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 5 )

This chapter was great. The interaction between Anon and the Arbitress was interesting and I loved the way Big Mac confronted Anon about his secrecy and the way they made up. It was a great chapter.

It's been awhile, hasn't it?

I can't get over how weird Anon and the Arbitress are. They always have been, but it's most pronounced here. It's an odd relationship that I've rarely seen between a protagonist and an antagonist. I think the one that comes to mind most easily is Kreia and The Exile from KotOR 2. Though Ravel Puzzlewell and The Nameless One from Planescape Torment is another one that comes to mind. Yet this is different in that they are really mirrors to each other, even if one of them is at a disadvantage, the other can't let go despite knowing it will be a bad idea long term. Or perhaps not caring once her mission is complete.

As always I can't really see where all the plots unfold, just that I'm enthralled by your pony world. It's a decent enough Noir that I can easily imagine reading it as an actual book, but it always keeps the elements of ponies in the foreground at all times, even if it paints a much darker picture than we are used to.

I see you saved The Talk for next chapter though.

so, is there any hope of seeing an other chapter?

I hope you will come back with this story I really liked it

Login or register to comment