• Published 20th Nov 2014
  • 4,763 Views, 846 Comments

Sonata the Drama - MythrilMoth



Sonata Dusk accidentally summons Kim Possible, Ron Stoppable, and Rufus to Canterlot High.

  • ...
29
 846
 4,763

PreviousChapters Next
Sonata Rabbit

"We're in Japan."

"Don't you mean Neighpon?" Twilight asked, frowning.

Before Kim could ask what Twilight meant, her spectrometer started going crazy, flashing and beeping wildly. Something shot past them, whipping their hair and clothes in a sudden gust of wind. It skidded to a halt and spun around, letting out a feminine shout.

Before any of them could process what was happening, the four travelers found themselves trapped in a thick layer of what looked and smelled like orange marmalade. "Ugh! What the—?" Kim said.

"OHOHOHOHOHO!" laughed their apparent assailant. Through the marmalade, they could just barely make out the details of her appearance:

She looked to be in her mid to late twenties and was tall and slender, with long legs encased in peppermint-striped tights. On her feet, she wore bright pink, open-toe platform shoes with six-inch spike heels. Her indecently short miniskirt was made of interwoven red and black licorice. The low-cut top she wore was covered in what appeared to be hard candies of different colors and shapes. Her skin was a glossy, almost translucent pink, her expression one of manic glee and superiority. A butterfly-shaped mask made of chocolate covered her eyes, and her hair was a mass of cotton candy decorated with peppermints and butterscotch candies. A purse made of marzipan hung at her right hip; in her hands, she held a massive lollipop.

"Bad candy! BAD CANDY!" Ron yelped.

"SHINE AQUA ILLUSION!"

A wave of cold, clear water washed over Twilight, Kim, Ron, and Sonata, dissolving the marmalade.

"Daijoubu desu ka?" a gentle but insistent voice asked. They turned to see a teenage girl with short medium-blue hair and gentle blue eyes wearing a white leotard with a blue skirt, naval collar flap, and knee-high boots, white elbow-length gloves, and light blue bows at her chest and the small of her back. A blue choker encircled her neck, and a gold tiara graced her forehead. She looked the four of them over, blinking twice, then shook her head and looked at the candy nightmare standing just a few feet away. "Hayaku, nigete kudasai!"

"Uhh...what?" Ron asked.

Twilight adjusted her glasses. "I don't speak Neighponese but I'm pretty sure she's telling us to run!" The last word came out as a yell as the candy woman pulled a sparkling jawbreaker out of her bag and threw it at the blue-haired girl.

Twilight, Sonata, and Ron scrambled to the side, but Kim jumped forward, grabbed the jawbreaker out of the air, and threw it back at the source. The candy woman's eyes widened in shock as it exploded, scattering bits of candy from her hair and clothes all over the street.

The blue-haired girl stared at Kim in shock; four more girls in similar outfits, each with a different color scheme and different footwear, dropped into view. The one with a red skirt, red high heels, and long black hair got in Kim's face and started raving angrily at her. The tall, green-skirted brunette next to her put a hand on her shoulder and calmed her down.

The candy villain started ranting at them and throwing things, then charged with her lollipop raised high like a cudgel or sledgehammer.

Just then, a pinkish blur shot out of nowhere with a loud whirring sound. The travelers watched, dumbfounded, as a red yo-yo with five black spots wound itself around the lollipop and yanked it from her hands. Their gaze traveled up the yo-yo's cable as it retracted, depositing the giant lollipop in the hands of a petite girl in a form-fitting red bodysuit with black spots and a matching domino mask over her eyes. "Chat Noir!" she yelled, tossing the lollipop high into the air.

A black form ghosted overhead; a blonde boy in skintight black leather with a distinctive cat motif snatched the lollipop and dropped to the ground. "CATACLYSM!" he yelled as motes of black energy gathered in his right hand. He touched the lollipop with his black-glowing hand, and it rotted away to nothing. A purple and black butterfly flew out of the crumbling candy dust.

"Tu as assez fait de mal comme ça, petit Akuma," the red-clad girl said as she opened the top of her yo-yo, revealing a glowing white disc of light. She began swinging it back and forth like a pendulum. "Je te libère du mal!"

The glowing yo-yo swept out and caught the dark butterfly in mid-flap; the girl reeled it in with a triumphant cry of "Je t'ai eu!" She opened the top of the yo-yo again, releasing a pure white butterfly which flapped delicately away into the night. "Bye-bye, petit papillon!" the girl said as it departed. She then threw a black-spotted red tuning fork into the air with a shout of:

"MIRACULOUS LADYBUG!"

A swarm of glowing pink and white ladybugs swept across the city. The candy-coated nightmare in the middle of the street turned into a plain, unassuming Japanese office lady in a navy skirt and blazer with short black hair. The ladybug girl and the black cat boy landed in the middle of the street and bumped their fists together. "Bien joué!"

Ron blinked several times. "Oooookay what...just happened?"

"I have no idea, but my spectrometer is going crazy," Twilight said, frowning and adjusting her glasses.

"Uh, superheroes fighting a supervillain, obviously," Sonata said. "Duh!"

Kim frowned as the five girls in sailor-themed outfits and the two teens who had apparently actually defeated the villain began talking over each other, neither side seeming to really be able to make any headway in their conversation. She pinched the bridge of her nose. "Okay, I'm so not great with foreign languages, but I can at least tell one language from another, and what I'm hearing isn't making any sense." She pointed at the red-clad girl and the black-clad boy. "Those two," she said, "are speaking French. The rest of them are speaking Japanese."

Ron frowned. "Yeah okay so...confused now. Are we in France after all? Because I'm still pretty sure that's the Eiffel Tower."

"No, Ron, this is definitely Tokyo," Kim said. "I mean, the signs are in Japanese. Not something you really see in Paris."

"Not...as such, no," Ron admitted.

The superheroes seemed to finally have taken notice of them and turned to face them. Questions and shouts came flying at them from all directions, in French and in Japanese. Twilight recoiled, hiding behind Kim; Ron stood staring stupidly, trying to keep his eyes off the Japanese girls' legs.

Finally, Sonata let out a frustrated groan. "Alright, ENOUGH OF THIS!" She clasped her hands to her chest and began to sing softly.

Aa-aah-aa, aa-aaah...

Everybody froze, watching Sonata sing. A pulsing red glow radiated from her cupped hands; when she stopped singing, she dropped them to her sides, revealing a malformed, incomplete red gem glistening from the choker on her throat.

"What...what was that?" the girl in red asked softly.

"What did you do just now?" the tall girl in the green skirt demanded, a note of warning in her tone.

Ron blinked. "Hey, they're speaking English now!"

"Huh? I'm speaking Japanese, what are you talking about?" the brunette said.

The catboy frowned. "No, you're definitely speaking French, both of you," he said. "Don't you hear it, Ladybug?"

"Well, I hear French, but..." the red-clad girl said slowly, her brow furrowed.

"Amazing," the blue-haired, blue-skirted girl said. A translucent blue visor had appeared across her eyes, and data was flashing rapidly across it. "This girl has cast some sort of universal translation spell. We're all speaking our own language and hearing it as well, but..."

Sonata looked around at everybody and shrugged. "Well, if we're all just shouting at each other in different languages, we'll never get anything done, am I right?"

"Uhh...yeah," Kim said slowly. "Good thinking, Sonata."

"Yeah, but how did you do that?" Ron asked.

Sonata snorted. "Please," she said. "Me and my sisters can't influence people to do our bidding if they can't understand our songs. That translation spell is the most basic element of Siren magic!"

"That...makes sense," Kim said.

"Excuse me," a voice they had not yet heard said. Four of the skirted Japanese girls stepped back respectfully as a fifth stepped forward. While her costume was similar to the others, there were key differences. Her skirt and collar were navy blue; her boots were reddish-pink, and the bows at her chest and back were red, as was the trim on her gloves. Small golden crescent moons adorned the trim at the tops of her boots, as well as the red choker on her throat. A golden brooch sat in the center of the bow on her chest, and round red jewels were pinned into the twin buns her long blond hair was tied up in. Two ankle-length ponytails trailed down her back, and bright blue eyes shone in the neon lights as she gazed intently at the quartet.

"Who are you and where are you from?" she asked. "Two of you look like Americans, but you and you," she pointed at Twilight and Sonata, "I'm not even sure you're human. Then there's the magic spell this girl used. Would you explain, please?"

"While you're at it, explain why you thought it was a good idea to try to get yourself killed!" the girl in the red skirt snapped at Kim. "Do you have any idea what would've happened to you if that candy bomb had exploded? We'd be cleaning you off the street with a mop!"

"That's enough, Sailor Mars," the leader said softly. Sailor Mars frowned, but nodded.

Kim sighed. "Look, I wasn't in any danger, I deal with stuff like that all the time," she said. "But you had no way of knowing that, so...I'm sorry. My name is Kim Possible, this is Ron Stoppable, and yes, we're Americans."

"My name is Twilight Sparkle, I am human, but I'm from another universe," Twilight said.

"I'm Sonata! I'm not human! Except right now, because I have a human body, but I'm a Siren! So yeah. Oh, and I'm from Equestria."

At the collection of confused, wary looks they were receiving, Kim blew on her bangs in exasperation. "The important thing here is we're just passing through and we don't mean any harm. We're searching for something a mystic sage may have left in your world. We need it to save ours." She frowned. "Assuming this isn't our world. I mean, there's a Tokyo and a Paris..." She pulled out her Kimmunicator. "Wade? Wade, can you hear me?"

Static was her answer.

"Guess we're not home yet," Ron said.

"Which is just as well," Kim said with a sigh. "We'd just have to leave again right away."

Shrill beeps filled the air. Everyone looked at the two French heroes, whose eyes were wide. "We gotta bug out," Ladybug said.

Her partner nodded. "Yeah, this cat needs to scat."

"Wait!" the leader of the Japanese group said. "That monster. How did you know what to do? What do you have to do with it?"

Ladybug sighed. "Short version? Our enemy, Le Papillon, is here in Tokyo. He can turn people into supervillains when they experience negative emotions. He's after our Miraculous—my earrings, Chat Noir's ring. If he gets them, the world could be doomed." Her earrings beeped again. "And now I have to go. If there's a place Chat Noir and I can meet up with all of you again...?"

The girls looked at each other and shrugged. "Tokyo Tower will do," their leader said. "If you're new to the city, it's the one place you can't possibly miss."

"Got it," Ladybug said. She nodded to her partner, and they took off in separate directions.

"Okay, now for you four," the leader of the Japanese group said, turning her attention to Kim. "I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself. My name is Sailor Moon."

"I'm Sailor Mercury," the blue-haired girl in the blue uniform said.

"Sailor Jupiter," the green-skirted brunette said.

"Sailor Mars," the raven-haired girl with the red skirt and heels said.

"Sailor Venus," said the last girl, who had long, straight blonde hair topped with a large red bow and wore an orange-skirted uniform.

Ron snickered. "Great, now all we need are Sailor Earth, Saturn, Neptune, Uranus, and Pluto and we're all set!"

"Pluto's not a planet anymore, Ron."

The five girls tensed. "You say you're from another world, but you know about the other Sailor Soldiers?" Sailor Mars asked skeptically.

Ron blinked. "N-no, I was...it was a joke, see, because the planets, and...wait, there really are—?"

"All except Sailor Earth, yes," Sailor Mercury said. "So you were just trying to be funny and not succeeding terribly well?"

"That's Ron for you," Kim said wryly.

The Sailor Soldiers relaxed somewhat. "So, what is it you're looking for?" Sailor Jupiter asked. "Maybe we can help."

Kim pulled the Seven Banana Crystal from her backpack and held it out for the Sailor Soldiers to examine. "We're looking for one of these," she said. "We think we can track them, but it's a pretty tiny crystal and, well..."

"Like finding a haystack in a needle factory," Sailor Venus said, nodding sagely.

"That's 'looking for a needle in a haystack'," Sailor Mercury corrected absently.

"It's definitely here somewhere," Twilight said, turning in a slow circle. Her spectrometer beeped slowly. As she pointed it directly at Sailor Moon, it suddenly lit up brilliantly, all the LEDs strobing wildly. The pink star-shaped light in the center warped and twisted, taking the shape of...

"A rabbit?" Twilight said, frowning. "Don't tell me this thing is busted already..."

Sailor Jupiter laughed. "Ha! No, it works just fine, doesn't it Usagi?" She wrapped an arm around Sailor Moon and winked.

"Jupiter!" Sailor Moon whined.

"Usagi?" Kim asked.

Sailor Moon sighed. "My name," she said. "Which is supposed to be a secret," she hissed to Sailor Jupiter.

Twilight blinked slowly. "Wait," she said. "Say your name again except not in the context of a name."

Sailor Moon frowned at the odd request, but did as asked.

"Rabbit?"

The travelers looked at each other, eyes wide.

"You don't think...?" Ron said, looking from Kim to Twilight.

"Yeah, I think," Kim said, nodding. "We just found the Great Rabbit."

A confused silence followed.

Sonata pulled a carrot out of her bag and offered it to Sailor Moon with a winning smile.

Author's Note:

Yeah, so from here on out it's gonna get a little more crossovery than it already was. Because it's more fun this way. It'll be a "just passing through" kind of thing, though, as Team Possible moves from one world to the next.

What ARE Ladybug and Chat Noir doing in Tokyo anyway...? Maybe we'll find out before the team moves on.

PreviousChapters Next