• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 4,242 Views, 167 Comments

A Little Girls Love - darkmage1997



Princess Cadence and Shining Armor find an abandoned scared little human girl while on their way back from an evening out.

  • ...
8
 167
 4,242

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 16: Meeting the Nymphs

Needless to say, Cadence and the others were in absolute panic. They didn't know what to do to help Mavis get away from Sombra, or even where he was holed up in, "Oh, where is Twilight!? We need that device of Raiden's!" Cadence fretted.

"Ah thought you guys said Sombra was defeated last time?" Nathan questioned.

"We thought so too. But we severely underestimated his tenacity," Shining Armor replied, just as Twilight teleported into the castle with Raiden's device.

"I came as soon as I heard!" Twilight said.

"Good. We need to get our priorities out of the way first. Do you know how to work that thing?" Cadence asked.

"Yes. Raiden told me how to work this device. He would've come too, but he needed to meet with a client about some kind of experiment," Twilight said.


Back with Raiden,

"Ok, so Miss..... Lila, what is it you need me to do? And why do I need to wear a blindfold?" Raiden asked, as he was seated in a temple, blindfolded. Before him, stood a real gorgon in her teens. Her snake tail was pink, as was the snakes in her hair.

"Well, you see, my people are viewed as destructive monsters because of our ability to turn others into stone. But I head from a snake that there was a brilliant mind working for a guild in Ponyville," Lila replied.

"Yes, that would be me. I work on countless experiments in my lab, but what does that have to do with you? Not to be rude, or anything," Raiden asked.

"Well, my people were wondering if you could make something that could help us meld into society without causing someone to be turned to stone," Lila explained.

"Hmm, well, I've never done any work for eyes, but I think I can make something work. I will need to take you back to the guild, however. My best equipment is there," Raiden said.

"But what about the townsfolk?" Lila asked.

"Don't worry," Raiden said, pulling out a pen shaped device, "This will teleport us back into my lab, completely unnoticed. But a word of warning: I will need to take off the blindfold, so I can work. That being said, is there a way for me to break out of being stone, if I catch your gaze by mistake?" Raiden asked.

"Yes. Water is the only thing that can break the stone gaze of a gorgon," Lila replied.

"Ok, so for the testing, I'll need to set up some irrigation lines. With hope, Francisco hasn't gone out on a job himself. If not, then I'll set out some water basins for you to douse me with," Raiden said, as Lila wrapped herself around the thunder mutant. With a click of the pen, he and Lila teleported out of the temple.


Back in the Crystal Empire,

"Well, either way, we need to focus on Mavis. Does that thing tell where she is?" Shining Armor asked. Twilight then activated the tablet as Raiden instructed her. Within seconds, she got a signal from Mavis' arm.

"I got something!" Twilight exclaimed.

"Well?! Where is my baby?!" Cadence exclaimed.

"According to this, Mavis is," Twilight did a double take to make sure she wasn't reading this thing wrong, "Hmm, it says she's in the vicinity of the mountains where Blueblood was holed up. But it also says that she's moving along with the river. Maybe Mavis has escaped somehow?" Twilight wondered.

"Well, either way, we can't sit around, gawking! I'm going to those mountain's myself if it means rescuing Mavis!" Cadence declared.

"I'm going with you too. Mavis is my daughter too," Shining Armor stated.

"I'll lend any support I can along the way," Twilight said.

"Ah'll stay here. If Mavis does come back here, someone needs to be here to greet her," Nathan volunteered.

"Excellent. We shouldn't be too terribly long," Cadence said, as the three of them left to find Mavis.


Meanwhile, with Mavis,

Mavis was starting to stir in her sleep after being knocked out. Opening her eyes, she saw she was in a cave like temple of sorts. She sat up, only for her to wince in pain. Looking down, she saw that she had bandages wrapped around her body. Much to her embarrassment, the bandages were the only thing that was covering her up. She looked around, and saw that there were some vines growing on some of the pillars. She heard someone coming. She wanted to run away, but the pain prevented her from doing so. Just as she began loosing hope, it was renewed, as she saw Cosmo and the Nymph called Marina, entering the room, "Oh good! You're up!" Cosmo exclaimed, as she and Marina fluttered over to Mavis.

"Bonjour Cosmo. This is real, right?" Mavis asked.

"Indeed. You are very much awake," Cosmo replied.

"I guess that makes sense. I hurt a lot to be asleep," Mavis commented, as she tried to move, only for the pain to stop her.

"Careful there, sweetie. You haven't fully healed," Marina said, trying to coax Mavis into laying back down.

"W-Where am I?" Mavis asked politely, yet timidly.

"You're in the Nymph Grotto in the mountains. We found you unconscious by the river," Cosmo explained. Mavis then remembered what had happened earlier. She was still horrified at what she did to Sombra.

"I know this may be prying into your business, but, could you tell us how you ended up back in the mountains?" Marina asked. Just as Mavis was about to explain, six more Nymphs came in, including the red bikini clad one she saw picking fruit. One of the other five was dressed in a green bikini with magenta hair. Another was a dark skinned Nymph, dressed in a lite blue bikini, with what looked to be tribal feathers. She had hair almost as black as Mavis'. Another was dressed in a pink bikini and had sky blue hair. The seventh one was dressed in a white bikini with lime green hair. The last Nymph wasn't dressed in a bikini as the others. Her outfit, from what Mavis would describe, was a leather one piece outfit. Unlike the others, whose hair reached all the way down to their feet, she had short blonde hair. They were all voluptuous in their own rights.

"Oh good! She's up! How is she?" the green bikini clad Nymph asked.

"Well, she seems shaken up from whatever caused her to wash up on our beach. Other than that, and slight pains when she tries to move, she's fine," Cosmo replied.

"Here. Let me finish the healing process," the white bikini Nymph said, as she conjured a green orb, which she set on Mavis' belly. It melded into the young girl's body. With in seconds, Mavis didn't feel any pain anymore.

"I... feel better," Mavis said in surprise.

"That's good. We wouldn't want you being hurt, precious," the Nymph replied.

"We should do introductions before anything else. My name is Marina. I am the Water Nymph. I control the flow and purity of any body of water," Maria formally introduced herself.

"I'm Dana, the Food Nymph. I bring bountiful harvests wherever I go, and I just love-love-love eating and cooking!" the red bikini Nymph said.

"My name is Wanda, the Grand Nymph. I am, for sake of simplification, the queen of the Nymphs. I possess the magic that helps plants to grow freely," the Green Bikini Nymph said.

"I'm Sky, the Music Nymph. My melodies are capable of calming any sort of negative emotions," the lite blue bikini Nymph said.

"My name is Tabby, the Medicinal Nymph. As you experienced, I am quite adapt in healing magic," the White Bikini Nymph said.

"I am Yuki, the Snow Nymph. I keep trespassers at bay with my icy magic," the leather wearing Nymph said, speaking in a Swedish accent.

"Before I tell you who I am, you need to ask me who I am!" the pink bikini Nymph requested, stifling a giggle.

"Um... who are you? Mavis asked.

"Yes," the nymph replied. This confused Mavis.

"Yes, what?" Mavis asked.

"No, yes who," the nymph returned. This started getting snickers from the other Nymphs.

"You do have a name, don't you?" Mavis asked.

"Yep!" the nymph replied.

"Then, could you tell me?" Mavis asked.

"Who," the nymph said.

"Vous. I would like to know who vous are," Mavis requested.

"I just told you," the Nymph retorted, trying her hardest not laugh.

"Who are you?" Mavis asked, starting to get tired from this back and forth conversation.

"That's Who I am!" the Nymph replied.

"Ok, so who are you?" Mavis asked, as she was suddenly changed in a baseball uniform that was a few sizes to big for her, along with the Nymphs, who had to leave the top buttons on their uniforms undone for two MASSIVE reasons each. Just then, a sitcom laugh track came out from nowhere.

"Alright, all joking aside, her name is literally Who. Or rather, Catharine-Who. But you can call her Kat," Wanda clarified, as the aforementioned Nymph rolled over laughing, "She's what you would call the Artist Nymph. She can brighten up any darkness with her electric magic," Wanda explained, as they were all changed back into their original outfits.

"Ok, but why that whole thing she did?" Mavis asked.

"It's a joke, sweetie. She made her name like that so she could get a laugh out of everyone," Sky replied.

"Now then, weren't you going to tell us about who you got washed up on our beach?" Cosmo asked. Mavis knew she had to explain herself, so she told them everything. Needless to say, the Nymphs were shocked at the news that Sombra and the Crystal Empire were back. Even Kat could bring herself to laugh.

"Sombra. There's a name I hoped never to hear again," Dana commented.

"But from what you said, you managed to escape because of some gorgon heritage of yours?" Yuki asked.

"Oui. I somehow got it from mon papa's side of the family," Mavis replied.

"I see. With the Crystal Empire back, thing's should be more lively, assuming we can integrate back into society," Wanda commented.

"Why don't you?" Mavis asked.

"Well, centuries ago, Celestia and I had a bit of a fight over something you needn't worry about, and we've been hiding out here until we can face her again," Wanda replied. The other Nymphs rolled their eyes.

"Yeah, the fight was rather petty," Kat commented. Mavis then remembered something.

"Uh, could I trouble one of vous for some clothing?" Mavis politely asked.

"I'm afraid all we can offer you is this poncho," Tabby said, giving Mavis a small, worn out poncho.

"Marina and Cosmo weren't kidding about you. You truly are a well mannered individual," Dana commented, scooping up Mavis into a slight hug. Mavis, just like when she was hugged by Cosmo, blushed at being in direct contact with Dana's incredibly large chest.

"That being said, have you given any consideration as to what I told you about the other night?" Cosmo asked.

"It really is a simple query. Would you like to learn the ways of nature from us? If so, you'll be able ascend to becoming a Nymph yourself," Wanda explained. Mavis thought about it for a moment. These Nymph's were all giving her an opportunity of a lifetime. She would be able to learn ways of magic she never even thought of. And if what Cosmo said to her was true, Mavis would be subjected to the beauty regiments that the Nymphs clearly did, given how beautiful they were.

"Oui, but could we at least tell the princess of the Crystal Empire where I am? She recently adopted me, and is quite protective," Mavis requested.

"Of course, sweetie. We'll send a messenger bird to alert," Wanda said, as she quickly wrote a note, explaining where Mavis was and how to find them. She then gave the note to a bird, "Please deliver this to Princess Cadence of the Crystal Empire," Wanda said to the bird, who took the note, and flew out a hole in the wall, "Once we explain things to the Princess, we'll begin your training," Wanda said to Mavis.

"T-Training?" Mavis asked, uneasily.

"Don't worry. We're just going to teach you all about the nature around you," Tabby replied.

"By the way, do you want Tabby to help you with your arm?" Yuki asked.

"Non!" Mavis squeaked, gripping her metal arm, "Sorry, but apart from mon mermaid and gorgon heritages, this is all I have left to remember mon maman and papa," Mavis replied.

"It's quite alright sweetheart. It is YOUR body, so you shouldn't have to do anything that makes you uncomfortable," Wanda said.


At the base of the mountain range,

It didn't take long for the three of them to reach the mountains, "Ok Twilight, so where is Mavis?" Shining Armor asked.

"According to this device, she's off in that general direction," Twilight replied, pointing towards a mountain path, with plenty of vegetation growing, despite it being all rock.

"Well, in any case, let's get going. The sooner Mavis is home safe and sound, the more at ease we can all be," Cadence said, as they ventured towards the path. Just as they were about to begin hiking up, the bird that Wanda gave the note to flew towards them. It stopped in front of them, and presented the note. Twilight took the note, and read it aloud.

To the new Royal Couple of the Crystal Empire,

I, Wanda, the Grand Nymph, along with my sisters, have rescued the child you refer to as Mavis when she was washed up on the shores below our grotto. We have treated the injuries that she sustained when she escaped from the former King Sombra. She is currently in our care. We would like to request an audience with you, regarding something with your daughter. Below are instructions on how to get to the grotto. We hope to see you shortly,

Sincerely, Wanda, the Grand Nymph,

Twilight made sure to reread the note to herself to make sure she didn't miss anything, but one thing boggled the minds of the three ponies, 'How in Equestria did Mavis escape from Sombra?'

"Well, all we can do now is follow these directions. We can worry about Sombra later. Our top priority is making sure Mavis is safe," Shining Armor said, as they followed the directions Wanda provided.

Author's Note:

In the next chapter, Mavis will begin her training to become a Nymph herself. For the sake of clarity, here is a list of the Nymphs, and what they're like:

Wanda, the Grand Nymph
Magic: Earth
Wanda is the eldest, and wisest of all of Mavis' gurus. She knows magic that even surpasses her sisters.

Marina, the Water Nymph
Magic: Water (obviously), the ability to talk with fish
Marina is the first Nymph that Mavis met, albeit informally. She teaches Mavis the ways of water that even Mavis didn't know about.

Dana, the Food Nymph
Magic: Fire, creating bountiful harvests
While the other seven Nymphs are voluptuous in their own right, Dana is the Nymph who is "Extra Thicc". As a Food Nymph, she is naturally gifted in cooking, and absolutely loves eating. She will teach Mavis how to cook, and that it's ok to eat a lot.

Cosmo, the Dream and Space Nymph
Magic: Astrological Magic, dream infiltration
Cosmo is the first Nymph that Mavis meets formally. She teaches Mavis all about the stars.

Tabby, the Medicinal Nymph
Magic: Healing
As the Medicinal Nymph, Tabby is naturally caring. She teaches Mavis how to make natural remedies from the plants and water around her.

Sky, the Music Nymph
Magic: Air
Sky is one of the more laidback Nymphs. She will teach Mavis on the beauty of music that only nature can give.

Catharine (Kat) Who, the Art Nymph
Magic: Electricity
Bubbly and energetic, Kat is easily the most easygoing among her sisters. She loves to joke around with her name. She will teach Mavis how to be more active and cheerful.

Yuki, the Frost Nymph
Magic: Ice
As the only Nymph who has an accent and isn't wearing a bikini, Yuki makes it her mission to help defend the grotto against any unwanted trespassers. She'll show Mavis how to use ice to create

PreviousChapters Next