• Published 20th Nov 2014
  • 4,763 Views, 846 Comments

Sonata the Drama - MythrilMoth



Sonata Dusk accidentally summons Kim Possible, Ron Stoppable, and Rufus to Canterlot High.

  • ...
29
 846
 4,763

PreviousChapters Next
Sonata Roadblock

A heavy air hung over the Hamato Clan compound. Kim sat, dejected, next to Ron, who was doing his best to comfort her without freaking out. Jade sat next to them, looking miserable. Sonata and Twilight sat across from them, glum and uncomfortable.

At the head of the table, Yoshi and Saki sat to either side of Yuuta. Both of them looked furious. Yuuta looked solemn.

"This...impostor," Yuuta said. "Is there any way to pursue him?"

"Not unless I can build a new vortex inducer," Twilight said. "Which...I'm going to try to do, but I need the parts, and I'm not sure I can even lock on to the vortex without the original."

Saki frowned. "The device that was stolen...it creates a hole in space and time, does it not?"

"Yes and no," Twilight said. "The vortex is actually..." She chewed her lip in thought. "Think of it like a current," she began. "I was able to trigger it using the equipment in my lab in our home dimension, but the current flows in one direction. The vortex inducer was hard-coded to the specific frequency of the vortex, so it could trigger a rip that accesses the flow and lets us travel from one universe to the next."

Saki rubbed his chin. "Then...the portable device you carry with you does not create the passage, it merely taps into a river flowing from your home to other worlds?"

"So, it is a key," Yuuta said, nodding.

"Basically," Twilight said, adjusting her glasses. "And a key needs to fit the lock or the door won't open."

"If anyone can make a new portal opening thingie, you can," Ron said with an encouraging smile. "Without you, we wouldn't even be on this crazy ride to begin with!"

"But I don't have a lab. Or equipment. Or materials." Twilight sighed, bowing her head. "I can't make a vortex inducer out of thin air."

"We can help procure the things you need to complete your device," Yuuta said. "Now, my next question: Naito, or rather, this alien...what of him? If you can once again open the door to other worlds, can you find him and see to it justice is served?"

"He can only go wherever the vortex goes with that thing," Kim said, shrugging. "If we can lock onto the vortex again, we're bound to run into him sooner or later." She narrowed her eyes. "And then? It's payback time."

"I am curious," Saki said. "You were able to build a device that can travel between alternate realities. Why does it only allow you to travel in one direction?"

"Because I barely understand how the dimensional vortex works in the first place," Twilight admitted. "I invented the vortex by accident. It can bridge freely back and forth between two worlds that are directly connected to each other, but to travel between universes that aren't on the same plane..." She shrugged. "All I managed to do was send a shockwave rippling across reality and make a trigger that opens a hole in it. It'll take years for me to figure out how to make the vortex open and close at will wherever I want it to."

Yuuta sat forward. "Provide us with a list of the equipment and materials you need," he said. "We will do what we can to assist you. In the meantime, make yourselves at home. You are safe and welcome here."

* * * * *

Several days passed.

As the Hamato Clan worked to put together a temporary lab for Twilight, Twilight worked on schematics for a replacement vortex inducer and crystal tracker. Meanwhile, Sonata, Kim, Ron, and Jade passed the time alternating between exploring the city and doing chores around the compound, as well as joining some of the shinobi for exercises. Ron and Jade also spent quite a bit of time on the Internet searching for anything related to aliens and paranormal activity, in an effort to learn more about Kraang Subprime and other sightings of similar beings.

Three days into this seemingly pointless endeavor, Ron suddenly burst into the dojo where Kim was sparring with Yoshi, face pale and shaking a sheaf of papers frantically. "KP?! KP!!"

"Chill, Ron, what's the sitch?"

Ron shoved his papers at Kim, a haunted look on his face. "We're the sitch, KP. We're the sitch."

Kim frowned at Ron, but took the papers and began reading them. As she read, her jaw slowly dropped open, her eyes wide. "But...but this is...this is impossible!"

"No," Ron said seriously, tapping the top paper with a finger. "This is Kim Possible."

Their friends, who had gathered upon hearing Ron's panicked yells, crowded around to see what Ron and Kim were freaked out about. On the very front page was a newspaper article. Over a photograph of a young teen with braces and a bashful expression, a headline proclaimed:

CHEERLEADER SAVES MILLIONAIRE FROM SECURITY SYSTEM SNAFU

"Hey, that looks kinda like you, Kim!" Sonata said.

"That's because it is me," Kim said. She looked up at Ron, blinking owlishly. "We're...home?!"

PreviousChapters Next