• Published 31st Aug 2014
  • 407 Views, 2 Comments

Melodious Midnight's Moonlight Sonata - JoBrony



The regular life of a unicorn with an impeccable talent for music and art.

  • ...
 2
 407

The Hospital

Jazzy woke up to the steady beep of a heart monitor and a pony he'd never seen before. She had a light gray or white coat, a pink mane, and light blue eyes.

She was talking to another pony which she couldn't see. She was saying something about somepony hitting his head and how they had to get him under care immediately, or something like that. Her voice sounded weird. It was echoing. All the sounds he was hearing had the same effect and seemed to be getting distant...quieter..and soon he cared less about what he was seeing.

Then everything was black again.

Nurse Redheart walked out of the room, almost bumping into an anxious Melodious.

“I've figured out what happened, Miss Midnight. He was stressed out, due to his performance, and it triggered an asthma attack. When he collapsed, he hit his head pretty hard, leaving him in a short comatose state. He should be up in about three days, or so we believe, according to previous patients with the same issue.” Nurse Redheart stated, much to Melodious's relief.

“Oh, thank Celestia!”

Meanwhile:

Princess Celestia's ears perked. She rolled her eyes in annoyance.

Back at the hospital:

“You can visit him if you wish, but be careful.”

“Ok, Nurse Redheart.”

Melodious walked in, and what she saw was a nearly unharmed Jazzy. He wasn't bruised at all, except for one terrible spot on his forehead that was the angriest shade of purplish-black that a bruise could be. The purple unicorn's head hurt just looking at it. She slowly walked to Jazzy's bed and kissed him on the snout before turning and leaving.

When she got home, she cooked supper as she usually did, bathed like she usually did, and went to bed as she usually did. The one thought in her head is 'He'll be fine! No worries.'


“You shouldn't have her. She's too perfect- look at her! She works for the Royal Sisters for god's sake! You...You're just a lowly nopony that can barely pay your rent each month. By some miracle you got her to date you. Do you really think she'll fall in love with you?”

“You're wrong, she does love me! Do you see the way she looks at me? How she talks to me?”

“That look is out of pity. Why did think she got you that saxophone? OUT OF PITY!!”

“NO!”

– A few days later –

Melodious was bored out of her mind as she was waiting there in the hospital. She wanted to see Jazzy again.

She was about to doze off when she heard hooves clopping on the linoleum floor. The unicorn was up in a flash.

“Miss Midnight? He's woken up.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment