• Published 28th Jan 2015
  • 569 Views, 26 Comments

The SUN never SETS at East High... - Equestrian Career



Sunset Shimmer enters an exchange program to attened East High School during the first High School Musical movie.

  • ...
14
 26
 569

Part II

As you know, when I got back to Canterlot High about a week later, Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna assigned me to a student exchange program at East High school, located in the other world, a city called Albuquerque, New Mexico. Although I said yes in a heartbeat, I had no idea what to expect. So, I walk into the principal's office, and who should I happen to run into? Why, it was none other than...

"Gabriella?" I asked.

She turned around and squealed, "Sunset Shimmer!" She hugged me very tight, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm an exchange student. Is this your school?"

"It is now. My mom's job got transferred, so here I am!"

"Well, it's a relief to know someone who goes here."

"While I couldn't be more happy, I'm still nervous," Gabriella turned to her mother, "I don't want to be the school's freaky genius girl again."

Gabriella's mother kissed her, "Just be Gabriella."

Gabriella turned back to me, "What's your first period?"

I looked at my schedule, "Drama class with Miss Darbus. Is that yours?"

She nodded. So, we both went there and took two seats in the back row. I noticed Gabriella was looking to the front of the room. I leaned over to her, "What are you looking at?"

She leaned back to me, "I thought I saw... never mind." As the bell rang, two students walked in, a boy and a girl, both with blond hair. There was something about the girl that seemed oddly familiar. I had never seen her before in my life, but the way she acted was almost like...

"Ahh!" Miss Darbus snapped me out of my thoughts, "The cell phones have returned!" She went to the two blond kids, "Sharpay and Ryan, I will be seeing you in detention!" As they put their cell phones in a bucket, Gabriella tapped me and showed me her phone, showing that she got a text from Troy, the basketball player from the ski resort. Miss Darbus came to us, "Since you are new here, you should know I have zero tolerance for cell phones. So, Miss Montez and Miss Shimmer, I will be expecting you in detention." She went to a kid at the front of the room, "You too Mr. Bolton!" So, I thought to myself, here was the famous Bolton that Rainbow Dash had told me about. He actually looked like...

RIIIINNNG!! The bell rang and everyone left. Next was a free period, so I decided to have a proper meet and greet with Gabriella. "I don't believe it!" a voice said "Who would have thought the two girls I met at a ski resort would come to my school?" It was Troy! "What are you doing here?"

"I transferred here," said Gabriella.

"I am an exchange student from Canterlot High." I said.

"I heard of Canterlot High!" Gabriella said "That's where that band goes to school... The Rainbooms!"

I smiled, "Well, Troy Bolton and Gabriella Montez, you are looking at The Rainbooms' backup guitarist!"

"Really? That is so cool," Troy whispered "Can you go all anthro with pony ears and tails?"

As I nodded, Gabriella asked Troy, "Why are you whispering?"

Troy kept whispering, "I told my friends about the snowboarding, but not about the singing." I rolled my eyes because, well, he shouldn't be ashamed. He's a good singer and should be proud of it. Troy returned to a normal voice, "Anyways, welcome to East High! So, now that you meet Miss Darbus, you're probably going to sign up for that." He pointed to a sign that said 'East High Winter Musical Audition Sign-Ups'

"I'm not signing up for anything," Gabriella said "I just want to get used to the school."

Troy looked at me, "And you, Miss Rainboom?"

"I can't," I explained "I'm only here for two weeks."

"Yeah, I guess that's impossible," he laughed.

"What's impossible Troy?" a voice asked. It was that girl from drama class, Sharpay. "I don't think impossible is in your vocabulary," she said. She wrote 'Sharpay Evans' in large script, so it took up a majority of the sheet. She looked at Gabriella, "Oh, were you going to sign up too?"

Gabriella said, "Oh no, I'm just looking at the different bulletins." She turned to me, "I'm going to go, see you later!"

As she left, Sharpay turned to me, "What about you, hmm?" I didn't say anything. I just kept staring at her. She did a little giggle, "Where are my manners? I'm Sharpay Evans. Any you are?" Sharpay held out her hand, but I didn't take it. She reminded me of someone. Her fancy clothes, her attitude, her walk, it was as if to say, 'That's right. I rule this school. Don't try to top me, or you'll be sorry.' All of a sudden, I realized it. I gave her a look of disgust and walked away, leaving her with a half shocked, half confused expression. I know it's rude, but she deserves it because I realized she was exactly she exactly like... the old Sunset Shimmer. The rude one, the power-hungry one, the one I was trying to get away from. But no, here she was, back to haunt me.

Author's Note:

I actually like this "Sharpay is the old Sunset Shimmer brought back to life" analogy. What do you think?

Comments ( 26 )

I can see the parallels between Sharpay and Sunset! :pinkiehappy:

5558259 Thank you for reading my story!
Yeah, when I was writing the story, I realized this connection and thought it was so interesting, I couldn't help adding it to the story. More parallels will be made soon. They both are going to want something, but in different ways (you'll see what I mean soon :twilightsmile:).

Too rushed. Slow your scenes down so that we can actually feel some emotion from this story. You also should show us a lot more. Like how were the two feeling unsure about the singing? What did their body posture look like? Their facial expressions? And just a quick note; Canterlot High is in the human world. By saying that East High is in the other world, you're inmlying that Canterlot High is in the ponyverse, when the two are separate universes.

And there go my eyes and mental state.

5561631 Thank you for your honesty.
First, I'm not the best writer in the world. I am very bad at describing things. I find it very hard to do.
Second, I imagined that Earth and the Canterlot High world were two separate worlds that you could travel between. Sunset Shimmer traveled from the world with CHS to the Earth to get to East High. This concept is mentioned in my other fanfiction, "The Jets, The Sharks, and The Ponies"
Again, thanks for your honesty! :twilightblush:

From the creator of "The Jets, The Sharks, and The Ponies", comes another crossover fanfic, this time with High School Musical!

This is possibly the only description I've read that had me laughing in one sentence.

I DO NOT OWN MY LITTLE PONY OR HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL!

This is unnecessary and is in fact, a bad idea. It's an admission of guilt, saying you knew this copyrighted material wasn't yours and used it without permission anyways. For an analogy, imagine you're driving a stolen car, and a cop pulls you over. If they ask you if you own the car, and you say: 'Nope, this car isn't mine. It belongs to -----", you just confessed to possesion of a stolen vehicle.

5561731 Thanks for your honesty, but are you judging my fanfiction based on the description?
I mean, first, I just wanted people to know what I was associated with, kind of like advertising.
Second, I knew this is weird, but I think saying you don't own something is a good thing, showing you are not intentionally stealing it. Plus, last time I checked, THIS IS A WEBSITE FOR FANFICTION. People are stealing from MLP and other media all the time on here!!!! :facehoof:
Please don't take this the wrong way.

5561648 Is that a good or bad thing.
If good, then thanks! :derpytongue2:
If bad, then I'm sorry. :pinkiesad2:

5561787

I don't think you'd wanna know.

Interesting story. And if you don't mind, I would like to introduce one of my stories about Sunset Shimmer to you.

It's about a girl who was once had a great life for being as a center of being popular but then Sunset ruined her life.

Two years later, she come back with her new friends for revenge with don't know that Sunset is now a good girl.

5563828 Thanks for liking my story! People like you are the reason I made this account!!!!! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:
As for yours, I'm intrigued. Where can I find this story of yours?

5561785
I don't think it counts as "judging by it's cover" if I haven't liked or disliked it yet. I just chose not to read it based on the fact that I have no interest in reading an MLP/High School Musical crossover.

Also, no. Saying you don't own it is, like I said, admitting you knowingly used material you know you don't own. Like my example, it's the equivalent of telling a cop that the car you are driving doesn't belong to you and isn't used with permission. Legally, it is an admission of guilt. I understand this is a fanfiction site, where almost everyone breaks the rules. So why say you're breaking the rules? Saying you don't own the stuff only makes you look worse, and doesn't help anyone.

5564817

Go to my account. It is the newest one. The name is Equestria Girls: Revenge on Sunset Shimmer.

5567320 I will add it to my read later library! :raritywink:

This story sounds interesting, but not like something that would really appeal to me. I haven't seen much of any of the high school musical movies and am not a huge fan of what I have seen. I might give this story a try but I'm not sure if it'll even make a lot of sense to me, having not seen much of the movies. If I may suggest another fic idea, maybe a MLP Teen Titans crossover? That show was awesome.

5570368 That would sound great... except I don't watch Teen Titans.
Don't get me wrong. It looks like an amazing show. I have seen one episode ("How Long Is Forever" I think it was called.) and it was really good!
Thanks for giving this a chance anyway! My next fanfiction is going to be a sequel to this, but the one after that is NOT a crossover!

5572092 cool. And I highly suggest watching Teen Titans. It was an amazing show.:raritywink:

5573092 You know what? If I see it on Cartoon Network (or somewhere else), I'll watch it!

5573665 you'll have to find it online. It was cancelled in 2006:ajsleepy: luckily I found a site that lets you watch any and every episode for free!

5573731 is it called allnewepisodes.com? I use it to watch Doctor Who.

5580100 no it's dubcrazy.tv

5580337 Thanks! I will remember that!

WOW.
This sounded so bad that I had to comment on it just to downvote it.
Normally, I try not to be a harsh critic, but anyone who thinks two musicals, one of which is horribly sappy and obviously for little girls, and the other of which is Equestria Girls, deserve to be crossed over must have an awful, awful case of Mary Sue syndrome.

Is this dead? I hope not because I really like it

This is awesome I really hope it isn't dead :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment