• Published 21st Apr 2012
  • 1,464 Views, 21 Comments

Augmentation - Hibishi

  • ...
4
 21
 1,464

Chapter 1

As I walked down the street kicking a can in front me of. The clang of it against the ground was the only noise of the night as I passed a shop. I looked in and saw a black hair man, twenty years of age, who was about 5’ 7” and I smiled at it. Oh, right, I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Lero. I had never been what you would call normal my mother died when I was only five and my father became a drunkard, He passed away last year, Luckily I had a rich aunt who gave me all of her money when she died so it’s just been me myself and $100000 and a strange red and black gem. Life couldn’t be better.

I looked up at the night sky and admired the stars and moon. It was a beautiful night that I had the opportunity to see. I looked ahead of me and realised that the ground had vanished. In fact, everything but the sky was gone. It was only night sky around me. I looked around to see if any sign of life was around but all I found were stars. I then noticed something; a sign of life. I spun around when I heard breathing. I saw floating with me a black cloak which covered the wearer’s body. I could only see glowing eyes under the hood. It looked like it was a hologram, staticy.

“Welcome, Lero.” The floating cloak said to me in a staticy voice.

“What the- who are you?” I asked the hood.

“I am Deity and you will now enter Wake Mode.” With that, the floating cloak
vanished, like a TV shutting off.

I tried to talk but my sight vanished and I lost consciousness.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
I woke up somewhere cold and dark. When my eyes opened, I realised that I was in some kind of dungeon in a castle. The ground was rock hard and there was hardly any light. I stood up and realised I was wearing some interesting clothes. I no longer had sweatpants and now had jeans. My sweat shirt was gone and was replaced with a white vest. I looked around the hall and saw no one there. The door slid a bit so I tried to open it and got it all the way. It made one hell of a creaking noise as I opened it. I got out of the cell and ran down the hallway, hoping to find my way out.

As I ran outside, I noticed that I wasn’t home. Everything was like spring time and I was apparently on a cliff.

“Uhh...” I was about to question the air and wait for an answer when I heard a noise behind me. I turned around and noticed a creature made of stone with bat like wings. I recognised it from TV and comics; it was a Gargoyle.

“Oh crap!!” I made a run for it as the Gargoyle took chase after me. I ran along the cliff, hoping not to fall but of course I jinxed myself and tripped on a rock, falling into a field below. I hit the ground hard on my back, able to see the Gargoyle jump after me. I rolled away to the left, dodging the crash of the stone beast barely.

“You have the gem! Give gem to me!” The Gargoyle said like a retard.

I raised my eyebrow at the large beast who charged at me, slamming his stone fist at my head. I was flung a few feet away, crashing my face onto the grassy ground and sliding a few feet. I was somehow able to stand back on my feet, weakly trying to re-introduce myself to balance. I then turned to face the Gargoyle, who was whipping his head around like a mad bull.

As the rock creature ran toward me, I felt a powerful sting from my chest. I had only one thing in my mind... it told me to punch the charging beast and I did so. I threw my fist at the Gargoyle, hitting its head but the result was unexpected. The gargoyle was shot into the Cliffside wall, creating a large crater in the wall. I slid back after my fist made impact with his face and clutched my chest as the stinging slowly left. I looked at my hand; a red and black aura vanishing around it.

“What... that... was awesome!” I stated, a big excited smile meeting my face. The Gargoyle got back on its feet, grabbing its head. I got into a UFC fighting position and bounced back and forth. The gargoyle ran over to me, swinging its claw at me but I blocked it by lifted my arm. I didn’t seem to feel any pain. My other hand was cloaked in the red and black aura again as I prepared to smash my fist into the Gargoyle’s gut. A little bit after I made contact, the Gargoyle was launched high in the sky. The beast crashed back into the ground hard, make a small tremor. The stinging return for an attack then vanished.

“WOOOOO!” I shouted at the top of my lungs. I just beat a Gargoyle like it was nothing, “FLAWLESS VICTORY! ... Oh wait.” I then remembered he hit me first.

As I cheered in victory, I stopped to realise... I still didn’t know where I was. I decided to walk away from the dungeon I randomly woke up in. I wanted to get as far away from that place as I could. As I walked up a hill, I noticed a small village in the distance.

“A village... Am I in Switzerland?”
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
After about an hour of walking, I collapsed on a stone bridge. I was exhausted and couldn’t go any farther... even though the village was ten feet from me. All I could hear was the water under the bridge and some birds chirping but it was joined by footsteps. I looked up expecting to see two people but saw four yellow legs, or more like hooves. I looked up at the owner of the legs and saw a pony with a pink mane.

The pony shook in fear obviously, “... Wh-who are you?”

“Whoa!” I jumped at the pony talking to me, which was the wrong move. The pony squealed in fear and ran off. I watched it leave with confusion. I used the stone railing to get back on my feet and walked toward the town. As I stumbled into the town, I realised it was deserted outside. Nobody was walking around outside, which was a little odd for a village. I then heard the sound of talking; two female voices, one young and the other older. I kept along the side of a building and looked around the corner. No one was there.

As I turned around, I found out I was looking the wrong way. Behind me were two ponies, one a purple unicorn and the other some kind of a tall white pegasus unicorn hybrid. The Pegacorn pointed its horn at me.

“You are in possession of the Chaos Gem. Hand it over now.” It demanded with the older female voice.

“The What?!” I asked in pure confusion. I fell onto my behind as I lost my footing on the fact that I was looking at talking ponies. I then felt the stinging sensation return to my chest. I clutched at it but instead of skin, I felt some kind of glassy surface. I opened vest and saw the red gem and black gem my grandmother had given me inside it in my chest “What the hell?”

“Princess! Is that the Chaos Gem?!” the unicorn asked in amazement, walking over for a closer look.

“Twilight, stay away from it. It could be hostile toward ponies.” The Princess said.

“H-Hey, I am not hostile!” I stated in protest, standing back on my feet, “And I am not an ‘IT’ I am a He or a Him. Now, explain this Gem, why the hell is it wedged in my chest!?”

The Princess walked toward me and looked at it, “Yes... why is it in your chest? The Chaos Gem is a jewel filled with the destructive power of a god. How did you become in possession of it?”

“I have no idea, I just woke up in a dungeon in that cliff over there,” I pointed toward the direction of the dungeon, “And then I was attacked by a Gargoyle and I was able to beat it up then I walked here!”
“Princess?” The unicorn walked over to the Princess, “Maybe he isn’t hostile. He looks nice enough.”

I smiled at the compliment and looked at the Princess. She was thinking over whether to trust the unicorn, “... Alright Twilight. I ask that you take him to your library and explain things. Just until I get back.”

The unicorn nodded as the Princess walked away, “Now... first of all, I’m Twilight Sparkle.”

“Lero.” I stated, kneeling down so I was just lower than eye to eye with Twilight, “Do all ponies talk here?”

“Well, yeah.” Twilight answered with a smile, “Anyway, lets go.”

I nodded and smiled with confusion... where was I?
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
Twilight led me into a small village of about twenty buildings, all of them different colors and different shapes. I walked with her into the street, where I noticed a few ponies walking around. One of the many ponies looked over at me and ran off screaming “THE HORROR THE HORROR!”. The other ponies followed her example in the screaming and running. I looked at the screaming a little hurt.

“... Why are they running from me?” I asked Twilight, “I didn’t grow devil wings, did I?”

Twilight made a nervous laugh, “No, they're just not used to seeing... you.”

“Right... Now this Library is where?” I asked the unicorn.

Twilight moved her head in a gesture that said right ahead, though it was a tree. I looked a little confused but then realised it was a treeHOUSE. I made a sound that told her I got the idea now. I walked inside and saw the large collection of books along the shelves. It was actually cozy looking inside.

“Hmm... neat.” was all I could say about the house. As I went to sit on a cushion I found, I noticed something walk into the room, “Twilight? What was with that screaming outside?”

“Hi, I’m Lero.”

“MONSTER!” The little green lizard thing shot fire at me i ducked but some of it still hit my hair giving me that metal gear solid snake look.

“Spike, stop! That is not a monster that is our guest.”

“Sorry, Twilight, I just thought.”

“It’s ok, I would have done the same thing. Now, can i have something to put my hair out?” I asked as I patted my smoking hair.

Twilight giggled and left the room to get something for my hair. I sat on the cushion and waited as Spike walked over to me, “Yeah, sorry. I’m Spike!”

I chuckled at the little dragon, “Lero.”

Twilight then walked into the room with a wet cloth and put it on the burn spot of my hair, “Just leave it there for a little bit.”

“Thanks, Twilight.” I said to the unicorn with a smile, “Now, you’re supposed to explain things about this place or something?”

“Right. Well, you are in a land called Equestira. There are three dominant species in this country; Unicorns, Pegasi, and Earth Ponies. Unicorns can do magic, Pegasi can fly, and Earth Ponies are stronger than either of the others. Then there are Alicorns they are all three species in one they can do magic like a unicorn, fly like a Pegasi and are strong like an Earth Pony but there are only two Alicorns, Princess Celestia, goddess of the sun and Princess Luna, goddess of the moon. Are you still with me?”

“Well you lost me a bit but i get the gist of the explanation go on.”

“Well, besides the Princesses, there are also magic gems six of which are the most powerful, the Elements of Harmony. There are Magic, Laughter, Honesty, Loyalty, Generosity, and Kindness. There are lesser gems that do other things to like the one wedged in your chest.”

“Lesser?” I questioned, “The Princess said destructive power of a god, I don’t find that LESSER than kindness or laughter.”

“Separately, they are weaker but when used together they the most powerful force in the world. Now first things first we need to find out what type of chaos gem that is.”

“How are we going to do that?” I asked, almost bored.

“There’s a book for that.” Twilight walked over to a bookshelf and used her magic to pull down a large book. The cover read ‘Magic Gems and Their Uses.’

Twilight opened the book and skimmed through until she got to a section called ‘Chaos Gems’, “Ok... Let’s see... Red gem... black smoke... A ha! Augmentation Gems!”

“Augo what?” I asked stupidly.

“Augmentation Gem. It says here that they are Chaos Gems meant to enhance the holder’s many strengths. These include their Senses, Strength, and Speed.”

“Well, that’s pretty awesome!” I stated with a big smile.

“But there is a side effect. Each time the gem is used, some of the holders life force is drained away.”

“What does that mean?” I asked, knowing this wouldn’t be good.

Twilight sighed, “It means part of your life. Use it too much and it’ll basically kill you. But don't worry your life force will replenish as long as you aren't using it”

I sighed in relief, “Thank god. This gem is too awesome to kill me! Anyway, how did I get here?”

“That’s what I wanted to ask you.” I looked at the doorway and saw the Princess just walking inside, “But If you don’t know, then we are at a major problem. Lero, what happened when you were brought here?”

“Well, I was walking in the park when the ground vanished and then this cloaked-”

Before I could finish, everything froze around me. It was like the world was put on pause except me. The Princess and Twilight looked like they were holograms, all staticy... just like that cloaked man.

“Now, no telling others about me.” A familiar voice said from behind me. I turned around and saw the floating cloak again, “I am not to be mentioned to any one or I will shut off your Wake Mode.”

I stood up and faced the floating cloak, “What are you talking about? What happened to the Princess and Twilight?”

“That does not matter. I will warn you this once; no mentioning me to any one or I will shut off your Wake Mode.” Deity told me, the gleam in his eyes meaning he wasn’t joking.

“What does that do?” I questioned.

“If I shut off Wake Mode, I will be shutting off your life. It will put you in coma”

“... Fine... I won’t say anything about you.” I agreed, though I didn't want to. Deity nodded and vanished like black paint in water. Everything then continued moving again.

“That is an interesting story, Lero.” The Princess said, “It doesn’t help with the explanation on how you got here, though. In that I mean ‘who’ got you here.”

“Yeah...” I said disappointed.

“Now, Lero, I will have some of my wisest unicorns try to find you a way home but in the meantime, you’ll need somewhere to stay.”

“He can stay here, if he wants.” Twilight stated.

“Alright, Twilight. Lero, you will stay with Twilight Sparkle for the mean time.” The Princess told me.

“Ok, I’m cool with that.”

“Twilight, I am going to head back to castle. Have Lero met your friends.”

Twilight nodded as the princess left the library. She turned to look at me, trying to figure out what to do with me. I just sat back on the cushion and waited with a smile. Spike was sitting on the stairs, listening to the whole conversation.

“So, Twilight... got anything to eat?”

Comments ( 18 )

first
Plz constructive criticism only we don't want to see people say it sucked and not give us a reason why

Forth!
Haha, but i digress.... To be quite honest you lost me within a few paragraphs. You spent too much time just stating random facts about your character rather than describing what was happening. When the action did start however, yeah it's another "I've magically made it to Equestria!" story

I'll read a littler farther in to see if it gets interesting but for now i dare day it's not. Sorry :twilightsheepish:

Deity is a dickhead.

Lero Is a combat badass.

Pony ville is extremely racist and judging.

seventh and this seems familiar, but I am a sucker for HiE.

*Sigh* Yet another Self Insert:facehoof:

478310 SELF insert?! Excuse me?

478806

"My name is Lero and I am a human in Equestria"

478848
"My name is Lero and I am a human in Equestria" :facehoof:

478856 I heard you but how is that self insert?

478860
Is your name Lero?

478876 No... Its Jared. Im taller then Lero, have brown hair not black and Im not rich... :unsuresweetie:

478884
Fortunatly for me i haz teh monees

Very good, please continue.:moustache:

477848 If your referring to me i did not dislike this because of this, I merely thought "Hey, maybe some criticism given can help this person improve their story"

Overall it's just not a type story I'm a fan of, if you like this kind of story knock yourself out.

479240 i appreciated your criticism and Hibishi will do better in the future

479483 Glad to be of help. I'll be sure to stop by and read more; ya never know what an author can pull outta his or her bag of tricks after all. :pinkiesmile:

Login or register to comment