• Published 20th Nov 2014
  • 4,762 Views, 846 Comments

Sonata the Drama - MythrilMoth



Sonata Dusk accidentally summons Kim Possible, Ron Stoppable, and Rufus to Canterlot High.

  • ...
29
 846
 4,762

PreviousChapters Next
Sonata Hayride

The drive to Sweet Apple Acres was long and bumpy. The truck's suspension was shot, so even the slightest bump in the road had Kim, Ron, and Sonata bouncing into each other and the hay bales. Only five minutes into the trip, Kim had hay all in her hair and had been poked repeatedly in the arms by straw.

When they finally arrived—which took over half an hour, because the truck couldn't do over forty—the three rattled teens followed their hosts into a rustic, comfortable farmhouse.

"Sorry fer th' rough ride," Applejack said. "Tain't no better up front, but Ah reckon all that hay didn't help."

"It's...it's alright," Kim said.

"Ah'm Applejack, by the way," Applejack said. "This here's mah brother Big Macintosh. Ah already know this one," she said, motioning at Sonata, "but who are y'all folks?"

"I'm Kim Possible, and this is Ron Stoppable."

"And this is Rufus!" Ron said, introducing his naked mole rat.

Applejack scratched her head. "Huh. That's a mighty odd little critter." She shrugged. "Well...c'mon in, set a spell. Ah'll fetch us all a drink. We can chit-chat like, then git down t' business."

Moments later, Applejack, Kim, Ron, Sonata, and Big Macintosh sat around the living room with cold bottles of fizzy apple cider. "So, whut's yer story?" Applejack asked.

"This may sound hard to believe," Kim said, "but...we're from another dimension, and we're a little...stuck."

Applejack frowned. "Equestria?"

"Nope, different dimension," Ron said.

"I uhh...tried to force open that portal at CHS, and I had a little oopsie," Sonata said.

Applejack raised an eyebrow. "An' jes' why in tarnation were you foolin' with that there portal?"

Sonata looked down. "I just...wanted to go home."

Applejack's eyes softened. "Well...dang it all..." She sighed. "Ah don't know nothin' about all this magic an' other worlds stuff. You'll wanna talk t' Sunset Shimmer about all that. But, Ah can put y'all up here until y'all can git yerselves home." She took a swig of cider, then looked at Sonata. "Now, about you..."

Sonata gulped.

"Whut happened t' them other two Sirens?"

"Oh, they're still in the city," Sonata said. "They wanna go home too. But we'll need help. And...they weren't sure you'd be willing to help us. We don't really belong in your world." She sighed. "I don't know if they'll even let us go back to Equestria, but...I just wanna go home. I can't promise Adagio and Aria will behave themselves, but I'm gonna try. For realzies."

"Well heck, you shoulda just asked us in th' first place," Applejack said. "Ah'm sure Sunset Shimmer woulda wrote t' Princess Twilight. Ah mean, we all forgave her, an' she was causin' trouble 'round here a heck of a lot longer than y'all were." She frowned. "You sure you wanna work here fer a room? Sounds t' me like you got a place t' stay."

"Well...I need to stick close to Kim and Ron," Sonata said. "I mean...it was my taco that zapped them here, so it's my fault they're stuck...and it'll be easier to keep up with what's going on with the portal and everything if I'm around when it happens."

"Fair enough," Applejack said. "Well, Ah reckon Kim an' Sonata can take th' guest room...Ron, you'll hafta bunk in th' barn, but it ain't so bad. Ah got a sleepin' bag an' we can set you up a nice little camp out there." She looked at the clock. "Granny oughta have lunch up pretty soon." She frowned. "Ah'd call Sunset Shimmer, but Ah know she went t' some film festival with Rainbow Dash an' Pinkie Pie today, so she probably ain't got service. We'll holler at 'er later." She put her empty cider bottle on the table and stretched her arms out. "Ah'll git y'all started on some chores after lunch."

A short while later, everyone was called to the kitchen by Applejack's grandmother Granny Smith, an elderly woman with pale green skin, deep wrinkles, and her grey hair in a bun. As they all sat at the table, Granny Smith looked around. "Well now, who do we have here?"

"Couple'a boarders," Applejack said. "They're gonna work fer beds an' meals."

"Really now? Well, pleased t' meetcha," Granny Smith said. "Y'all help yerselves, don't be shy now."

"Please and thank you!" Kim said, reaching for a serving platter and heaping green beans onto her plate. Ron reached for the mashed potatoes, while Sonata spooned fried okra onto her plate. A minute later, a platter of fried chicken was passed around, and everybody took two pieces (or three, in Big Mac's case).

Once everyone had gotten what they wanted, they started eating. "Wow, this is really good!" Kim said.

"Yeah! This is so much better than...well...anything I've ever eaten in this world!" Sonata said.

"Yep, this here's some primo chow," Ron said. He gave Rufus a piece of fried okra.

"Mmm-hmm, homecookin'," Rufus agreed, chomping it down eagerly.

Granny Smith stared at Rufus. "Now whut kinda varmint's that?"

"Rufus is a naked mole rat," Kim said. "Don't worry about him, he's probably the most well-behaved pet in the world."

"An' here Ah thought Spike was th' only talkin' critter," Applejack said, shaking her head.

"We...don't even really know how he does that," Ron said.

Over lunch, Kim and Ron told the Apple family about themselves: that they had recently graduated high school, that they were a steady couple, that they regularly saved the world from a variety of evil villains, and that this wasn't their first brush with other worlds or other dimensions.

"Huh," Applejack said. "Sounds like y'all have quite th' excitin' life."

"A little too exciting sometimes," Ron said.

"Well, Ah'm a junior at CHS, Big Mac here's a senior, mah lil' sis Apple Bloom is a freshman..." Applejack waved a chicken leg around as she spoke. "Ma an' Pa passed a few years back, so me an' Big Mac run th' farm when we're not in school. Granny's the school lunch lady. Oh, an' Ah'm in a band with mah friends." She gave Sonata a smug look. "A band that won th' Battle o' th' Bands a little while back."

Sonata ducked her head. "Okay, yeah, so you're pretty good," she said.

"Ooh, you're in a rock band?" Kim asked. "Spankin'! What do you play?"

"Bass."

Ron looked at his hands. "You know, I tried to learn to play bass once. Didn't care for the blisters."

"Can I ask a really stupid question?" Kim asked. "What do you call this world?"

Applejack scratched her head. "Earth."

Sonata gasped. "Oh my gosh! Kim! You said you're from Earth! That means you just need to get a ride back home!" She bounced in her seat. "Yay! Things worked out okay!"

"Uhh...not so much, Sonata," Kim said. "I'm pretty sure the Earth we're from and this Earth aren't the same Earth."

"Yeah, we don't have blue and green people on our Earth," Ron said. "I mean, you know, normally. Drakken and Shego don't count, they're freaks."

"Ron!"

"What? They are. I mean, yeah, they're okay freaks, you know, now..."

"ANYway," Kim said, "there's also the fact that the Kimmunicator doesn't work. If we were really still on our Earth, it'd work no matter where we were."

"Well, don't fret none now, missy," Granny Smith said. "You'll find your way home, an' we'll take good care'a y'all here at Sweet Apple Acres 'til y'do."

"Thanks, Granny Smith," Kim said.

Once everyone had eaten their fill and Kim had helped wash the dishes, Applejack led Kim, Ron, and Sonata out into the orchard. "Now, there's pickin' to be done all up in th' east field, so that's what we're gonna be doin' today..."

PreviousChapters Next