• Published 14th Oct 2014
  • 1,446 Views, 11 Comments

Spiked Wheels - Daxn



There is a new schoolcolt in the class of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and he's in a wheelchair.

  • ...
6
 11
 1,446

Sedev Khoyordugaar- Khögjil (Chapter Two)

After a hour and half of more lessons, the recess bell rang in all its glory, deconcentrating the pupils intent in studying the topic of the lesson at hand, awakening the ones that went into trance due to boredom, and interrupting the conversations of some Others that just didn't care.

"Okay then, we will finish this the next time," Cheerlie stated, as she closed down the textbook, and proceeded to get to the blackboard and wipe it clean "for the next time, see the blackboard. Now everpony can go outside..."

As Shy Flames and Diamond Tiara got up from the desks and walked away slowly, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Snip and Archer jumped off their desks, and went to the door towards the yard like a buffalo stampede. Daeva, obviously not wanting to remain in class any longer, tried to join the others with a burst of speed.

"... except Limp Daeva and Silver Spoon." Cheerliee said, likely knowing that Daeva was going to try to pull that off.

"Blast!" The colt exclaimed as he walked back in, not even having put a stop out of the classroom, and, as he returned into the classroom, he closed the door behind him.

Meanwhile, the rest of the class was already in the yard, shattering themselves into the usual groups. One of those groups was, of course, the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"So, what do you think about Daeva so far?" Apple Bloom asked to her two friends as she walked.

"Mmmm... I don't know," Sweetie Belle said, also walking "he seems very rude and mean to me. I mean, I don't think that he needed to answer that way to Shy, nor why he had to be sarcastic when he had to read that paragraph."

"I like him," Scootaloo said, as she went near a bench on the edge of the yard "I mean, he doesn't act like Shy at all, he's way better than that."

Sweetie Belle gasped.

"Scootaloo!" She exclaimed.

"What's the deal? Shy has always been treated with white gloves ever since he joined our class, and that's only because he's in a diaper and cries at everything!" Scootaloo said with a shrug.

"Scootaloo... please... don't start that again," Apple Bloom said while rolling her eyes and sighed "I've had enough with lectures about the topic from Applejack."

"Also, isn't Daeva also disabled?" Sweetie Belle said.

"But... Daeva's disability looks cool! Also, he never cries..."

"That's because you have known him for three hours." Apple Bloom deadpanned.

"Whatever AB," Scootaloo shrugged "my point is, he seems to have a thicker skin and more attitude than Shy Flames."

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle sighed at the unison, before sitting on a nearby bench.

"Okay, fine, you got me," Applebloom said, before murmuring "if that makes you happy, so be it."

Scootaloo glared at Apple Bloom offended, before walking away.

"You know what, I'm gonna stay away for you for a while, so that you might refresh your ideas," then Scootaloo waved at Sweetie Belle "Comeo n, let's go."

"Okay, just let me fix my irony meter first..." Sweeite Belle knocked her right temple with her hoof, causing Scootaloo to walk away with a huff.

"Fine!" She said, as she walked towards another set of benches at the opposite end of the yard. As she did that, Scootaloo noticed that both Silver Spoon and Limp Daeva were exiting from the Schoolhouse and entering in the yard, and the filly immediately ran towards Daeva.

"Need help?" Scootaloo asked to the colt, who was trying to drag his walking assistance down the small stairs.

"No thanks," he said as he rolled down the second-to-last step, with his wheelchair "as you can see, I can make it alone."

Then the colt rolled down from the last step, and finally set hoof and wheel on the wet stone that paved the sidewalk just before the actual schoolyard.

"So, liking my class so far?"Scootaloo asked, attempting to break the ice with her new disabled classmate.

"A bit," he said "the teacher is surely more attentive and stricter, so that's a minus. On the flip side, nobody has tried to insult me yet."

"Yeah, a pretty good thing," Scootaloo said "by your comment, I guess you were made fun of at your old school?"

Daeva groaned a little, as he pulled his wheelchair over to some benches.

"Not, they commented about it but nothing more than that. If you are asking again why I left my old school, my father simply had to move away, and, since my old school was too far away from my new home, my parents sent me here instead. It was only that."

"Oh, okay," Scootaloo said as she sat on the bench, "I thought there was something more to it. Then again, if that were the case, then this school would be the worst possible choice."

"Why?" Daeva said while leaning forward.

"You didn't see nor hear me?" Scootaloo said, pointing at Diamond Tiara, who was talking with Shy Flames and Silver Spoon.

Daeva stared a bit towards the ponies pointed by Scootaloo, before averting his eyes to chuckle.

"Them are your problem? Ah," he said "I bet they would never get into a fight for the fear of getting dirty."

"The problem is; they don't physically beat me and my friends up..." Scootaloo said "... it's that they insult us and try to take away something from us pretty much daily."

"And you can't take them anymore?" Daeva asked, and Scootaloo nodded affirmatively, causing Daeva to let out a chuckle again.

"And that is your problem? You haven't manage to stop two richies and a big baby from annoying you, even if you were in three? I would say I pity you and go along with my business, but I actually feel pity for you now, so I will teach my ways to repel annoying and oppressive ponies and be the one in charge instead.."

Scootaloo recoiled a bit, and looked offended at Daeva.

"Why he said that?" She thought "How dares him to speak about me and my friends that way?"

A little idea hit Scootaloo, making her get back up. "Then again, advice is advice. Maybe I can learn something for me and my friends..."

"Ugh, we aren't weak or anything, we just can't deal with them," Scootaloo said to Daeva "so any help is appreciated."

Daeva inflated his chest a little and gave it a strong beat with his left hoof.

"What you ask will be given to you. First tip for shoo away bullies: show 'hem some power."

"What do you mean?" SCootaloo asked.

"Be a bully yourself. No matter what and how many times your parents and various adults tell you, attack somepony else is a good way to deal with your enemies. After all, bullies pick the weakest, but you can't be very weak, if you are capable of pull out something from somepony."

Scootaloo looked sideways at Daeva.

"I'm not sure, Daeva. That sounds stupid and lame to me." She said with a hint of submissive tone.

"Do you want to break free or not?" He asked.

Scootaloo answered without even thinking.

"Yes!"

"Then follow me, I'm gonna show you how's done."

After Daeva said that, he started to walk towards the swings, which had only one lonely filly occupying one of them. Said filly was hanging her head low, and was not swinging, as much sitting on the swing's plank and dandling in there.

Daeva poked the filly's back.

"Hey, you." He said while the filly scare-jumped high in the air, before land on her flank on the bare sand. After she had got up, the filly asked while trembling a little.

"W-what do you want f-from me?"

"I want your cash," Daeva said with a big smirk, while he started to go in circles around the filly "why? Because I'm older than you, and, ice older ponies can ask for things to the younger ones..."

The filly fearfully reached for a little sack contained under her long mane, took it, opened it, and poured what little was in it, namely, five bits.

"You are good to go now," Daeva said, as he picked up the money "Oh, and don't tell anybody. There may be some issues if you do..."

The filly nodded silently, as she quickly walked away from both Daeva and Scootaloo, and, naturally, the latter was not silent.

"Daeva... mmmm..."

"What's that? You don't want to go on? Feel free to do so. I'm sure that Diamond Tiara would like to keep you as a target."

Once more, Scootaloo breathed deeply and took her courage in both hooves for get over her moral qualms.

"YOu are right. GO ahead with the second step."

"So, the second step..."

Author's Note:

A new chapter! And it's bad! And I am sorry for it!

Comments ( 5 )

Really...really need to go through the chapter. Ton of spelling/grammatical errors. Other then that, fun read. :unsuresweetie:

Well i didnt expect that to happen XD
good chapter story wise, just grammer and spelling that needs some work

Comment posted by ShyTye deleted Oct 29th, 2014

Most wheel spikes are no more than four or 5 inches long and they don't extend any further than your fender, your rock slider, running guard, or your bumper. Wheel spikes are normally, as explained above, made out of weak material that would most likely just break off in an accident.

When Bronwyn Berg found herself being manhandled once again, she decided to add spikes to her wheelchair to prevent a repeatWheel camber increases the folded width of the wheelchair. More stable wheelchairs with long frames are more difficult to transport.

Login or register to comment