• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 4,242 Views, 167 Comments

A Little Girls Love - darkmage1997



Princess Cadence and Shining Armor find an abandoned scared little human girl while on their way back from an evening out.

  • ...
8
 167
 4,242

PreviousChapters Next
Original Plot Chapter 13

The last thing Mavis remembered was falling asleep after having dinner with Cadence and Shining Armor. She distinctively remembered being tucked into bed. What she couldn't fathom was how she got into a basement, shackled to the wall with straw ropes. It made her itch something terrible. Looking around, she realized, to her horror, that she was in one of her old foster homes, the one where she was singled out for being treated badly by her caretakers. She remembered how cold the basement she was forced to live in was, how little food she would be allowed to given, and how little freedom she had. She hated it. She hated being treated like a prisoner, being treated like she was less than dirt. She then heard some sort of commotion coming from upstairs. She remembered this too. It was the day she was rescued from her oppressive home. The door to the basement burst open, and a couple of men, dressed in suits rushed downstairs.

"Alright youse mugs, there's gotta be something here they can do without," one of the men said, as they started looking around. It was almost instantly that they saw Mavis.

"Hey boss, what's this kid doin' here?" another man asked, looking at Mavis, who only looked back in fear.

"The hell?! They're keeping a kid tied up down here?! What the @#$#@ is wrong with those @#!#-ers?!" the first man yelled, making Mavis flinch. She had heard several bad words in her time, most of them being directed solely at her, "Well, what are you waiting for!? Cut this kid loose! Even we can't allow this!" he ordered his lackeys.

"Right away, boss!" the second man said, as he went over, and took a knife to the ropes that were holding Mavis down.

"Easy kid. We're getting you out o' here," the first man said, picking up the child in his arms, as they marched back upstairs. When they got there, Mavis saw some other men, ransacking the home she was stuck in, as if they were searching for something.

"Please Tony, I'm good for the money! I'll pay you back, I just need more time!" a cowardly man pleaded.

"Funny you should mention that. Why was this kid tied up in the basement?" the man, now known as Tony, asked.

"She's cursed! Everywhere she goes, people die! I was looking out for my family!" the cowardly foster father explained.

"Curse?! There's no such thing! And why does she look almost starved to death?!" Tony demanded.

"Well, we hardly ever have enough leftovers to give her. Besides, if she dies, she'll take her curse with her!" the foster father shakily replied.

"You know, we was gonna take something valuable as collateral, but maybe it be better if the kid comes with us," Tony said. The foster father looked almost ecstatic. He would be free of a child he believed to be cursed.

"By all means!" the foster father eagerly accepted.

"But make no mistake, we'll be back for the money, in full, by the end of the week. Have it, or you'll be fitted for cement shoes!" Tony said, as he and his gang left the foster father alone.


Mavis then shot up from her bed, looking around, she saw she was back in the Crystal Palace, "Just a dream," she said, as she got out of bed, and walked to the balcony. It was still the middle of the night, as the moon shone brightly over the Crystal Empire. Since her training required her to stay in her birthday suit, Mavis got too used to sleeping in the nude. She wasn't embarrassed about it living with the Nymphs, but she wanted to maintain some degree of modesty in the Crystal Empire, at least when she was around others, "I hope things get better," she said. Within the few days she had stayed in the Crystal Empire, Cadence and Shining Armor took Mavis and Flurry Heart out for a day trip. This turned out to be a somewhat poor choice, as a high ranking family of the Empire's nobility called Mavis out as a "monster", and tried to run her out of town, only to be stopped by both royal parents. This however, turned out to make things worse, as the head of the household threw a somewhat large rock at Mavis, striking her in the arm. Thankfully, her training helped to build her tolerance to pain, but it didn't excuse what the pony had done to her. Cadence issued a warning, stating that if the family ever did something like that to anyone under her care, then that pony's family would be banished from the Crystal Empire. Since then, Mavis has been hesitant to leave the castle.


In the upper class end of town,

The same high class ponies who were harassing Mavis were all walking home from dinner at one of the more expensive restaurants in the Empire, "Quite the lovely evening, darling," the mare said, as the family made their way back home.

"Of course. We need to treat ourselves after being so wrongfully threatened by the Princess like that," the stallion replied.

"Whatever that..... freak is, it certainly doesn't belong in OUR hometown," the daughter added. It was right around then that a heavy mist began to roll in.

"Hmm? The Pegasi must be slacking off again. I'll have to lodge a complaint," the stallion grumbled. Just then, they heard an unfamiliar sound, kind of like a horn, blaring in the darkness, followed by an echoing voice from deep in the darkness.

"Mavis..... Mavis...... where's my baby? I love my baby," the voice said. It sent chills up the spines of the family, because of how eerie it sounded. From the dark mist ahead of them, they could barely make out an odd, rectangular shape, as it closed in on them. Once it was close enough, a blinding red light shone, revealing itself to the ponies.

"Those who harm the innocent are subject to my wrath. They shall know true horror, as they are sent straight to HELL!" the Demon Bus yelled, as long, black tendrils erupted from the windows, and lunged at the snobby family with a scream.


The next morning,

Cadence was up bright and early. She had a lot of paperwork that needed to get done. But she still made time to go check on Mavis, to see if she was up. Knocking on the child's door, she gently asked, "Mavis? Are you up?" before opening the door. Sometime during the night, Mavis had made her way back to bed. Cadence then walked over to the bed, and carefully nudged Mavis, causing her to stir. She had learned since Mavis came back about her sleeping habit, and knew it would be less embarrassing for Mavis if Cadence just nudged her, rather than pull the sheets down.

"Mmm, morning already?" Mavis groggily asked, holding the sheets over her bare form.

"Yes sweetie. It's time for breakfast. We'll all be waiting for you in the dining room. If you need help, don't hesitate to ask one of the guards," Cadence said, leaving Mavis to her privacy. Mavis threw off the sheets, and got out of bed, setting her teddy bear on the lower part of the bed, while she made her bed.

"There, nice and tidy," Mavis said, as she turned her attention to her dress. It was the only one she had on her, but if what Cadence told her was true, Rarity would be making more outfits for Mavis to wear that she would pick up the next time they would all get together. Mavis then slipped on her dress. Thankfully, while it was her only dress, it wasn't the only thing she had to wear. When the dress needed to be washed, Mavis would either confine herself to her room, or dress in a bathrobe that Cadence would provide. Once she was properly clothed, Mavis then left her room, and made her way to the dining room. She got turned around, only once, but was able to find her way there after hearing Cadence's voice. It sounded like she was talking about something important.

"You're sure there were wheel like tracks at the scene?" she could hear Cadence ask.

"No mistake. The only survivor was the mother, but she's gone insane. She attacked several of the other guards, screaming about 'bloody murder' or something. She's already being sent to the Insane Asylum," a guard replied.

"I see. And what about the scene itself?" Cadence asked.

"A hazmat team is already cleaning it up, but they may not get it all done in one go. It's..... not a pretty sight, especially for someone with a weak stomach," the guard replied.

"Very well. Keep me informed of any and all updates regarding the cleanup," Cadence replied.

"Of course, your majesty," the guard replied, as he left. Mavis could instantly tell what they were talking about, as she had witnessed the gory massacres the Demon Bus was capable of firsthand, as well as seeing people driven to insanity.


Flashback,

Mavis was shackled to a post in the backyard of one of her old foster homes. She was cold, and very hungry. She was forced to watch as her foster family gorged themselves on the multitude of food they had spread out across the table, "Hey brat! I bet you want some food, right?" the foster mother asked, in a haughty, taunting manner.

"P-P-Please, just a little bit would be nice," Mavis pleaded.

"Well, too bad! There isn't enough for you, and there won't ever be enough!" the foster mother yelled, laughing cruelly as she went back inside, but not before taking a large bite out of a turkey drumstick she had, slowly enjoying the taste at the expense of Mavis, who just broke down crying from hunger. That's when the last moments of the foster family began to come to a close, as the house exploded, scattering them all across the lawn. From the fires, the Demon Bus emerged.

"There's enough food here to feed an army. Yet you choose to horde it all for yourselves. Now, you will all be sent to HELL!" it yelled, as the long black tendrils erupted from the window, grabbing all of the foster family members. The front grill of the bus opened up, like a large predator, and then began to devour some of the family members, their screams being choked out, and drowned out by the sounds of their blood, splattering all around. Mavis wanted to run and hide, but she was shackled, and was unable to do anything. The foster mother, who tormented Mavis by savoring the drumstick, was the last survivor, being held up by one of the tendrils, "Death is too good a punishment for you! Instead, know eternal fear!" the Demon yelled, as the tendrils forced the woman's eyes open, and held her up to an unbroken window. All color from the mother's hair, skin, and clothing all drained away, as she let out a bloodcurdling scream, as the tendrils let her go. When she hit the ground, she was writhing in pure terror, screaming at the top of her lungs, begging it to stop. Mavis was so scared, so petrified by being in the presence of her greatest fear, that she failed to notice her shackles being broken, just before the Demon Bus disappeared into the smoke.


Real Time,

Mavis shivered at the thought of the memory. Never had she seen anyone or anything be driven to such insanity. It was bad enough it happened in the human world, now the Demon Bus was killing the denizens of this world now too? 'Will I ever be free from this curse?' she thought. She felt her appetite leave as she thought more and more about it, but she knew she had to check in with her future guardians. She wasn't ready to ask them to be her parents yet, but she still gave them her utmost respect.

PreviousChapters Next