• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 4,243 Views, 167 Comments

A Little Girls Love - darkmage1997



Princess Cadence and Shining Armor find an abandoned scared little human girl while on their way back from an evening out.

  • ...
8
 167
 4,243

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 14: Unrest among the Crystal Nobility

Waking up was usually a chore for many, and Mavis was no exception. She pulled the sheets over her head, not wanting to get up, as she was too comfortable to move. However, her Pokémon were early risers, and knew Mavis needed to wake up, "C'mon Mavis, time to get up," Swablu said, tickling her ear.

"Non!" Mavis childishly refused. Her Pokémon chuckled at this behavior. Furfrou then pulled the sheets down, and off of her, "Ok, I'm up," Mavis said with a yawn.

"I've taken the liberty of picking out your outfit for today," Altaria said, as she placed Mavis' outfit on her bed. The outfit consisted of a dark green tank top and beige shorts. Mavis took her clothes, and went behind her changing screen, where she promptly change out of her PJs.

"Now that you're properly dressed, se should see about getting you some food," Togepi suggested. Thanks to the medicine that Raiden provided, Mavis has now been able to eat a little more food than when she first arrived. However, even with this new immunity the medicine provided, Mavis still tried to limit her food intake as much as she could.

"Oui," Mavis replied, as Shuppet opened the door, while Swablu perched himself on top of Mavis' head, and Mavis herself picked up Togepi. They then left the bedroom, and went to the dining room. Along the way, the met up with Nathan.

"Mornin' Mavis," Nathan greeted.

"Bonjour Nathan," Mavis greeted back.

"Ah take it you just got up?" Nathan asked.

"Oui, though I wanted to sleep a little more," Mavis admitted.

"Ah know that feelin'," Nathan said, as they walked together, "Say, Mavis, Ah hope Ah'm not being rude, but when you're legs turn into a fish tail, do you still feel them?" the Southern Boy asked. Mavis looked rather surprised by the sudden question.

"Oui. I do still feel them, but they feel like they're wrapped up tightly together," Mavis replied.

"Ah see. There's a lot more Ah want ta ask ya, but it may be more practical if we had our other friends in Ponyville and Canterlot here. Ah'm sure they'd want to here more 'bout mermaids," Nathan said.

"I guess they would be curious of my kind's lifestyle," Mavis commented, as they reached the dining room. There, they saw their parents, looking rather perplexed.

"Mommy, Daddy, somethin' wrong?" Nathan asked.

"Well, the chef just took off on his scheduled holiday, as are his fellow chefs. And to top of that, we're out of baby food for Guard and Skyla," Cadence replied.

"So, we're contemplating on what we should do for breakfast," Shining Armor added, as Skyla and Guard were fussing a little bit.

"Ah know! Why don't we hit up a restraunt? At least that way, Mavis can get to know a little more of the Empire," Nathan suggested. Both parents thought about it. It would be a good idea for Mavis to get to know the Empire if they ate out.

"That's.... actually not a bad idea. There's a new café that recently opened up that I really want to try," Cadence replied.

"Wait, isn't that on the really snooty, ritzy side of the Empire?" Nathan questioned.

"Yes, but you forget," Cadence said, pointing to her crown.

"Oh, right," Nathan commented.

"What do you say, Mavis? Want to go eat out this morning?" Shining Armor asked.

"Oui," Mavis replied.

"Alright kids, you go freshen up, then we'll head out," Cadence instructed. The two kids headed back to their bedrooms, and freshened up. Mavis recalled her Pokémon, save for Togepi and Swablu, and put the other Pokeballs in her satchel. Nathan met up with her outside of her room, and they went to the foyer, where their parents and the two babies were waiting. With that, they took off.


Meanwhile, at the café the family was en route to,

"I am Pierre Soufflé, and this is the CAFE SNOOT-AY, the snootiest restraunt in all of the Crystal Empire!" a Crystal Earth Pony said, as he waltzed passed his employees. The inside of his restraunt was much akin to a marble palace, mixed with a French café, "We are so snooty, we don't even let Prench Ponies in!" Pierre boasted, "Now, up on your hoofsies and up with your noses, we have some snooting to do!" he declared, as the employees went about their tasks. Just then, some of the Crystal Empire nobility entered. They looked like they would fit in with a restraunt like this.

"Table for four, peon," the leader stated to Pierre.

"Oh, right away, sir!" Pierre said, as he led them to their table, "What can I get for such important members of society, such as yourselves?" he offered.

"Four cups of coffee, all around," the leader stated.

"Right away!" Pierre said, as he ducked into the kitchen. Just then, the Crystal Family entered the restraunt. The Nobility took notice of them, but more so to Nathan and Mavis with disgust, especially at the sight of Mavis' arm.

"Doesn't look to busy," Shining Armor commented.

"We should get seated fairly quickly," Cadence added.

"Ah, Princess, so good of you to grace us with your presence! How many are eating? Six?" the host asked, bowing.

"That's right. And could we maybe have a booth?" Cadence asked.

"Right away!" the host said, as he led them to a booth. He then provided them with some menus, "Can we start you off with something to drink?" he asked.

"I'll just have some coffee," Cadence replied.

"Same here," Shining Armor added.

"And the young ones?" the host asked.

"Ah'll have some milk," Nathan replied.

"I would like some orange juice," Mavis added.

"Right away," the host said, as he ducked into the kitchen. The nobility wasted no time in approaching the family.

"Ah, Princess Cadence, it's not often we get to see you in public like this," the leader said.

"Well, we thought we'd eat out this morning," Cadence replied.

"Hmm, that's nice. Now, I have to ask, is this young girl your new child?" he asked, leering at Mavis, who cowered slightly under the harsh glare.

"Why yes! This is Mavis. She's new to Equestria, so we're taking her out to help her get more used to the empire," Cadence replied.

"Ah, as is proper, with any new princess," one of the other nobles commented.

"Actually, Mavis is technically under our care now, but she chose to renounce her royal title," Cadence stated nonchalantly. This didn't sit well with the nobility.

"Princess, you said you adopted her, yes?" another noble asked.

"That's what I said," Cadence replied.

"Then that means she HAS to be a princess. Otherwise, she's just a freeloader, leeching off of your royal status to make herself feel more important," the fourth noble stated. Mavis began questioning if getting adopted was a good idea after all.

"Now, now. Mavis is free to rule her life the way SHE wants. If she wishes not to be a princess, then that is her choice. No one can force her to be something she doesn't want to be," Cadence defended, not liking the tone that the nobles were giving off.

"If she were a commoner, then yes, but as she was adopted by you, she must be royalty. That's the way it works," the leader stated.

"But even then, we don't think she should be adopted by you. She has that ghastly arm," the second noble said. Cadence decided enough was enough.

"Let me make this perfectly clear," Cadence said in an authoritarian tone, as she stood up, "Mavis has chosen her way of living, and no one can force her to be a princess, not even royalty. Now then, I will ask this only once: Leave my family be, or face the consequences of your actions," Cadence stated, her tone indicating her decision was final.

"You're making a BIG mistake Princess," the leader said, as they went back to their table.

"Sorry about that Mavis. The Nobles of the Crystal Empire are just as bad as the ones in Canterlot. I hope they didn't make you feel uncomfortable, precious," Cadence said to Mavis.

"N-non, b-but, maybe.... I should take up the title after all," Mavis said quietly.

"No Mavis. As we've told you, you are free to choose how you live your life. No one can dictate it for you," Cadence reassured.

"Well, ok. I'd hate to think if they found out about my other secret," Mavis commented.

"Don't worry. No one outside of this family and our friends in Ponyville and Canterlot know about your watery secret," Shining Armor reassured, as the waiter came back with their drinks.

"Are you ready to order, or do you need more time?" the waiter asked.

"Um.... no, I think we're ready. I'll have some Prench Toast," Cadence replied.

"I'll have some eggs with hay bacon," Shining Armor added.

"Ah'd like some pancakes," Nathan stated.

"Ok. What about the young one there?" the waiter asked.

"Could I maybe just get pancakes, si vous plait?" Mavis asked.

"At once," the waiter said, retreating back into the kitchen.

"So, what were the oceans like where you come from?" Shining Armor asked Mavis.

"Well, they were perfectly clean and blue. It's all thanks to the Queen Mermaid," Mavis replied.

"'The Queen Mermaid'?" Cadence asked.

"She is the goddess of all mermaids, who watches over the oceans and it's inhabitants. She is very powerful, and very big," Mavis replied.

"How big are we talkin'?" Nathan asked.

"About as big as the palace," Mavis replied.

"That is big!" Cadence commented in surprise.

"Oui. The oceans are a natural beauty, even though I only swam around the shoreline near my hometown. Or at least it would be, if not for *gulp* the pirates," Mavis squeaked out. Nathan knew immediately where this was going, and signaled his parents to drop the topic. If by some miracle, the waiter came back with their food.

"If there is anything else you need Princess, just let me know," the waiter said, as he walked away.

"Ya want some syrup on your pancakes?" Nathan asked Mavis.

"Oui, but only a little bit," Mavis replied. Nathan then poured some on her pancakes, "Ok, that will do," Mavis said, stopping Nathan. The Texas boy then pour some syrup on his pancakes too, as they all ate their breakfast. It took about 15 minutes for them to finish up, as the waiter came back with the bill. Shining Armor then placed the right amount of bits on the table, along with a few extra for tip.

"Ok guys, ready to head out now?" Cadence asked, as they all stood up, "Ok then, why don't we go do some shopping today? It is still our day off," she suggested.

"Sure," Nathan shrugged. Mavis nodded behind him.

"Alright then. Let's get going," Cadence suggested, as they left.

"Please come again soon, Princess," the host said, as they left. However, from the shadows, a cloaked figure was watching the Crystal Family, his attention focused mainly on Mavis.

"Hmm, that one will do nicely," the shadowy figure commented, as he followed them in the form of a shadow.

PreviousChapters Next