• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 4,242 Views, 167 Comments

A Little Girls Love - darkmage1997



Princess Cadence and Shining Armor find an abandoned scared little human girl while on their way back from an evening out.

  • ...
8
 167
 4,242

PreviousChapters Next
Flurry Heart Arc (Part 3)

The kids had arrived at the castle, where the other kids were gathered, and they along with the adults were getting ready to leave. Among them was the latest addition to their circle of friends, Starlight Glimmer, "We got your message," Mike commented.

"Yep. We're going back to the Empire to see the new baby! I'm an Aunt!" Twilight proclaimed proudly, only to be met with aggressive throat clearing. Looking, she saw Nathan tapping his foot, his hands on his hips, giving her the stink eye, while Mavis looked rather despondent, "Oops. Sorry," she sheepishly said.

"Yeah, ya might want ta watch that," Applejack said.

"Maybe it's because I have hardly any presence that everyone just forgets about me. Story of my life," Mavis commented in a goth manner. This seemed to unnerve the others.

"Uh.... if it makes you feel better, I don't forget you," Toby commented. This made Mavis break her goth character, and blushed at her crush. Thankfully for her, this went unnoticed, as the others shared Toby's sentiments.

"Well, in any case, we should head on up to the Empire. Cadence wants us all to see the baby," Twilight said, as they went to the train station.


On the train ride,

While the adults were all talking in the next car, the kids were all hanging out. All apart from Mavis, who was sleeping on a bench, dreaming peaceful dreams.


Mavis' Dream

In a French Café, an adult Mavis was seated at one of the outside tables, sipping a cup of tea, and enjoying a cake. She then heard the most beautiful music she had ever heard. Ever curious, she decided to investigate. She eventually came across a small crowd, surround a harpsicord, being played by the most handsome man she had ever seen. Tall, intellectual, and a gentle look in his eyes behind a pair of glasses, Mavis instantly fell for him. He finished up his song, took a small bow, as the crowd applauded him, and dispersed, leaving him and Mavis all alone, the latter of whom was fretting, not sure how to address this situation, even less so, as the man approached her, "I assume you enjoyed my music?" he asked. Even his voice sounded like silk to Mavis.

"Oui, oui, monsieur musicien," Mavis replied.

"If you like the music, I could take you on a night on the town?" the man offered.

"But, we barely even know each other!" Mavis replied, her eyes being replaced with anime swirls.

"We could get to know each other this way," the man replied.

"Oui, when you put it that way," Mavis replied.

"I am Toby, by the way, Toby Mason," the man introduced himself.

"Mavis Gustou," Mavis replied.

"Well, shall we then?" Toby offered.

"Oui, and let's get married some day, and have 23 babies," Mavis replied.


Reality,

Mavis shot up from her sleep, after that dream, "Wow, that escalated quickly, no?" Mavis said to herself, a deep blush on her face. Looking out the window, she saw that the train was nearing the Crystal Empire. She was then approached by Melody and Clover.

"C'mon Mavis. Auntie Twilight wants us all to be ready for when we arrive," Melody stated.

"Ok," Mavis replied, as she grabbed her satchel, as the train came to a complete stop. The doors opened, and they all got out of the coach, with Mavis being the last one out. From the cloud of steam, they were able to spot the adults, including Shining Armor, who looked like he just drank twelve pots of coffee.

"Shining Armor! I didn't know you were meeting us!" Twilight exclaimed happily.

"Of course I am! It's me, right here, here I am! Why wouldn't I come meet my sister, or my kids?" Shining Armor asked in a slurry voice, like he hadn't slept in weeks.

"Are you alright?" Twilight asked.

"NEVER BETTER! Being a father is amazing, and wonderful, and amazing, and confusing, and amazing! But surprising too, you know? I mean not that you would know, I know, you know?!" he asked in a crazed fashion. An aggressive throat clearing got his attention. Turning, he saw Nathan tapping his foot impatiently, while Mavis appeared downtrodden, "Oh, I mean, being a father to THIS baby is amazing. No offense intended to either of you!" he quickly retorted.

"I think this calls for being a little extra worried," Vibrant whispered to Season and Serenity, both of whom nodded.

"Sorry, I haven't slept well since Cadence had the baby. Come to think of it, she hasn't either. it sure would be great to get a break," Shining Armor added.

"Oh, of course. What was I thinking? You two probably need all kinds of help," Twilight replied.

"Well, we can watch the baby for a spell," Nathan volunteered himself, and the others.

"Well, that's nice of you to offer, but this baby isn't anything like Skyla or Guard. It may be a good idea to have Twiley and her friends help out with the baby instead," Shining Armor politely declined. Mavis seemed rather disappointed by this.

'It would've been nice taking care of the baby alongside Toby. It would be like if we were married,' Mavis thought to herself, a goofy smile working it's way onto her face, images of her and Toby holding a mini-Mavis with large owl sized glasses in their arms.

"Mavis, shake a leg! We're headin' ta the castle!" Nathan called out to her. Mavis snapped out of her daydream, and quickly caught up with the others.

PreviousChapters Next