• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 4,242 Views, 167 Comments

A Little Girls Love - darkmage1997



Princess Cadence and Shining Armor find an abandoned scared little human girl while on their way back from an evening out.

  • ...
8
 167
 4,242

PreviousChapters Next
Original Plot Chapter 2

Dawn had broken over the rural town of Ponyville. And within the castle of Twilight, the very Princess was waking up to a bright, sunny day. "Looks like today is going to be a good day," she said, as she exited her chambers, and made her way to collect the morning paper. She was nearing the main doors of the castle, when it suddenly burst open, and she was tackled to the ground by a pair of familiar ponies, "PINKIE! RAINBOW!" Twilight yelled, annoyed at getting tackled first thing in the morning.

"Twilight, have you read the paper?! There's something big that happened in Manehatten last night! And it's really big! Even bigger than somepony new moving into town!" Pinkie said in less than a minute.

"What is it?" Twilight asked, as Rainbow Dash gave her a copy of the newspaper. Taking a look at it, Twilight was drawn towards the headline.

Ghostly Carriage Appears in Manehatten. An eerie Ape Creature Was Seen in the Window

Twilight continued to read the article. She had remembered seeing contraptions called "buses" in the human world when she went through the mirror. What she was wondering was how a bus got to Equestria in the first place, let alone a human? It was then that their other friends arrived, "Ah'm guessin' y'all saw the paper?" Applejack asked.

"We did," Twilight said.

"You said that these carriages were called 'buses', right Twilight?" Rarity asked.

"I did. But how in Equestria did a bus get to Equestria, and with a human, no less?" Twilight wondered. Spike then came in with a scroll.

"Twilight, we got a scroll from Celestia! She said that Cadence and Shining Armor are on their way to Canterlot with a human child!" Spike said, as he handed the scroll to Twilight.

My fellow Princess, Twilight Sparkle,

I'm sure you've read today's paper. If not, reports of one of those 'bus' things you told us about since your trip through the mirror have been coming in throughout ALL of Equestria. If that weren't enough, those same reports say it may be a ghostly apparition. I would like for you and your friends to investigate this matter further. But before you do so, I would like for you and your friends to come to Canterlot to meet a special guest that Princess Cadence and Shining Armor met last night. A human child by the name of Mavis.

Your Fellow Princess, Celestia.

Twilight reread the letter to make sure she didn't miss anything, "So, what does the princess want?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Apparently, that ghostly bus has reported sightings coming in from all over Equestria. Celestia wants us to investigate the matter," Twilight explained.

"Uh.... maybe I should sit this one out," Fluttershy whispered, but went unheard by her friends.

"But before we do go investigate the ghost sightings, we've been called to Canterlot. Cadence and Shining Armor are coming to introduce a human girl they found last night. She goes by the name of 'Mavis'," Twilight explained.

"Aw yeah! I've been curious about those human things ever since you went through that mirror," Rainbow Dash commented.

"I can throw a big 'Welcome to Equestria' PARTY!" Pinkie exclaimed, firing off her Party Cannon.

"Now hold on girls. Being in a new world can be nerve wracking for somepony. Even I was unsure of what to make of myself in human form, much less being in a new world," Twilight said.

"Twilight does raise a good point. We don't know if this little filly is going to open up to us," Applejack pointed out.

"So we should probably hold off on a party and things like that until she's comfortable with living in Equestria," Twilight said, as they all set out for the train station.


In the Crystal Empire,

Cadence and Shining Armor had just woken up, feeling refreshed and full of energy, "Ok Shiny, we'll head out for Canterlot just as soon as we have breakfast and pack our bags," Cadence said, as they exited their bedroom, "You go on ahead. I'll see if Mavis is up," she urged. Shining Armor then went on to the dining hall, while Cadence went to check on their guest, "Mavis? Are you up? It's morning," Cadence cooed, peering in. Her happy demeanor was quickly changed to that of concern, when she saw Mavis, sitting up in bed, looking like she didn't even sleep last night.

"Mustn't sleep...… can't let the demon get me," Cadence could hear Mavis whimper.

"Mavis? Are you alright?" Cadence asked, coming over to the girl's side. Mavis jumped, and fell off bed at being startled, "Oh my goodness, I am so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" Cadence said, rushing to the child's side once more. Mavis flinched as Cadence came near her. Mavis immediately got on her hands and knees, in an apologetic manner.

"P-P-P-P-P-Princess C-C-Cadence. I-I-I-I'm sorry for not c-c-c-coming when you c-called for me!" Mavis apologized, unwillingly to look Cadence in the eyes. Cadence's heart ached, seeing someone so young fearing for their life in her presence.

"Mavis, you don't need to be so scared. I was only coming in to see if you were awake, and wanting breakfast," Cadence reassured.

"O-O-O-Ok. If you w-want me to come down, then I-I-I-I must," Mavis replied, sounding out of breath, still refusing to raise her head.

"I'm only offering it to you. You're free to deny. I won't get mad," Cadence quickly reassured. Mavis only slightly raised her head.

"O-Ok," Mavis replied, a hint of reluctance in her voice, as she stood up, clutching her raggedy teddy bear.

"Ok then. Now then, let's go get some food in you," Cadence said, leading Mavis out of the bedroom, "Is there anything in particular that you want? We can make you some more toast if you want?" she offered. She got a timid nod as a response. Once in the dining hall, Shining Armor was already enjoying a plate of pancakes.

"So, how'd our little guest sleep?" Shining Armor asked kindly. Mavis tensed up when she became the center of attention.

"I'm afraid she didn't sleep at all last night," Cadence replied, helping Mavis into her seat, "Could you go and prepare two slices of toast?" she asked a servant.

"At once, your majesty," the servant said, retreating into the kitchen. Cadence then took her place at the table, where a fresh stack of pancakes were waiting. Pouring a little syrup on them, she then began to dig in. The servant then came back into the dining room, with a plate containing two slices of toast, with a little butter on them. Mavis began eating once they were set in front of her. It wasn't long before the three of them were done eating.

"We're going to go get freshened up. After we do that, I want to take you somewhere very special," Cadence said. Mavis tensed up by this, which didn't go unnoticed by the princess, "I know, what if I get you a little treat once we arrive at our destination?" Cadence offered. Mavis' response was most unexpected.

"O-OK, ok! I'll go!" Mavis cried out. Her tone indicated she didn't want a treat. Cadence was surprised. Most foals would jump at the chance to get a new toy or something sweet, but this girl was acting like her life was in danger.

"Ok, ok, Mavis. I was only offering, not ordering," Cadence said, as she helped Mavis into the bathroom. She then helped her to brush her teeth, tidy up her hair, and wash her face. Cadence then gave Mavis a towel for the girl to dry off with, "Now then, let's get to the train station. The Crystal Express will take us to our destination," Cadence said, as she and Mavis exited the bathroom. They made their way into the foyer, where Shining Armor was waiting.

"Ready to go?" Shining Armor asked.

"Of course," Cadence said, as they exited the castle.

"Make sure the castle is secure while we're gone. At latest, we should be back tomorrow morning," Shining Armor said to one of the guards.

"Yes sir!" the guard said, as the Crystal Couple and Mavis left. As they walked through the Crystal Empire, they heard someone screaming.

"MONSTER! AND IT HAS OUR PRINCE AND PRINCESS HOSTAGE!" the pony yelled, as everyone all retreated back into their homes. What was a bustling city instantly became a ghost town.

"How rude! Mavis isn't a monster!" Cadence grumbled, as they continued walking. Mavis felt really bad. She thought it was her fault. And it didn't help that the citizens of the Empire viewed her as a monster. After arriving at the station, some ponies coming onto the platform were whispering among one another about Mavis.

"So, that's one of those 'human' things Princess Twilight encountered in that other world?" one pony asked in a hushed voice.

"Well, she matches the description," another whispered back. Mavis was getting uncomfortable about being the center of attention.

"Come along Mavis. The Express is waiting," Cadence said, ushering Mavis into the Royal Passenger Car. Once everyone was on the train, the Crystal Express set off.

PreviousChapters Next