• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 4,243 Views, 167 Comments

A Little Girls Love - darkmage1997



Princess Cadence and Shining Armor find an abandoned scared little human girl while on their way back from an evening out.

  • ...
8
 167
 4,243

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 4: Mavis' Traumatic Past (Rewritten)

Inside Mavis' subconscious,

Looking around, Luna found herself, of all places, underwater, "What the...?! What is this memory?" Luna questioned. She saw something swimming past her at blinding speeds. She tried getting a good look at what it was, but it disappeared into the kelp, 'Hmm, I won't be able to find anything here. I'd better move onto the next....' Luna's thought was cut off, when she saw a little two year old girl swimming by. What caught her by surprise was that the lower half of the girl was that of a fish tail. Upon closer inspection, the girl bore a striking resemblance to Mavis.

"Mavis, mon enfant, it is time to go home," Luna then saw a woman swimming towards the little fish girl. Luna noticed that, like the fish girl that she now knew was in fact Mavis, the woman's lower half was also a fish tail.

"Ok Maman," the toddler fish girl said, swimming over to the larger fish person. She, however, was unable to stop properly, as she gently bumped into her mother.

"Ok you little sweetheart, let's get you home for your nap," the larger fish woman said, as she and Mavis swam, to what Luna suspected, to be the shoreline. The woman poked her head up above the water, making sure the coast was clear, "Ok, we must be quick," the woman said, as she and Mavis resurfaced, and grabbed some towels from a waterproof container lying nearby.

"Maman, why must we always dry ourselves in private?" the younger Mavis asked.

"Because, our kind must never be discovered by the humans. Your father is the only one who knows of the existence of mermaids," the woman said, as she and her daughter dried themselves off, turning their fish tails back into human legs. They then quickly got dressed.

'Hmm, so Mavis is actually one of these 'mermaid' creatures. I'd better keep that a secret for now. But it doesn't look like anything else will happen here,' Luna thought, as she went to view another memory of Mavis'.


Mavis' subconscious, age 2 3/4 years old,

Luna now found herself in the middle of a very lavish house, 'Hmm, could this be Mavis' old home?' Luna wondered. She saw the young Mavis walking around, trying to get up onto the couch. Just then, a big, burly man came by, and picked up Mavis, who squealed and giggled.

"All right you little rascal, there you go," the man said, placing Mavis comfortably on the couch, "Now, you just sit there and watch some tv, while your Mommy and I go and take care of something," the man said, as he left Mavis on the couch. Luna noticed that unlike Mavis or her mother, the father didn't have a French Accent. Mavis turned on the tv, which, for some reason, came onto a cooking show. Luna didn't understand human cuisine all that well, but she could tell that the people cooking were professionals. She then saw some of them using fish as a part of one of their recipes. Looking over, she saw Mavis' face pale at the sight of the fish being chopped up and cooked. Luna saw Mavis' face turn green, as she ran out of the tv room, and into what she thought was the bathroom. The sound of Mavis throwing up could be heard throughout the house. This was even able to get the attention of Mavis' parents, who quickly rushed to their beloved daughter's side.

"Mavis, what's wrong?" Mavis' father asked.

"I just saw the most disgusting thing ever!Quelle horreuer!" Mavis replied, as she lost her lunch again.

"Oh dear, I should've checked the channel before leaving Mavis alone like that," the father said, feeling bad.

"But, why on earth was it on a cooking show?" the mother asked.

'Well, that would explain one reason Mavis seems to scared of the other children. Even more reason to keep her secret,' Luna thought, as she went onto another memory.


Mavis' Memories: Age: 3 and a half years old

Luna saw that she was outside, in the middle of an alley way, in the middle of a rainstorm. She looked around, and nearly lost her own lunch at what she saw: Mavis was on the ground, tears flooding out of her eyes. What Luna nearly throw up, was seeing Mavis holding an extremely bloody wound, where her right arm should have been. She looked around, and saw said arm, laying on the ground. She then saw a couple of older kids, dressed as pirates, looming over her, one of the swords they were holding was covered in blood.

"Well me crew, we finally found one; a baby mermaid, all on her own," the leader of the group said, as he approached the terrified Mavis.

"ENOUGH!" Luna was taken aback, as she saw bullets of light in several different colors knocking the pirates away. She then saw the parents rushing to their daughter's aid. They were horrified at seeing their daughter maimed the way she was.

"MAMAN! PAPA!" Mavis cried uncontrollably.

"Oh, my sweet angel, what have they done to you?!" the mother sobbed, holding her angel daughter tightly.

"We got to get out of here, fast! I know a guy who owes me. We can help with Mavis' arm that way," the father said, as he took Mavis from the mother, and they ran away.

"My word, Mavis has gone through the worst of the worst traumas I've seen yet," Luna commented, as she used her magic to flashforward a bit. She was now inside what appeared to be an operating room. She saw that Mavis was heavily sedated, laying on the operating table, with a couple of doctors rushing to help her. Luna saw that the doctors were giving Mavis some kind of surgery in which they replaced her arm with a metal one.

"Ok, that should do it," one of the doctors said, as he left to go speak with the parents. Luna could only look on helplessly at Mavis, who was still heavily sedated, lying on the operating table, her real arm being replaced with a fake metal one.

"No one should ever deserve this, especially one so young," Luna tearfully commented, as she went onto another memory.


Mavis' Memories: Age 4 Years, 14 days old

Luna once again found herself in the middle of Mavis' old home, but everything was all wrong; The entire house was on fire, and she saw Mavis desperately trying to get some debris off of her parents, "Mavis, my precious angel, listen to me. You need to escape the house, and get back to the ocean. Those pirates are after you, not us. You need to save yourself!" the father pleaded with his daughter, who was still trying to free her parents.

"B-but I do not want to live without either of you!" Mavis tearfully argued.

"I know Mavis, but to us, you're more important than our lives. You should have the chance to grow up and live, even if we do not follow you," the mother said. Mavis was full on waterfall crying now, as she fell to her knees, unable to move.

"Ready crew! Aim!" Luna could hear the same pirates voice order.

"You need to go NOW! PRISIM CHARIOT!" the father said, as he cast a spell, which surrounded Mavis in a ball of light, and propelled her out of the house.

"FIRE!" Mavis could only watch in pure agony as her home was destroyed by the very pirates who sought to capture her. Mavis knew her parents didn't survive, and began to cry, once more. Luna was absolutely horrified at all the horrors that Mavis was forced to endure so early in life. She soon found that Mavis was dropped in an alley way somewhere.

"M-Maman, P-Papa," Mavis said in a broken voice, barely audible. She then got up, and tried to make her was back to the ocean. From the shadows, Luna saw a teenaged girl in mismatched clothes, looking on at the poor girl in sympathy.

"Don't worry little one, you'll find a new home soon enough," Luna was shocked to hear Eris' voice coming from the older girl, as she snapped her fingers, and opened a portal to the Crystal Empire, "I'd better get Daddy, Heaven and the boys. They'll need to help Twilight and them with that girl," Eris said, before teleporting away.


In Mavis' bedroom,

Luna had just reappeared beside Mavis' bed, where the scarred girl was sleeping, clutching her new toys closely, "Don't worry little one, you will be safe in Equestria, forever and always," Luna said, as she carefully left Mavis to rest.


The Throne Room,

"And that's how they found out about the DNA evidence," Raiden said.

"The nerve of some people!" Kelly commented. As they were all talking, Luna came back in, with a disturbed look on her face.

"Luna? Did you find anything else out?" Celestia asked.

"I did, but I don't think any of you want to know. Let's just say, the child's past was more, as today's foals would say, 'brutal', than anything we've seen," Luna said, feeling sick just thinking about what she saw.

"Hmm, that's not good," Shining Armor commented.

"But what can we do? From what Raiden told us, Mavis doesn't have that strong an immunity to processed sugars, so we have to rule out a party. Sorry Pinkie," Cadence apologized.

"Don't worry. We need to make Mavis feel more welcome here," Pinkie replied.

"By the way, on a completely unrelated note, but do humans eat fish?" Luna asked.

"Yes. Fish is a vital source of protein, and is considered brain food for humans. My nationality actually specializes in certain fish dishes call 'sushi'," Raiden replied. Luna frowned at this.

"Why? Does Mavis not like fish?" Toby asked.

"It's not that. Let's just say she's a bit attached to marine life," Luna replied, trying to dance around the fact of Mavis being a mermaid.

"Ah know! Will could probably help us!" Nathan exclaimed. Everyone shot him a questioning look.

"How can Will help?" Clover asked.

"Will could give Mavis some Pokémon that may help her feel more secure," Nathan clarified.

"I see. You're proposing that Will gives her some emotional support Pokémon, right?" Twilight asked.

"Yup," Nathan replied.

"Well, that could help her out quite a bit. Twilight, I know it's a bit much to ask, but could you bring Mavis with you all back to Ponyville?" Cadence pleaded.

"Don't worry about it Cadence. We're more than happy to help," Twilight replied.

"Good, while you're doing that, Raiden, could we give you one more job?" Cadence asked. Raiden quirked his eyebrow.

PreviousChapters Next