• ...
5
 74
 2,015

What should I do?

Chapter 2

A/N: I will be putting certain part in italics. please note that these parts are Rainbow Dash's thoughts unless otherwise specified, such as it being a situation where RD is not present. I hope you enjoy the chapter!

“Where am I?” Rainbow Dash said with a grievous look on her muzzle. She looked up to the sky to determine what time it was. Good; it’s a little after dawn. This gives me almost the whole day to get my flank out of here.

The estranged place she appeared in was not of recognizable origin to her. She did not know what to do or where to go. For the first time in a long time, she was scared. In her mind, all she could do was play back the recent events and try to make sense of it all.

She paused for a moment to recollect herself and calm down.

Okay, let’s take a second to think about this…Hmm… What was Twilight talking about before we got in that weird circle? Something about a planet and it being inhabitable or something like that…

“What was it!?” she shouted while taking a swing at the immense body of water surrounding her. Unfortunately for her, before she could react, a small wave of water engulfed her and filled her lungs.

She was too busy hacking up the salty, disgusting water to notice the dark figure swimming below her. She started to feel a slight current as if somepony was moving around in the water.

She felt a slight brush against her hind leg; this caused her to recoil from shock. Panic was beginning to set in. Fear of the unknown was one of the worst things in her opinion. She needed to get away from whatever was currently threatening her existence.

It brushed up against her leg again, this time with a little more force. She felt the smoothness of the skin as it rubbed against her wings. It calmed her a bit when she thought that it could just be a few harmless fish swimming around. She held her breath and stuck her head under the water to see what it was that was bothering her. Though she failed to remember that the water was very salty, and not clear like lake or pond water, so she accidently opened her eyes. The searing pain in her eyes brought her back into her panic mode. She held her hooves to her eyes and started to scream.

“Mother of Celestia, my eyes!” she hollered to the sky. Her bloodshot eyes began to water as the salt started to eat at her corneas.

After the pain started to subside, she slowly opened her eyes, still squinting slightly from the burning sensation. The brush-ups stopped for some reason.

My flailing must have scared them off. Her blurred vision began scanning the surrounding waters once again, though she did notice something in the distance: about 200 feet away from her was something protruding from the water. She thought the strange object was going towards her faster and faster.

Nah, it’s probably just my blurry eyes playing tricks on me. She rubbed her eyes with her hooves again to try to clear up her vision. This only helped a little, but enough for her to see that her hypothesis was correct.

It’s coming…

She started to freak out again. She swung around as fast as she could and swam away with all her might. She still had no idea what it was, but she didn’t want to stick around to find out.

She was starting to run low on energy after a while of swimming full speed. She stopped to take a quick breath and take a peek behind her; there was nothing following her anymore. She heaved a sigh of relief, knowing she escaped possible danger.

“I am so awesome!” Dash yelled as she pumped her hoof in the air, but her rants were cut short due to the unexpected. She felt a quick rush of water as something sped past her back hoof. She looked down to see that what she feared was right in front of her: a long grey creature with a slender snout and pitch black eyes, that she felt piercing her soul, was staring directly at her.

“Oh bu-“she was not able to finish her phrase before the gray figure burst forth from the water in front of her. The creature did a quick somersault in the air over Dash as she just watched in awe.

She hated to admit it, but it was beautiful. The pure majesty of the flip, the way the sun glistened off the grey skin; it was just beautiful. She could feel her pain and fear just melting away as this wonderful animal completed the jump and dipped gracefully back into the water.

Rainbow just sat there floating, watching the spot where the strange creature popped back in the water.

How could I run away from something so awesome? This ‘thing’ was not a creature of pure evil threatening to eat her: it was a gentle animal that just wanted to play.

”This animal is…cool,” She thought to herself as the animal swam up next to her and nuzzled her with its snout.

“Have any more cool tricks?” she said to it, expecting a verbal response. It just made a high pitched clicking sound while bobbing its head up and down in the water. “I’ll take that as a yes,” she said to it before grabbing the top fin.

What’s this? As soon as it felt the embrace, it shot forward. Dash was holding on for all she was worth.

“Hey! What…are…you…doing!?” she tried to ask as she was pulled in and out of the water. As the thrill-loving Pegasus she was, she took this as a challenge.

Time to bring out my inner Applejack! Her grip on the top fin got tighter as she worked her way to being on the back of it.

This is so cool! After a few more jumps, the animal dove deeper than any of the other times and then quickly swam straight up. It rocketed out of the water and got some serious hang time.

“YYEEEEHHAAAWWW!!!” she yelled near the climax of the jump. Just after the scream she let out, she let go of the creature and was now falling in mid air. She opened her wings and let the air catch her on her way down. Now she was gliding along the surface of the water, and the animal was jumping in the same direction as her. She occasionally tipped her body so that her wing slightly grazed the top of the water; she loved this. For the first time since she was here, she actually smiled from pure ecstasy.

This went on for several hours and it was around the afternoon when the odd creature stopped. Rainbow Dash noticed this and flew down to see what was wrong.

“What’s wrong, buddy?” she asked her new friend. Just as she finished her comment, a few more heads popped up from the depths of the water.

“Oh, is this your family?” she asked. It responded with clicking noises and a head bob.

“Family…” the word replayed in her head a few times.I have a family… my friends are my family. She cursed at herself under her breath for being so stupid. I totally forgot about them! I need to find them so I can get out of here.

“Sorry! I have to go to my own family now! See ya!” she yelled to it as she started on her way. It did a little flip then swam away in the opposite direction as Dash.



Ponyville: three months after the mishap:



“Are they going to be all right?” Nurse Redheart questioned.

“They should be. I’ve had my own experiences with time travel, so based on what I’ve been told, they should awake soon,” Doctor Whooves responded. They both heard a groan from behind them; Twilight was the first to wake. She awoke with the worst headache she had ever felt.

“Ow, my head,” she said after sitting up slightly and putting her hooves to her sore temples.

“Oh good, you’re awake.” He started trotting over to her, “Good morning, Miss Sparkle. How are you feeling?”

“Well besides the massive headache, I’m fine,” she said while taking a quick scan of the room. She took notice to the unfamiliar room and four strange ponies sitting in beds similar to hers’. “Umm…where am I and who are they?”

“Why, you’re in the Ponyville Hospital of course; and those are your friends. They appeared around the same time you did. After that enormous spell relapse and the time travel, you all were in dire need of medical attention,” he explained.

“They’re my friends? The only friends I remember having are my books; and why am I in Ponyville? I remember going to bed in my room in Canterlot and now I’m here.”

“Oh is that so? Well it seems the time travel had a bigger effect on you than I thought,” he said while trying to hide his worry.

“Time travel, huh? How far back or forward did we go, and what do you mean bigger effect?” she asked.

“About three months into the future; two months and three weeks to be exact, but all of you have been asleep for the past week, and it seems you have a slight case of memory loss,” he proclaimed.

“THREE MONTHS!? I’ve missed a whole three months of my life!?” she blurted out as she began to panic.

“Actually, you were not affected by the passage of time: only everypony else. Time travel is a tricky thing, Miss Sparkle, maybe a little too tricky. It also seems that time is playing its tricks on your memory,” he said with a chuckle.

She heard a few more moans and groans from around her as the other four ponies started to wake up. She immediately started analyzing them to see if they would jog her memory.

Let’s see… one frou-frou unicorn, one ordinary Pegasus, and two earth ponies; one that looks sort of worn like she’s a farmer, and another that…smells like cotton candy? Why does she smell like cotton candy? Was she at a carnival or something?

The strange pink pony was the first to wake up. She instantly sat up with her eyes spinning in opposite directions. With a quick shake of her head, she jumped out of her bed. Out of nowhere she started shaking violently.

Oh dear…

“HEEYYY TWILIGHT!! Thatwassofunweshouldtotallydoitagainsometime, butafterI’mdonewiththesepinkiesenses!” she said while she was exhibiting the very strange behavior.

“Um, why are you shaking so much?” Twilight asked.

She stopped shaking after a few seconds and said, “Well that was about three months worth of Pinkie Senses, so I’m guessing after your little spell thingy, we travelled into the future three months.”

“How did you kno-“she was interrupted by a certain orange earth pony.

“Twi, don’t you know better th’n to ask Pinkie HOW? That pony has done stuff not ev’n Princess Celestia can’t explain.”

“I’m going to have to agree with Applejack; Pinky can do some strange things,” said the white unicorn.

“Umm… Twi? Why are you lookin’ at us like that?” asked the farmer.

“Miss Sparkle is experiencing a slight case of Interdimentional Amnesia. After she cast the spell, the time travelling affected her brain and cut off her memory to a certain degree. This effect should wear off within a few hours, but if it doesn’t by the end of the day, then she is going to need some therapy,” Doctor Whooves said, filling in the rest of the group with the necessary information.

“So what is the extent of the damage, if you don’t mind me asking,” said the shy Pegasus.

“Well,” he began, “she seems to have all her motor functions intact and her vitals are all normal, though she says she doesn’t know who you all are or why she’s in Ponyville. I’m guessing her memory was cut off somewhere between her life in Canterlot and before she moved here.”

“Wow! That’s like two years that she doesn’t remember! Wait… that means she doesn’t remember my parties…” she instantly turned into Pinkamena: hair flattening, gloomy look, and sad, puffy eyes.

Almost as quickly as she turned into Pinkamena, she exploded with a smile: her hair puffing back up, and even more bouncing ensued. “That means she can experience her first super-spectacular-extra fantabulous- Pinkie Party again! I have to go set up! Bye!” she blurted out just before rocketing out of the room, leaving behind a Pinkie-shaped dust cloud.

“Well that was interesting…” Twilight said to nopony in particular.

“That’s Pinkie for ya. Anyways, you said you don’t remember us, right? So I reckon Ah should introduce myself. My name is Applejack, this ‘ere is Rarity-”

“Why Applejack,” she said while interrupting the earth pony, “I’m sure Twilight can remember her best friend. Isn’t that right, Twilight?” she then looked at Twilight with a puppy face that just begged for her to answer “yes”.

Before Twilight could answer, Applejack continued. “As ah was sayin’, this one here is Fluttershy.”

“U-umm... Hello... Do you remember me, Twilight? I mean you don’t have to, I was just wondering,” murmured the shy Pegasus.

“I’m sorry, but I just do not remember all of you. Now if you will excuse me I need to go back to my home in Canterlot where things actually make sense,” she said before a light started to gather at the end of her horn. Before any objections could be made, she was gone.

“Well that’s no good,” said Applejack as she sighed.

“Wait a minute, Where’s Rainbow?!” Pinkie inquired while frantically searching every nook and cranny of the room. She somehow appeared under the bed, inside a potted plant and behind a painting faster than Twilight could teleport.

“Pinkie, why are ya back here? Did ya finish the party preparations already?” questioned Applejack.

“Yep! And it’s going to be the most super-spectacular-most-awesomest-party EVER!” She said very enthusiastically.

“Excuse me, doctor…” Rarity paused.

“Whooves,” he answered.

“Doctor Whooves, was there another Pegasus that appeared with us?” asked Rarity.

“Nope, sorry. Only you five appeared. Also, you all do not seem to be exhibiting the same symptoms as Miss Sparkle, so you’re free to go. But if you find her and she still doesn’t remember anything, she is going to have to come back here.”

“Thank you, Doctor Whooves, for your assistance. Come on girls, we need to find Rainbow and then go remind Twilight who she really is!” Rarity said being quite disgruntled from Twilight not remembering her.

“WOOHOO! PARTY!!” Pinkie shouted, causing a ringing in the ears of the mares in the proximity.


Mark: Morning of the mishap


“MARK!!! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!!” screamed Mark’s mother from downstairs.

“I’M COMING!!” Mark yelled down the stairs, being quite agitated by his mom’s constant verbal abuse.

Mark is a teenager just like any other: he wakes up in the morning and starts getting ready for school. He’s an average student: not good or bad in any of the classes he’s taking. He has an average amount of friends, and he does not discriminate. He hangs out with jocks, cheerleaders, goths, nerds, etc., but there is one group he was not fond of at all: the bronies. He always showed hatred towards them and their ponies, especially in front of his friends. Some might call him a bully for what he does to them, but others understand why he doesn’t like them. Like all haters, he is too afraid to risk his image of being manly.

Mark turned off the show he was watching, and turned off the monitor on his computer with the unimportant background. He got up from his computer chair and started his way down the creaky stairs. After he made his way to the kitchen, he began making a customary bowl of “Nasty-o’s”.

No one really talked in his family. The only time anyone talked was when they were making a complaint, answering somebody else’s question, or answering the phone. His mom was the one to abuse the first part. No wonder dad left… I’m going to do it too if I have to deal with moms constant complaining any longer.

After his silent breakfast, he started packing his school supplies and headed out the door. The school was pretty close, so walking was not a problem. He enjoyed the walks because they helped him clear his head. All the negative thoughts he had to endure when in the presence of his mom were a little too much for him to handle. He instead thought about them. Fifteen minutes later, he was at the front steps of his school. He let out a sigh. Here goes another day in hell…

Class after class went by-as usual-he was not able to stop thinking about thosethings. Lunch time came around, so he headed to the cafeteria.

“Mark!” Mark turned around at hearing his name; it was his friend DJ. DJ was about 5 foot 8 inches tall, built, short brown hair and he had a beard that he shaved every 3 days, so it tends to be a little rough.

“What’s up Mark?” DJ asked with a smirk on his face.

“Oh, nothing much...” Mark said with a straight face.

“Yo, what’s wrong? You gotta cheer up buddy, remember were going to that party tonight!” He said with an enthusiastic smile.

“Oh yeah, the party… gonna be great,” he said getting quite annoyed by his friend.

“I know what will get you in a good frame of mind: how ‘bout when we get to the party, we get us some girls and we have some fun?” DJ said while making an awkward gesture and a stupid face.

“I don’t know if I’m going to make it…” Mark said with a sense of doubt.

“Awww, c’mon man. You have to come! It won’t be a party without my best bud there,” DJ said to Mark in the attempt to cheer him up.

“Oh my… Fine, I might come. You happy now?”

“Yes, yes I am,” DJ said with a chuckle. They both finished purchasing their lunches, and went to sit down at their normal table. There was one thing that they loved about their table: in a clear line of sight there was a table right in front of them. A table filled with bronies.

“Hey Mark, you wanna mess with the bronies again?” DJ said with a grin. Mark responded by tearing a small piece of a nearby paper and placing it in his mouth. He then took the cover off of his straw and with his mouth, made the paper into a small ball. He took aim directly at one of the brony’s head. Just before he shot, he hesitated. He then let out a quick breath and shot the wad of moist paper straight at the head of the brony. Mark could make out the words “…remember: love and tolerate…” from one of the other people sitting at the table.

DJ responded by busting out laughing and punching Mark in the arm in a playful manner. “Dude, that was great! HAHA!” he said as he was slapping the table.

“Yeah… great…” Mark said while trying to put on a smile.

After school, Mark started his walk. He kept walking until it was dark, trying to get what he did at lunch out of his mind. Before he knew it, he was at the beach. He enjoyed walking on the beach about two times as much as his normal walks. Mark sometimes even kicked off his shoes and took his socks off just so he could feel the sand between his toes. He was walking along the beach, and could smell the rain in the air. Hmm… seems a storm just passed. He looked off into the distance and saw small flashes over the ocean.

He walked on for a little longer before noticing something washed up on the beach.

“Well that’s a strange shape. It sorta looks like…A BODY!” He started running over to what he found, but he was not expecting what happened next.

“OH MY GOD!!”

Rainbow Dash: just after leaving the dolphins:

“Family…” She said to herself as she was flying along, doing an occasional flip and spin.

Without realizing it, she zoned out. How am I going to get out of here? Where do I go? What do I do if I can’t find my friends…? These were the kinds of thoughts that were flooding into her mind. She did not have an answer for any of them. Then, there was a flash. What was that!? BOOM!! There it was again. She immediately zoned back in, unknowing that she flew directly into a very bad storm. BOOM!! This one was a little too close, just missing her by a few feet. The rain felt like pieces of glass hitting her fur. She was going as fast as she could, trying to dodge all the flashes of lightning and the…

“WATER SPOUT!!” She screamed at the top of her already straining lungs. Rainbow Dash immediately turned around and tried to fly in the opposite direction.

The wind was too strong.

She got knocked off balance by a quick gust of wind. A lightning bolt then exploded right next to her, grazing her wing. An immense pain pulsed through her body. She could not fly with one wing. As she was falling, she could feel the tip of her left wing burning. All she could do now was fall.

After she hit the water, causing another wave of pain to course through her body, she gasped for air. She could see the water spout coming in her direction. The wind beginning to pick up even more as it got closer. She started to swim, even though she knew she could not outrun the monster that was now chasing her down.

It was almost over her as she felt herself being lifted from the water. She gave up hope knowing that she could not escape. As her body was yanked through the air, she could feel some of her feathers being pulled from her wings.

There was another flash; she blacked out.

Sometime later she awoke to the feeling of sand underneath her. All she could do was lie there. The previous events had completely sapped her energy. After a bit more time passed, she heard something that would immediately fill her with hope.

“OH MY GOD!!”

End chapter 2

A/N: HOOOWEEE I hope you liked it. It took me a lot of thinking to help tie the events together but I feel I have succeeded. Just like the first chapter, please comment and tell me what you think! It doesn’t matter if it’s good or bad! Remember, Love and Tolerate!