• Published 8th Nov 2014
  • 727 Views, 5 Comments

EA - Prologue One - Anon Brony



While on a walk, Rainbow Dash meets up with a man who reminds her a lot of a certain shy girl.

  • ...
5
 5
 727

Brother, eh?

Rainbow stretched her arms as he walked along the park trail. She was currently dressed in a white tanktop, along with a slightly torn blue skirt, and black leather leggings. Her sneakers left marks in the dirt as she walked along, her hands in her back pockets. It had been quite the day for her. Apparently, some idiot messed up the schedule. So, after clearing all the clouds in the area, she had to singlehandedly make new ones.

It was all such a horrible blur. She sighed as she placed her purple headphones on, and listened to her usual walking tunes. She didn't even pay attention to the oncomer that bumped into her. Her eyes widened as her view was currently yellow. She blinked twice before looking up and seeing a tall, pink haired guy looking down at her. His cheeks tinted a light pink. "H-Hi...?" He greeted softly.

Dash squeaked and immediately pulled away from the male's chest, and glared up at him. Her own cheeks a light shade of red. "Hey, why don't you watch where you're going, huh?! You should know to open your eyes when somebody's walking!" She would prod his chest with her index finger. "Who do you think you are, huh?! Some guy who likes to bump into chicks, just so their heads can be buried in your chest?! What do you have to say for yourself?!" She huffed and stared up at him.

"I-I..." He didn't even have time to say anything, as he kept getting interrupted. Once he felt like she was completely done, he gulped and stared down at his feet. "...sorry..." He sniffled softly. Rainbow sighed.

"No, I'm sorry. It's just...been a long day. I didn't mean to take it out on..." She blinked twice as she took a moment to glance closely at the male's appearance. He had light pink hair that reached about halfway down his neck. A long yellow sweater, light blue jeans, and brown sandals. "...you...look familiar, for some reason..." She tilted her head as she folded her arms.

The tall male blinked twice as his sniffling started to cease. "I-I do...?" He wiped his eyes and looked down at the rainbow haired female.

"Yeah..." She nodded slowly. "Do you...happen to know a Fluttershy? About your height? Longer hair? Equally pale skin?" The male blinked twice before nodding his head.

"I do know Fluttershy. She's my sister." This piece of news would cause Rainbow's eyes, and her mouth to open wide. Sister?! So, wait. This guy was supposed to be Fluttershy's brother? That was weird. She couldn't even remember an instance where Fluttershy even mentioned she had a sibling.

~FLASHBACKS~

Twilight, and the girls were walking through the Everfree Forest, trying their best to get to Nightmare Moon's castle in the darkness. "Oh, I wish I had my brother here with me. You know, I don't think I ever mentioned him. His name is Buttersco-" Fluttershy's sentence would be interrupted by Rarity's frightened scream. To which Applejack would roll her eyes.

"It's just mud." She said before letting out a frightened yelp herself.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight was ranting about the wedding that his brother was about to have, and the fact that the news was sent through a letter. "Um...Twilight, are you okay?" Fluttershy asked with concern.

"Sorry...it's just that Shining Armor and I have always been so close. He's my B.B.B.F.F!" The other girls would look at her in confusion. "Big Brother Best Friend Forever?" They would all let out an understanding 'ohhh'.

"I know where you're coming from. I feel the same way about my twin brother, Buttersco-" The song that Twilight started singing would interrupt Fluttershy.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight and the gang had just boarded the train back to Ponyville. It was an eventful day for all of them. "Huh, bummer Spike had to miss out on all this. He woulda' had fun here." Rainbow said while leaning back in her seat.

"I'm sure he's having a great time watching all the critters back at home." Twilight said with confidence.

"Think he's still got a handle on things?" Applejack asked while folding her arms. Twilight would calmly breathe out.

"If he's staying calm and collected, I bet he's doing a terrific job as a leader." She smiled while looking out the window. Fluttershy would let out a soft 'squee' while looking at her phone screen.

"I can't believe it! My brother, Butterscotch is moving into town, and he's transferring to our schoo-" Applejack would let out a 'shh' noise, causing the pink haired female to silence herself.

"You all hear that?" The farmer asked, referring to the small growling noise she had heard in the train car.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Nope. Never heard anything about a brother. Rainbow lifted an eyebrow as she slowly walked in a circle around the nervous male. "Brother, eh? Well, I can certainly see the resemblance. The hair, the hippie clothes, that cute, fearful expression." She said with a smirk, noticing the look of fear on the male's face. There was even a blush on his cheeks from the notion of him being cute. "So, you got a name, Fluttershy's brother?" She placed a hand on her hip while continuing to look up at him.

"Um...B-Butterscotch..." He said softly. He even had the same quiet speech pattern as Fluttershy did. Now, they were definitely twins.

"Alright, 'Butterscotch'. What'cha doin' way out here? Visiting Fluttershy?"

"Y-You could say that. I...I'm going to be staying with her, until I can find a home of my own." He said sheepishly.

"Oh, so you're moving into town, eh?" She asked with a bit of a teasing tone. The male blushed a deeper shade of red as he nodded. "Cool. Hope to see you around, sometime." She gave him a two finger salute before continuing her walk. Suddenly, she felt something gentle holding onto her arm. She looked back to see that Butterscotch had been the one holding her back. She raised a confused brow while blushing only slightly. "Can I...help you...?"

"Um...w-well...I...don't exactly know where Fluttershy's home is...I don't suppose you know the way, do you? I-If it's too much trouble, than I could just-"

"Sure! I'll take you where you need to go. I needed to stretch my wings anyway." She straightened her blue wings, and started flapping them in order to start floating mid air. Butterscotch just stood there, his head tilted downwards. "What's wrong? Don't you have wings?" She tilted her head.

"Um...y-yes...but, I kinda have this suitcase..." He motioned to his light yellow suitcase to his left. You think Rainbow would have noticed this earlier. "Would it be okay if we walked?" Rainbow groaned.

"Eh...fine. But, you owe me, big boy." She poked his chest before winking. Butterscotch's blush returned.

'What is it with this woman? Is she just teasing me, or is she being serious?' Butterscotch thought to himself.

"Yo. You comin'?" Rainbow asked as she started walking.

"Oh, y-yes, coming!" He came out of his thoughts, and started wheeling his suitcase behind her.

"So, what made ya decide to come to town?" Rainbow asked curiously.


"Well, it has been a long time since I've seen my sister. She actually recommended a college that she's going to. I figured I would go ahead, and give it a try."

"She recommended EA? Wow, you've really taken a shot in the dark with this one. EA is like, the most legit school around these parts. You're definitely gonna like it. Which grade are you gonna be in?"

"Well, let's see. I'm nineteen, now. I graduated high school last year, so I would be starting my freshman year, I believe." He shrugged. This seemed to bring a smile to Dash's face.

"Oh, sweet! Looks like you and me are gonna be freshies!" She managed to hook an arm around Butterscotch's neck, and pull him into a little noogie. The shy male would quietly whine at the treatment. Rainbow rolled her eyes and giggled as she released him. "Well, you're gonna have a good time there." She stuffed her hands back in her pocket as she continued walking.

"G-Good to know." Butterscotch rubbed his head as he continued walking behind her. Soon enough, they would both be in front of Fluttershy's cottage, just on the edge of town.

"Well, here's your stop. What do ya think?" Rainbow smiled as she looked back at him from the doorway. Butterscotch was speechless as he stared at the house.

"Wow...it's beautiful. Who would've guessed that my sister would end up in a nice place like this?" He walked up to the doorway, and stood next to Rainbow, who knocked a couple of times.

"Alright, Scotch. This is where my walk ends. I gotta get some sleep. It was good meeting ya." She nudged his arm before starting to walk away.

"W-Wait!" Butterscotch called out. Rainbow blinked twice and turned her head to look back at him. "I...I-I never got your name..." He said sheepishly. Rainbow then realized, she technically hadn't properly introduced herself. Then she realized, it would be a little lame not to make a little game with the male. She smirked.

"Why dont'cha figure it out?" She teased before spreading her wings, and taking to the skies. Leaving Butterscotch all alone at the doorway, until a pajama clad Fluttershy opened the door.

"Butterscotch! Yay!" She cheered softly as she hugged the male from behind. All the while, Butterscotch was still staring in the direction of Rainbow's path. The only question roaring through his mind was, 'Who is that girl?'