• Published 5th Jan 2015
  • 368 Views, 0 Comments

Nexus World - Bellex



What is happening to Equestria when things randomly appear.

  • ...
 0
 368

Oopsies

"Princess Celestia," a guard called from the doors to her throne room, while day court was happening. "Princess Twilight is here with more of the objects."

"Thank you Daybreak, please tell the Princess to bring them to the labs and I shall be with her as soon as I can. I am sorry Mr. Duke, but I am calling for lunch early. We may continue afterwards if you wish." Princess Celestia, Diarch of Equestria, Bringer of the Day and other titles that have fallen out of date, told the pre-dawn colored unicorn at the base of her throne. With assurances of continuing, she broke for lunch and headed down to where all the strange objects that have been appearing all over Equestria are being kept and studied.

Getting to her destination, she passed by a pair of her Royal Guards as she entered the re-purposed storage room. Now it was an expansive lab whose purpose was to identify and catalog as much as possible from everything that entered its halls. Standing in front of her was the newest Princess, Twilight Sparkle with a large crate of red and white balls. The same ones that filled up an entire side room by themselves. In front of Twilight, looking into the crate, was the cataloger writing down the amount in the crate and their dates found as told by Twilight.

While that was taking place, Twilight's friends were keeping to themselves observing the room and the very busy ponies using equipment on various objects. All except Pinkie, who was going around saying "Hi! I'm Pinkie Pie!" "What's this?" and "What does this button do?" Chuckling, Celestia made herself known.

"Good morning Princess. I brought more of those balls that the ponies have been bringing me. I also have a sword and a bicycle." When Celestia asked what a bicycle was Twilight explained bringing an oh of understanding. Perhaps the minotaurs could use it being bipedal themselves. Celestia excused herself, letting Twilight get back to the cataloger.

Searching for the head scientist, she found him looking over a long sword with a blue hilt, blue wing guard and a triplet of triangles engraved on the blade.

"What do you think Dr. Searchlight?" She asked the white and mulberry mare. Despite her apparent young age, she was the best at magical detection and which type of magic if there was any apparent. Before working for the Crown, she was working as a magic diagnosis doctor at the Manehatten Anomaly Hospital.

"Well Princess, without stating the obvious, I am detecting inherent magic in the blade. I am detecting time magic and a mix of wind and force. Even among the few dozen weapons we have acquired, this is the first one with chronomancy within it. I wouldn't be surprised if this swords first use is not as a weapon at all. I am also detecting it to be ancient, possibly older than Equestria itself, even knowing that, it has been well cared for. Possibly even the reason why chronomancy was used. If I had to take a guess I would call this a holy weapon."

"Very good. Let me know if you find anything else." A glance to the side. " What can you tell me about the bicycle?"

"Non-magical. Sent it to Dr. Ore." With this Celestia went back to Twilight, who was watching as ponies moved the balls unto the counter to be looked over by Dr. Searchlight later. It would be interesting to note that only roughly 10% of these balls have a strange magic in them. It doesn't appear to be used for anything, but nonetheless, these 10% are separated from their non magical versions to be studied. Even after many months, the only thing known is that there's magic inside and that they can't get to it.

"So Twilight, how has it been in Ponyville? I've noticed it has been quite peaceful since all of this has started."

"It really has been quiet. In fact, the only thing I have to worry about is everypony bringing me these objects. I've tried to study them, but I don't have the resources to find anything out." She gave a short sigh. "I wish I could stay here and help. Oh the things we can learn from all these items."

"Why don't you spend the day at the castle, Twilight. I'm sure your friends wouldn't mind spending a holiday here. And you can spend some time here working alongside these ponies making discoveries." The stars in Twilight's eyes as she imagined the possibilities told Celestia she had her ex-student hook, line, and sinker.

"I would love to Princess, but I can't keep the others here." From across the lab came Pinkie's cheerful voice. "I'm fine with it Twilight." Then she continued introducing herself to the scientists before making her way back to the others.

The others were quick to agree to staying in the palace for the day. Celestia and Twilight continued their small talk while Applejack and Rainbow Dash were looking at some of the larger items in the lab. Rarity and Fluttershy were being polite and stayed out of the way when out of nowhere Twilight shouted.

"Pinkie, don't touch that!" Pinkie was just about to touch one of the balls at the counter's edge.

"Sorry Twilight. It's just so shiny." She looked back to the shiny and was again filled with a desire to touch it.

"Well don't touch it anyway." Twilight made sure Pinkie turned away before continuing her conversation with Celestia. She didn't see it, but when Pinkie turned around her tailed brushed against the ball she was mesmerized with. This caused the ball to tip and roll off the counter, landing on the white button, causing it to open up and bounce away with a red flash that stayed on the floor. Everypony who saw the red flash stopped to stare as it took an egg like shape before changing colors to white and pink and blue. The silence became greater as the rest of the ponies noticed. After a moment the egg sprouted 4 limbs while the top opened up. Then the now recognized creature looked around. Spotting Pinkie, it gave a face with childlike glee and did a skip walk towards her.

"TOOOOOOGGIII-PPRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIII!"

"PINKIE!"

"Oopsies."

Author's Note:

I would like to make a story out of this, but I don't believe I'll have time to make it anything more than a one-shot.
Hugs:twilightblush:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment