• ...
5
 74
 2,015

Beginning Or End?

Chapter 3

Mark: Just meeting Rainbow Dash:

Mother of god… The day has finally come…

Mark could not believe what he was witnessing. What he found laying in front of him defied all that he knew. Lying in his midst was a blue technicolor Pegasus. But this was not just any ordinary Pegasus: this was the legendary Rainbow Dash. She had the rainbow mane and everything; it was all there. Right in front of him was something that could change his whole life.

”This is not possible… Is it? Wait…” Realization was dawning upon him.

”If she is here than where are the others??” Mark started swinging his head around, scrutinizing every single detail of his surroundings in search of a sign left by the others.

Nothing… He cursed his luck under his breath. He was not ready for the next event: Rainbow Dash started to move. Mark heard a small groan and before he knew it, a large pair of beautiful moderate cerise-colored eyes staring at him. The moon was casting a perfect shadow, accenting her whole body as she strained to get up. Mark noticed that one of her wings was damaged. This sent a stabbing pain straight through his heart. He also noticed how beaten up she looked: her mane was all matted and dirty; the half of her body that had been lying against the ground was covered in sand, and she had a few cuts and bruises.

They each just stood there staring at each other. Rainbow occasionally cocked her head to the side, but eventually brought it back up to its normal position. Mark was still attempting to process everything and figure out the best course of action to take.

I wonder what she’s thinking… Probably something flying related. Haha. This brought a slight grin to his face. Rainbow didn’t seem to be phased by his slight chuckle either. Though there was something that Rainbow Dash did do that made him flinch: she started laughing! At first a low giggle, but then just full out laughter!

Why is she laughing?? Is she laughing at me!?

“Oh my gosh! You sir are the strangest looking creature I’ve ever seen!” She said through each burst of laughter. She was currently on the ground laughing off her flank.

Oh great…can this get any worse? Unfortunately, it did. The laughter started to die down and out of nowhere he heard a snore.

Is she asleep!? What do I do now!? This is just perfect… I can’t just leave her here. I guess I can take her to my place… He took off his sweatshirt and kneeled down next to Rainbow Dash. He began to slide his hand under her head.

Good god… her fur is as soft as silk and her mane feels amazing.

He started to wrap his arm under her body as well. He used the sweatshirt to dry her off slightly before finally exerting enough energy to pick her up off the sandy ground.

Wow she’s a lot lighter than I thought she would be. He estimated her weight to only be about seventy-five pounds. After a few moments of staring at her intently, he turned his focus towards heading home.

====================================Canterlot================================

“Wow, Canterlot sure has changed since I last remember,” Twilight said as she arrived. Twilight appeared right in the center of town. She started looking around, noting all the new stores, architecture, and ponies. The old bakery she used to go to as a filly was now a restaurant, the library was redecorated completely, and the old pony’s home was now a law firm.

”I do have to admit, things have changed. I better head to the castle. Maybe I can get an explanation from the princess about what happened in Ponyville.” A shiver went through her body as the thought of being wrong went through her mind. She didn’t feel like teleporting again, so she starting trotting towards the castle. She instead took this time to admire her surroundings and take more notes on what stayed the same and what had changed.

She stopped just outside the castle gates to look up and grace her eyes with the splendor of Celestia’s castle.

”It looks just as massive and beautiful as before. At least that didn’t change.” She started making her way through the castle while greeting guards and several other ponies that were strolling about. She turned a final corner before seeing a large door with two guards outside.

“Salutations, Miss Sparkle. Are you here to see the princess?” The guard on the right asked as she approached them.

“Yes, yes I am. I have some important news from Ponyville that I need to relay to the princess,” she remarked as she came to a stop before reaching them.

“Well I wish you a pleasant visit then, and I hope everything is handled accordingly,” The guard on the left said with a smile.

“Thank you,” she finished. The guards used their magic to open the heavy gilded doors to reveal a large room with a single carpet going straight towards a staircase with Princess Celestia seated at the top. Celestia took notice to her prodigy’s entrance and rolled up the scroll she was reading and placing it to her side. She then propped herself up and started descending the steps. Just before they met, Twilight quickened her pace towards her teacher.

“Twilight, my prized pupil, what brings you to Canterlot?” Celestia questioned.

“Princess Celestia, I have some important news from Ponyville that I wish to speak to you about,” Twilight said after her embrace with the princess.

“Would this have anything to do with the large explosion that happened three months ago?” She said quizzically.

“Actually, as a matter of fact, it does. I was informed after I woke up that after the disruption, I traveled through time and appeared in Ponyville last week. I was also made aware of a situation that has to do with my memory. Doctor Whooves said that the time travel had affected my memory and that I have forgotten quite a bit of things including my initial arrival to Ponyville two years ago. Is this all true?” She said in worried tone.

Celestia began stepping towards her student with a small light gathering at the end of her horn. Just as she touched Twilight’s head, a powerful surge of magic started to flow into her. She could feel it coursing through her body until a final surge struck her skull. An immense amount of images then began to flood into her mind. Her eyes started to glow white and her body rose slightly off the ground. This continued on for another minute before she stopped floating. Then, a final bolt of light emerged from her body and she fell to the ground, with several spots on her that look like they had been scorched. All the previous events were then explainable with her new found memories.

==========================Earth: Rainbow Dash’s perspective=========================

Rainbow Dash woke up to the feeling of hard wood under her. After a few minutes of just laying there, she slowly started to open her eyes. She began to look around the strange room she was now laying in.

”Wow, this looks like Twilight’s house…” She saw bookshelves against almost every wall, not counting the small door and the desk with scrolls and quills sprawled across it, and she saw a staircase leading up to another room. She then propped herself up and started to walk around the room.

”This looks a lot like Twilights!? It’s almost an exact replica! But how did I get back to Ponyville??”
Moments later a lavender mare trotted down the stairs.

“Great, you’re awake!” Twilight said happily.

“Umm… Twi’? How did I get back to Ponyville?” Rainbow said while still being quite flustered on her random appearance.

“Oh we don’t need to go into details; the important thing is that you’re okay. Now let’s go notify the others of your awakening,” Twilight said as she opened the front door.

“If you say so…” Rainbow Dash said being unsatisfied by Twilights answer. After a short walk to Sugar Cube Corner, RD saw her friends gathered in a circle. Twilight trotted to the open spot at the end of the circle and filled in the gap. Rainbow just followed and stopped near the center of the circle.

“Hey everypony, I hope you all were not worried about me, but rest assured, Ponyville’s coolest pony is just fine,” said Rainbow as she looked to her friends for answers, but for some reason, all of them were completely silent. They all had straight faces too; even the always smiling and hopping Pinkie was emotionless. Rainbow started to get worried and turned to Twilight.

“Umm… Twi’? Why is everypony acting all weird? It’s really starting to freak me out.” She just stood there motionless. It seemed like everything was completely lifeless; even the other ponies in the vicinity had stopped moving and were staring at Dash.

Twilight finally spoke after a few minutes of silence. “Oh Rainbow… We miss you Rainbow…” Twilight said very mechanically.

“Yes Rainbow, Why did you leave us? Do you not like us anymore?” The others said in perfect unison.
Rainbow Dash was starting to freak out. She looked around at her friends to see if this was all a joke but they just stood there. The sky was starting to darken as well. She looked down and eventually noticed a circle under her; the same circle from when Twilight cast that spell before. She tried to move but she was frozen in place. Her friends started to gain a little bit of life in them as they started moving and going into a small group, leaving Rainbow Dash still frozen in the center of the circle.

“C’mon girls… Rainbow doesn’t like us no more,” Applejack said while holding a sobbing Fluttershy.
Rainbow Dash tried to scream to them but nothing came out. After her friends walked away a bit they disintegrated into nothingness. The world around Rainbow started to spin as it got darker and darker. The horrible feeling of spiraling to her doom met her stomach again as she looked up towards her disappearing friends. She looked down while sobbing and saw the familiar white light.

Rainbow Dash awoke completely covered in sweat and heaving for air. She flailed her head around trying to shake the lurid dream she just had. She noted a soft object that she was laying on and a blanket over the top of her. She slowly started to look around and take in the surroundings.

”Let’s see… Pictures, more couches, bookshelves, random creature staring intently at me, several doors … WHOA!” Rainbow dash fell off the couch onto a hardwood floor. She grunted on impact and quickly brought a hoof to the back of her head and started rubbing the spot where her skull had connected with the ground. She was instantly reminded of the previous day’s events through a sharp pain returning in her wing. “Ow…” was all she could muster up while grasping her wing.

“Well it seems you’re awake,” the creature said to her.

“Umm… Yeah. Where exactly am I?” She questioned.

“Well you are in my house, and you just hit your head on my floor,” he said with a snicker.

“Ha ha, very funny,” she said very sarcastically.

“Would you like something to eat or drink?” he pondered. This question reminded Rainbow that she hasn’t eaten since before she left Ponyville. Her stomach growling was enough to answer the strange being’s question. He started to get up and head towards one of the doors that she guessed was the kitchen. She propped herself up and followed him.

She thought the weird beings kitchen was quite strange. There were a lot of items and food on the counters. She started to walk over to the counter out of curiosity.

“What’s this?” She said as she touched a button on a strange contraption on the counter. The machine burst to life and started making a loud noise, causing Rainbow to fall to the ground from shock.

“Hey! Be careful with that!” He said while lurching forward and pressing another button on the machine causing it to stop.

“I’m sorry… I was curious…” she said with her ears flopped down and her head low.

“It’s okay. Just don’t touch anything without asking me first…” He trailed off before heading back to preparing the food. She just sat there for a little while inquiring what he was doing. Soon he presented her an apple while he had a bowl filled with some sort of food she was unfamiliar with.

“What’s that?” she asked while pointing to the bowl.

“Oh this is just some ramen.” He said back to her. Another “What’s that?” escaped her lips after a few moments of her thinking if she had heard of it before.

“It’s just warm noodles in flavored water.” He said intently.

“Oooohhhh, that’s cool,” she said with a smile across her muzzle. After he sat at the table to eat his cliché meal, she stood on the other side of the table and started shooting questions at him.

“So what exactly are you? What is this place?” Questions like these started flying at him. He was surprised that she was so open with him and was not sure how to answer or react to this situation. He started to answer her questions with very straightforward answers which seemed to only fuel her to ask for more. After every answer another question popped up; this seemed to go on for hours.

Eventually they were interrupted by a sudden burst of light through the window causing both of them to wince.

“Oh my god! We’ve been up the whole night! I have to go to school!” He said while frantically running through his house attempting to put some different pants and a new shirt on.

“Hey! Can I come with you to school?” RD asked him as he put his backpack on.

“No! It’s weird enough that you even exist, but you coming to school with me!? HA! My entire reputation would be ruined!” He retorted just as he started out the door.

“Fine…” she said as she lowered her head and started heading towards the living room.
After she was out of sight, Mark headed out the door and started his normal route towards school.

“Ha! He thinks I’m going to stay here all day!? I have this whole new world to explore!” She said out loud as she opened the back window. She burst from the window and started flying around, but was not able to do many tricks due to her injured wing. Not too long into the exploration she spotted Mark on the ground walking to school.

”I should totally follow him and see what he does,” she thought to herself as she grabbed a nearby cloud and brought it down and started floating above Mark. He eventually got to school and walked into the building.

Oh great, what do I do now!?

She ultimately came to the decision to wait for everypony to go away and, after they’re all gone, she’d go down and sneak in. She floated down and punched the cloud so it dissipated, walked up the stairs, pushed the door open, and went inside.

Wow. The schools in this world are surprisingly similar to the ones back home. There were long and winding hallways, lockers lining the walls, posters everywhere, and doors leading to enormous classrooms filled with people like Mark. Around an hour later though, the bell rang and people started flooding out from the classrooms.

MOTHER OF CELESTIA!! WHAT! WHO! WHEN! WHERE! She started frantically running around in the attempt to not be noticed. She spotted an open door with some weird sign on it.

”GOTTA HIDE!!" She dashed straight into the open door to find a room filled with strange stalls. She then opened one of the stalls and quickly closed it behind her.

Rainbow just sat there and waited. About 5 minutes later, the sounds from the hall ended. She sighed from relief and plopped herself onto the floor making a loud clacking sound that echoed a lot louder than it should of. She then heard a shuffling coming from the stall next to her. RD heard a “what the hell?” come from the stall as a hand reached out from under the stall wall and touched her hoof. She jumped with a squeal and burst forth from the stall and flew out the door. She soared down the hallway and hid behind a wall. Then, after a couple minutes, she peeked around the corner. Lucky for her, there was nobody around the corner except for the one reason she came here.

“Mark!” She screamed in her head, mainly because of the massive scare from earlier. She tip-hooved out from the corner and started following Mark, hiding behind every other corner so she wasn’t spotted. She was sweating slightly due to her heart pounding from excitement. Her wings flared; ready for the moment she might have to make a quick escape.

Mark rounded a corner after he finished talking to his friends. Rainbow quickly ran to the corner only to be stopped by a cloth covering her mouth. She felt somepony grabbing her waist while applying pressure to the strange smelling clothe over her muzzle. For some odd reason, the world around her started to get darker, until she lost consciousness.

End Chapter 3

A/N: Sorry it took so long! A lot has been going on and I was not able to write as much as I liked. I made the Twilight part so short because I figured since her perspective is approx. 3 months in the future and I wanted to keep you all up to date on what she’s doing, I should tell her side slowly. Also sorry it’s so short compared to the 2nd chapter, I just thought this was a good place to stop and begin the next chapter. I hope you enjoy!

Comments ( 22 )

LE GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP
must
know
what
happens next
keep it up good sir, keep it up

Because teenagers bring chloroform to school every day. Seems sooo legit.

545556 All will be revealed my fine feathered friend :pinkiehappy:

Would've thought I'd realise earlier, but after reading this I re-read the first chapter and saw Mark was never mentioned :facehoof:. Oops.

Suspicions now fall on his anti-brony freak friends. DJ didn't exactly leave a good impression... just guessing, got no clue what's gonna happen.

545556

Wait, you don't?

GOTTA KNOW MOAR AAGGH!

545593 Uh... Ignoring the feather part, I wish to hold you to that. Also, our bargain. I will go straight up Eminem and rap about how I won't tolerate Dashie disrespect off the toppa my head. Now to sound like that ninja brat, Naruto, "Believe it!"

546524
Greatest pickup lines ever:
"Hey, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"

546707 Bitch please, I don't get the girls. I play pokemon. Charm, sleep powder, harden, pound. (There are 2 kinds of pound... hehehehe)

546075 you sir earn a muffin for noticing that :pinkiehappy:

545636 I r best writer! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAPENISHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I love leaving cliffhangers and twists :rainbowlaugh:

546845...you sir..are brilliant
547324 right just thought I'd say that what you've got here is a brilliant story...or it could be, don't get me wrong i like it but a lot of the conversations feel wrong and a few of the descriptions seem well not right i.e "Eventually they were interrupted by a sudden burst of light through the window causing both of them to wince." that is not a sunrise...that is a floodlight. I don't know if you have a pre reader but if you don't please get one cos it will make this good fic into a brilliant one.
P.S i couldn't resist taking this out of context "Rainbow Dash woke up to the feeling of hard wood under her":rainbowlaugh:...i am so childish:applecry:

The story doesn't have the best flow, but it is still awesome anyways.

548095 your concern has been noted and i shall attempt to find a pre reader or 2 just for you :pinkiehappy::ajsmug:

Please dont hurt dashie :fluttercry:

Another done well chapter, THE FATHER OF TIME APPROVES!:pinkiehappy:

GAH!! WRITERS BLOCK! I HAVE IT!

585222 oh no...oh gawd no i was wondering why this fic hadn't updated yet please tell me you're no longer stuck cause i had high hopes about this fic :fluttercry:

773325 o.o holy crap, i completely forgot i was writing this o.o um, i guess i should pick back up on it o.o

I find it funny that she has a black belt and yet can not defend herself, this happens all the time in other stories. Its like a women being a master at Self-defense and yet get knock out by an untrained person.

5612946 dude, look at how long the authors been gone. 73+ weeks. If she isn't back after that long, she's never gonna be back. So yes, this fic is dead.

Login or register to comment