• ...
5
 74
 2,014

In the beginning

Chapter 1

A/N: First I would like to say that I am by no means a hater but quite the opposite. I just thought it would be neat to see how a PoE (Pony on Earth) would play out if a hater got a hold of a pony instead of a Brony. Anyways, as said by DJ BRON3, on with the chapter!

“So this is how it all ends…” Rainbow Dash thought to her as the gun was pointed between her sobbing eyes. Her forelegs tied off in opposite directions as her back two were weighted down so much she could not feel their presence. The pure exhaustion from the months of torture disabled her ability to fly. All she could do now was waiting, just a little longer. The metallic sheen of the pistol gleamed into her eye slightly as the single bulb above shone down on her. The menacing look of the dark, almost unrecognizable, figure standing in front of her paralyzed her very being and immediately annihilated all thoughts of a possible way of escape, thoughts of a savior appearing, thoughts of hope… There she was; Hung in midair. She was unable to muster up enough energy to even try to escape. The thought of it all finally ending was…soothing. She could not think of anything else but how good she would feel after this, if there was a place to go after she died. The man standing over her noticed a smile come to her muzzle.

“So you finally accept the fact that no one wants you here. No one will love you. Ever,” He hissed to the rainbow-maned mare. “Well I won’t make you wait for the inevitable.”

The man smirked knowing that he is going to kill the very thing that Bronies everywhere loved so dearly. His warped brain then sent the nerves in his trigger finger the signal to end it. The trigger was then pulled. The bullet sprung into the chamber of the pistol. The hammer swung and smacked the end of the bullet. A spark was thus created. The ignition of the gunpowder began. The expanding heat from the chemical reaction caused the projectile to burst forth from the barrel faster than Dash could ever fly.

This is how it all ends…

Wait? What’s that!? IS THAT-wait. Why am I at this part? Why would I start here? I’m sorry; I should have started at the beginning. Let me first explain why Dashie is here in the first place…

Ponyville: 6 months earlier:

"I’ve done it!!” Twilight ecstatically announced to her assistant. “I have finally discovered the final component of the spell for interplanetary transport! I’ve always dreamed of visiting space after my first time stargazing.”

After her parents took a notice to the little stargazer’s interest in space, they gave her her first telescope, which only fueled her desires. She began mapping the stars and their many constellations, reading all she could on the subject, and even to this day still has dreams of her visit to these planets and discovering a new form of life.

“Life…” she thought of the word constantly. She would have something new to study. She could analyze all their cultures, languages, and technologies that she might of never heard of. The word also plagued her thoughts. What if she found a race of beings that have no sense of morality? No sense of justice? No sense of remorse? What if she found a life form bent on seeking and destroying everything that they didn’t consider ‘normal’?

She pushed the thought out of her head. “What are the odds of that?” She said to herself.
“What are the odds of what?” asked a certain purple scaled dragon as he tuned back in. “Oh it’s nothing, never mind.” she said to her curious counterpart.

“Whatever,” said Spike as he waved a claw in the air and worked his way to the kitchen.

Later that week:

“Everypony here?” Twilight asked her friends.

“Here!” Pinkie blurted out as she was bouncing from her excitement and unlimited reserves of energy.

“Here, darling,” Said Rarity.

“Ah’m here,” Exclaimed Applejack.

“H-here…” Fluttershy said nervously.

“Where’s Rainbow?” Twilight questioned.

“HERE!” screamed Rainbow Dash as she soared in at almost top speed. “Sorry I’m late girls; my nap took a little longer than I thought it would.”

“Well as long as everypony is here I’m fine with it. You’re going to need the energy where were going,” Said Twilight with a smile.

“Where exactly are we going again, dear?” asked Rarity.

“Well based on my research, I found a planet within a short distance of ours that’s inhabitable. The atmosphere is made of a similar makeup as ours, it is covered in green grass and vast oceans, and I casted a spell and detected life!” Twilight announced with a sense of giddiness.

Well Ah’ll be darned. There really is somepony else out there, ain’t there?” proclaimed Applejack.

“Yep, now we just have to go there and meet them! I just hope we’re greeted like I hope…” she whispered. The plaguing thought of the possibility of the race they discover being malicious still in her mind. “Anyways, everypony ready? If so, please gather in the prepared circle.”

They began to collect into a circle covered in strange patterns and markings in which none of them were familiar. Twilight began to conjure up the spell, bringing all her magical energy into one spot at the end of her horn. A light began to appear, growing brighter and brighter. The wind started to pick up. The markings on the circle started to glow; each a different color. The air was now a raging torrent circling around them. The symbols and various lines underneath them slowly started to spin. The light at the end of Twilights horn was now too bright for their eyes to bear. Lightning began to shoot from the horn in all directions. Then a final beam of light flashed. Everything turned silent. Not a thing stirred, though something didn’t feel right.

They weren’t conscious to know it, but the spell malfunctioned. That single beam of light, instead of engulfing the whole group, shot forward and hit the pony directly in front of Twilight: Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash was completely surrounded by white. There was no up or down, left or right. There she floated for what seemed like forever. She did not know what to do. She tried to breath but her expanding lungs were not filled.
“But how am I still alive?” She thought. She tried to speak, but with no air, this is rendered impossible; same with flight, nothing. This strange place she was in: that’s all there was, nothing.

She took notice to something: a small black dot appeared in the distance. She smiled and made a mental squee knowing that she might finally get out of this ‘place’.

After a bit more time passed, the dot, which now took shape of a door, got ever closer. She was now close enough to touch it.

She immediately regretted this decision.

The moment she touched the door, it swung open and a tremendous force began to pull her in. She could feel her body stretching as it yanked her very existence into its dark corridor.

She tried to hold onto the edge of the door, but her attempts were futile. The door closed behind her. Darkness was everywhere. She began to spiral as if she was in a whirlpool. At the bottom was a white light. She felt a strange feeling throughout her body. She looked down at her hooves. They were slowly evaporating off her body. She tried to scream, but nothing came out. She could see the bits of her slowly disintegrating appendages moving towards the center of the hole.

Then it happened again: a flash of light. She felt a rush of air as she was hurled towards the body of water she appeared over. She found herself completely trapped in the water. She was having a tough time registering what just happened. The choking feeling quickly brought her back to reality. She kicked her legs as hard as she could. She worked her way up to the surface while fighting for consciousness.

After breaking the surface, she took a much needed gasp of air. She stopped and tried to figure out what was going on around her. She was surrounded. Water; there was water everywhere. Not a single glimpse of land was in sight; only the strange sun near the horizon casting a range of hues of purple and red.

“Where am I?” she cried.

End Chapter 1

A/N: This is my first time writing fan fiction so I am accepting criticism. Please tell me if I should continue. If you find any grammatical errors please me know. Helpful tips are also appreciated.