• Published 8th Nov 2014
  • 727 Views, 5 Comments

EA - Prologue One - Anon Brony



While on a walk, Rainbow Dash meets up with a man who reminds her a lot of a certain shy girl.

  • ...
5
 5
 727

Welcome Party

As Butterscotch started to slowly drift back to consciousness, he heard faint voices. One of them seemed to be a female, southern accent, while another sounded a bit like a posh, British accent. Once his eyes started to flicker open, all he could see were blurry shadows under very bright lights. Once his vision started to clear up, the only thing that was basically in front of him, was a chest, particularly of a female's. It was a light blue T-shirt, and there was a bit of cleavage.

"He's awake!" The bubbly voice called out. Once Butterscotch looked up, he could see that the source of the voice was a girl. By the looks of it, she had pink hair that seemed to curl in all places.

He blushed lightly. He realized that he had been staring at her chest, considering that it was right in front of his face. "You okay, Scotchie? That was a real fall you took." Pinkie stated, looking down at him. She didn't even realize the fact that the shy male was glancing at her own boobs.

"Um...I-I'm fine. L-Luckily I landed on something soft." He said with a bit of relief.

"Not something, someone, ya goof." Another voice chuckled. Butterscotch blinked twice, recognizing the voice. No...it couldn't be. He looked up more to see Rainbow Dash towering over him. Apparently, his head had been resting on her own lap. His eyes widened, as his blush deepened. "How ya doin'?" She asked casually.

"Uh...um...g-good...uh...what's happening, exactly...?" He asked with a bit of hesitation. Rainbow was about to answer, but the bright voice of Pinkie interrupted her.

"Your welcome party, silly!" She giggled. "Since Fluttershy told me about your arrival, I took it upon myself to throw you a small party!"

'Small party? There has to be at least one hundred people here...' Butterscotch blinked twice.

"And, now! Since you're awake, you can enjoy it! The question is...are you ready?!" She asked excitedly, their noses almost touching.

"No."

"Great! Follow me!" She grabbed the boy's hand, and pulled him off Rainbow Dash, before zooming off through the crowd. Part of Rainbow was a bit depressed that Butterscotch's head was off her lap. It couldn't be that she was...enjoying it, could it? Rainbow shook her head. Of course not. She just enjoyed the warmth, is all. As Pinkie pulled Scotch through the crowd, they met up with a few of her friends. One had straight, dark blue hair, which had a purple and pink stripe running through it. Her attire consisted of a purple sweater vest, white undershirt, and light pink short-skirt. "This is Twilight Sparkle!"

"It's very nice to meet you." The female smiled and gave a small nod, before holding her hand out, offering to shake his. Butterscotch just stood there, being a fleshy statue.

"Uh...I-I...I..." He managed to utter.

"Silly! You're supposed to shake! Like this." Pinkie smiled and took both Butterscotch, and Twilight's hands, and connected them together. This managed to get a light blush out of the both of them. After a few moments of staring at eachother, they both shook. Talk about awkward.

"Quite a charming boy, I must say." An elegant voice stated. Butterscotch turned his head to glance at another female. She appeared to be sporting long, purple hair, which seemed to end with quite the amount of curls. Her outfit was a plain white collared shirt, accompanied by a long black skirt, with red high heels. "How do you do? I am Rarity." She bowed her head. Butterscotch just stood there, his sheepish smile never leaving as he offered a small wave.

"Awful shy, ain't he?" A southern voice asked. The last female was taller than the others, about Butterscotch's height. She wore a brown stetson atop her blonde hair, which ended in a pony tail. Along with her flannel shirt, she wore blue jeans, with both the pant-legs rolled up to her thighs. Along with brown, cowboy boots.

"I think it's rather adorable. Be nice, Applejack." Rarity said as she looked up at the farmer.

"Relax, Rares. Ah'm just funnin'. Howdy, there. Ah'm Applejack." She held her gloved hand out to the boy. He was actually willing enough to hold his hand out, as well. But, he was interrupted. "Oh, what am Ah doin'? Come 'ere." Applejack smiled and pulled Butterscotch into a friendly hug. He blinked twice at the gesture, wondering if this was a special greeting from her. He actually didn't mind the contact. He even went as far to bring his hand up, and gently pat the farmer's back.

"And, you know me, personally." Rainbow Dash smirked as she stood beside the taller people, her arms folded.

"Doesn't everybody?" Applejack joked as she released Butterscotch from her grasp.

"Watch it, Blondie." The rainbow haired girl warned, which caused the other to roll her eyes.

"I see you've met everybody, huh?" Fluttershy asked as she stood beside her brother, seeming to be a bit away from the group.

"Mm-hmm. They seem really nice. Well...most of them." He blinked twice as he stared at the bickering Applejack, and Rainbow.

"That's okay. They don't argue all the time." The sister assured with a small smile, seeing the two athletes make up with a handshake.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Butterscotch panted softly as he sat down in one of the empty corner booths. The party had started to settle down a little. Thank goodness. If Butterscotch had to bust one more move, he would have collapsed. He rested his head down on the surface of the table, breathing softly. Then, all of a sudden, he heard a slam on the table. He gasped and brought his head up, before glancing down at the mug of root beer sitting in front of him.

"Need a drink?" A familiar voice asked. Butterscotch looked up to see Rainbow Blitz standing there, holding a mug of his own. He sat down across from the timid male before taking a sip. Not seeming to care if Butterscotch minded.

"Um...thank you." He said before picking up the mug with both hands, and taking a small sip.

"No probs. So, how are you liking your welcome party, so far?" He asked, leaning back in his seat.

"I...I love it. You guys really shouldn't have." He said sheepishly.

"Well, Pinkie was in charge of the whole thing. She must've known you were coming." He shrugged before gulping down more of his beverage.

"Hm." He paused before glancing once more at the crowd. Most of them had left the party, so the room opened up a bit more. He glanced over at the familiar faces he had met earlier, including Rainbow Dash. She had her back leaned against the wall. Her hands were stuffed in her hoodie pockets, and she seemed to be in a secluded area.

"Looks lonely, doesn't she?" Blitz asked before taking another sip of root beer.

"Huh?" Butterscotch blinked twice.

"Dash. All alone in the corner?" He specified.

"Oh. Um...yes, I suppose."

"Well? Arent'cha gonna ask her to dance?" He smirked, which made Butterscotch's eyes widen.

"W-What?"

"You heard me, big boy. Just walk over there, and offer to slow dance with her." He explained. Since there was casual, slow music playing, it made sense.

"Um...I-I don't know...she doesn't look like she would be into it..." He glanced at Dash once more.

"I'll tell you what she's not into. Being alone. At the school dances, nobody asks her. Like, literally. No one. But, hey. It's your choice, Scotch." He shrugged before picking up his empty mug, and carrying it to the back room. Butterscotch took a moment to think about his decision. Was he actually brave enough to attempt it? He often had trouble asking women to dance with him, back in high school. But, the story was a bit sad. After Dash was being so kind to him, it was the least he could do. He took a deep breath before standing up, and making his way over to the tom boy.

"H-Hi..." He greeted, causing Rainbow Dash to look up.

"Oh! Hey, you! What's up?" She smiled, seeming to perk right up when Butterscotch was in front of her.

"Um, n-nothing much...um...w-would you..." He tried to start.

"Hm? Would I what?" She tilted her head.

"Uh..." He gulped. "W-Would you...um...l-like to...dance...?" He asked nervously. Rainbow blinked twice, and paused for a moment.

"Yeah, sure. Let's go." She took the male's hand before pulling him towards the dance floor. Butterscotch blushed deeply, and followed. Part of him was cheering in his mind, though he didn't know why.

Comments ( 3 )

Exellent! Loving it so far :pinkiehappy:

love it :raritystarry:

I don't know why I'm saying this, but it'd be ironic if Scotch liked scotch. He probably doesn't though.

Login or register to comment