• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 4,243 Views, 167 Comments

A Little Girls Love - darkmage1997



Princess Cadence and Shining Armor find an abandoned scared little human girl while on their way back from an evening out.

  • ...
8
 167
 4,243

PreviousChapters Next
Original Plot Chapter 10

Mavis stirred in her sleep, as she woke up in Wanda's hut, "Wasn't I just in an observatory?" Mavis wondered, as Wanda walked back in.

"Ah, Mavis. Good to see you're up. Did you enjoy your little nap?" Wanda asked kindly.

"Yes, I did," Mavis replied.

"Well, that's good to hear. Now that you're awake, why don't we get a start on your lessons?" Wanda suggested. Mavis got up, still holding her Teddy Bear.

"Ok. What did you have in mind?" Mavis asked, as Wanda led Mavis out of the hut, and to a large mud pit.

"In order to learn Earth Magic, you must first become one with the Earth. In other words, just go play in those mud," Wanda said.

"That's.... all I need to do?" Mavis asked, sounding surprised. In truth, Mavis never really played in mud before, so this was a new experience for her.

"Indeed. When you play in the mud, you should be able to get a good idea on what the earth should feel like," Wanda said.

"Ok, but, will I need to get dressed in something else? I don't really want to get this dress all muddy, and I'd feel a little embarrassed about being naked," Mavis asked politely.

"If you don't want to get that dress muddy, then you're going to have to get into your birthday suit. One, because we don't have anything else for you to wear, and two, if you are naked while playing in the mud, you're become that much closer to being one with the Earth. Besides, you have nothing to be embarrassed about. We're all girls here," Wanda explained. Mavis still felt embarrassed as she took off the dress she was leant, and placed it, along with her Teddy Bear by a nearby rock. Mavis, now fully naked, proceeded to climb down into the mud pit. However, she slipped, and slid all the way down into the mud, which came up to her calves. "You just have fun in there sweetie! I'll come back for you in about roughly an hour!" Wanda called, as she fluttered away. And with that, Mavis started tromping through the mud.

Embarrassed as she was about being nude, Mavis felt that playing in the mud was fun. She then proceeded to roll around in it, "Hee-hee, who knew this could be so much fun?" Mavis asked, as she slid around in the mud. She rolled up big balls of mud, before slamming into them. She laughed, as she had a grand time in the mud. Later, Wanda came back with Marina.

"My, my, she's all muddy!" Marina gushed at how cute Mavis was, playing in the mud.

"Ok Mavis! Time for your next lesson!" Wanda called. Mavis tromped back over to where Wanda was at, "Your next teacher is going to be Marina. She's going to teach you all about Water Magic," Wanda explained.

"And the best way to do that is to first have a nice, soothing bath," Marina explained, as she glanced over at a tub filled with warm water.

"I love baths!" Mavis exclaimed, as Marina took her over to the tub. She placed Mavis in, and proceeded to scrub her new apprentice.

"I'm guessing you had fun in the mud?" Marina asked, as she scrubbed Mavis' head, which had a lot of mud in it.

"Yes. It was my first time playing in mud," Mavis replied.

"Really, now?" Marina asked. Mavis nodded, not giving a verbal response. Marina knew why Mavis wouldn't talk about her past.


Five minutes prior to when Mavis woke up,

Wanda had just set Mavis down to keep sleeping in her hut, as she left to go tell her sisters about what Mavis had gone through. Truthfully, she was disgusted at how callous the human world was. She knew humans had a tendency to be cruel, but everything she and Cosmo saw was horrific. Soon, she saw Dana, Marina, Sky, and a few other Nymphs chatting, "Oh, Wanda! Did you find something about Mavis?" Dana asked.

"Indeed I did. And all of it was truly despicable," Wanda replied. This raised concern from the other Nymphs.

"I'm probably going to regret asking, but.... what did you find out?" Sky asked. Wanda then proceeded to explain to her sisters what Mavis had gone through, from being made a slave, to being left only scraps while her foster families hoarded all the good food for themselves, and even chaining her up like ad animal and leaving her outside, even during rainy seasons. Needless to say, Wanda's sisters were all horrified and disgusted at what Mavis' foster families did to her.

"Have humans really become so cruel as to treat someone so nice as a Mavis like less than dirt?" Daria questioned, crossing her arms.

"Cosmo and I were equally as disgusted with Mavis' treatment by those humans. But one thing that still peaks my curiosity is the Demon Bus. It appeared each time Mavis was abused in some manner, and took the lives of everyone who abused her," Wanda replied. Now, her sisters were confused.

"Now why would a demon want to help someone? Especially when the one it's helping is so scared of it," Veronica pondered.

"Regardless of the reason, we should focus on Mavis for now. We've been given a task by the Princess to help her out of her shell, and try to mend her heart and spirit," Wanda explained.

"So, we know she's going to train under you first, Wanda, but who gets her after you?" Sky asked. Wanda thought about it for a moment, before looking to her aquatic sister.

"Perhaps Marina," Wanda replied.

"Me?"

"Of course! One, so Mavis can have a bath, two, she can experience water while she's still wet from the bath, three, because she may like playing in the water, and four, Mariah needs time to gather materials from her extensive library, while also hiding all the more.... inappropriate books from Mavis," Wanda replied. Mariah blushed, but knew her sister was right.

"Well, that sounds reasonable," Marina replied.

"As for who she goes to after you, we'll decide when the time comes," Wanda replied.


Real Time,

Marina had just finished washing Mavis clean of the mud, and helped her out of the tub, "Ok Mavis, now normally, you would dry off after a bath as not to catch a cold, but in this case, you're training with me will be in the lake where I dwell," Marina said, as she grabbed Mavis' dress and Teddy Bear, and led her to the lake. Mavis was still embarrassed about being seen naked, but her worries soon ended, as they arrived at Marina's lake, which was full of the most crystal clear water Mavis had ever seen.

"So, what now?" Mavis asked.

"Why, just jump in," Marina urged. Mavis nodded, and went to get in the water. The water was chilly at first, but Mavis soon got used to it, as Marina joined her, "Ok Mavis, just keep kicking you feet, and try to paddle over to that rock over there. And don't worry, I'm right here for you," she urged, as she swam over to a nearby rock, which was only about fifteen feet from Mavis, and it was still in the shallow end of the lake. The girl in question proceeded to swim over to the rock. Though she had trouble keeping herself afloat. This prompted Marina to come and help Mavis, "Alright Mavis, I'll help you get into a proper swimming form. First, let's lay you on your back," Marina said, flipping Mavis over, so she was floating on her back.

"Ok, now what?" Mavis asked.

"Just kick you feet, and use your arms to paddle, while also keeping yourself stabilized," Marina instructed, as she swam back out to the rock. Mavis then proceeded to swim towards the water Nymph. She was able to have a much easier time swimming on her back, and soon arrived at the rock, "Very good Mavis. Now then, to keep yourself above the water, just kick your feet gently," Marina said, as she flipped Mavis back over, and put her in an upright position. Mavis then began to kick her feet to keep herself above the water, as Marina said.

"Like this?" Mavis asked.

"Yes. We'll continue swimming for a little longer, then Dana will come and teach you about Fire and Food," Marina said, as she then began to help Mavis get better at swimming. Eventually, Mavis was able to swim freely, "Well done Mavis! Now, let's see about getting you dried off," Marina said, as she took Mavis to the shore, where Dana was waiting, with a towel.

"Ok Mavis, let's get you dried off," Dana said, as she and Marina dried off Mavis. Marina then gave Mavis the dress she was borrowing, as well as the child's Teddy Bear, "I'll take it from here, sis," Dana said, as she took Mavis' other hand, and led her to the kitchen area, "Ok Mavis, our first lesson in terms of fire and food will first be in identifying the various food groups," Dana said.

"Ok," Mavis said, as Dana placed her on a bar stool.

"Now, there are a total of four basic food groups. Grains, such as bread, rice, and grains, fruits and vegetables, like apples and carrots, meats and other proteins, like fish, and finally fats and oils. Foods that can be found in this group include stuff like candy, cookies, etc.," Dana briefly explained.

"I see. Well, I don't really like eating stuff from that last group. I've seen many people become chubby," Mavis commented.

"Well, you needn't worry about getting chubby. Once you're all done with these lessons, you won't ever get fat, because the nymph magic you'll inherit will not only keep you from getting fat in your belly, but all the fat you'll probably take in will go to other places. I mean, when you look at one of us, you can see we get all the goods," Dana said, cupping her boobs in her hands. Mavis blushed at this, feeling a little insecure, but felt at ease, knowing that she would get a body type like the Nymphs, "On that note, we should work on putting a little more meat on those bones of yours. You're severely undernourished," the Thicc Nymph commented, looking at how thin Mavis was.

"Ok, but how do we do that?" Mavis asked.

"Well, part of the lessons I'll be teaching you will help you to identify which foods have high nutritional value, how to cook and make them taste good, and how to stoke fire to cook with," Dana explained. With that, Dana then took Mavis into the vegetable garden and the fruit orchard to teach her how to properly identify good fruits and vegetables. However, since it was only the first lesson, Mavis was limited to picking a few bushels of apples, and pulling some carrots. Once they brought it all back, Dana then went into detail how to wash vegetables plucked from the ground, and helped Mavis with peeling some apples. This continued for another hour, when Mariah came into the kitchen, "Time for Mavis to switch teachers already?" Dana asked.

"Yes. I hope I wasn't interrupting anything," Mariah commented.

"Nah, we were just finishing up the first lesson. Ok Mavis, I'll finish up here, while you go with Mariah for your next lessons," Dana said. Mavis nodded, and grabbed her Teddy Bear, walking over to Mariah, who then took her from the kitchen.

"Now Mavis, my lessons may be a little on the boring side, compared to the rest of my sister's lessons, but I will try to make it as fun and enjoyable for you as I can," Mariah said, as they arrived at Mariah's library, "Take a seat, and we can get started on the first lesson," she said. Mavis went over to a table, while Mariah came back with a few small books, "Tell me, what kind of education did the human world provide you?" she asked.

"I don't know. I was never allowed to go to school," Mavis replied. Mariah frowned at this, but maintained her composure.

"Well, you needn't worry. The lessons I am going to provide you will squeeze twelve years of school, and four years of college into only 15 months. But before you get the wrong idea, I am going to make the lessons as simple as I possibly can," Mariah explained.

"Ok," Mavis replied.

"Don't worry. You'll pick up on each lesson quickly. As for the curriculum I'm going to teach you, it will include the core basics, such as reading, writing, arithmetic, as well as science," Mariah said, as she began a nice easy lesson with teaching Mavis how to read.


3 months after Mavis was taken under the tutelage of the Nymphs,

Mavis was aiming a bow and arrow at a target that Daria had set up, "Remember, aim high," the Warrior Nymph said, as Mavis fired off the arrow. It didn't hit the target, but was able to hit the ground just before it, "Hmm, maybe we should work on improving your upper body strength," she commented.

"Is that why I didn't hit the target?" Mavis asked.

"Well, it's part of it, sweetie. But don't dwell too much on it," Daria said, as she and Mavis moved onto another exercise.


4 months after Mavis was taken under the tutelage of the Nymphs,

Mavis was focusing magic in her hands, as she tried to create a spark to light a fire, "Remember Mavis, don't strain yourself. Fire should be able to flow out of you like a breath of air," Dana said, as Mavis continued to build up magic. until a small flame appear in her hands.

"Did I.... do it right?" Mavis asked, out of breath from concentrating so hard.

"Indeed you did. Now, just place it in the kindling at the base of the pot. Mavis did so, and soon, a ring of fire surrounded the pot.


7 months after the Nymphs took in Mavis,

"Mavis? Come on out!" Polly called out. Despite having been living with the Nymphs for over half a year, and receiving many lessons from Polly, Mavis was still scared to death of snakes. One had slithered across Mavis' feet, causing Mavis to flee in terror.


8 months after the Nymphs took Mavis in,

"Ok Mavis, try to find the Unicorn Constellation, and tell me it's name," Cosmo requested. It was night time, and Cosmo had brought Mavis to a tall peak in the foothills, where they were stargazing.

"Ok, I think the name is Monoceros, and it's right..... there! Next to Orion," Mavis said, pointing to a constellation.

"Very good. Now, how about something a little tougher?" Cosmo asked, as they continued stargazing.


Elsewhere, at that same time, in the mountains,

Dana was picking some wild berries for some jelly she was going to teach Mavis how to make, alongside some of her sisters, "Ok girls, that should be enough!" Dana said.

"This is a lot of berries," Sky commented.

"Well, I want to gift Cadence with some jars after Mavis is done with her lessons," Dana replied. A twinge of slight sorrow was felt among the sisters.

"It's already been eight months since Mavis began her lessons," Veronica commented.

"Well, hopefully, she'll be allowed to come visit us from time to time?" Kat suggested, trying to lift their spirits. This somewhat succeeded. A mist then began rolling in, and a chill could be felt among the Nymphs.

"Strange.... we're impervious to the cold," Yuki commented. Just then, a ghostly sound echoed through the mountains. It sounded like a horn, blaring loudly. The sisters all then saw a large, shadowy, rectangular object on one of the lower ledges from where they were.

"Who are all of you?" a demonic voice said.

"We are the mountain Nymphs that inhabit the nearby grotto," Wanda replied cautiously.

"Ah, so you're the ones who are teaching Mavis," the shadowy form then materialized into a large, metallic object that the Nymphs were unfamiliar with. However, Wanda knew immediately who, or rather, what it was.

"Oh.... my...… Are you..... the Demon Bus Mavis told us about?!" Wanda explained. This caused shock among her sisters.

"My legend seems to spread like wildfire. Indeed, I am the Demon 308!" the Demon said, as a shadowy figure could be seen from behind the glass, smiling a sinister, razor sharp grin. The Nymphs could have sworn they saw blood coming from the demon's mouth.

"Ok, so why have you come here? The grotto is protected from all forms of evil, preventing those who have the darkest of hearts from entering," Wanda questioned, wanting to know the Demon's motives.

"My reason for hanging around here concerns Mavis. She seems.... much happier since she arrived in your grotto," the demon replied.

"Yes, we heard that Mavis had a horrible beginning to her life, all thanks to her foster families," Dana replied.

"Those fools were not worthy of being foster families! They were families of corrupt politicians, wanting to appear more pleasing to public eye, or just hated Mavis' guts all together. But none of them ever lived long enough to regret the wrongs they inflicted upon her," the Demon explained.

"So we've heard. On that note, I think you should know that we aren't going to let you harm one hair on that adorable head of Mavis," Marina replied.

"Mavis is the only person that I am unable to harm. Not that I have intentions of harming her," the Demon replied.

"Y'know, that right there has me confused. You're a demon, and yet, instead of spreading mayhem and destruction for the fun of it, you seem to only spread it to protect Mavis. Why is that?" Sky asked. This seemed to have hit home, as the shadowy figure materialized into a human man, with normal, blue eyes, instead of glowing red ones.

"Ladies..... the truth of how I came into being will forever remain unknown, for I came into being for strong feelings of hatred and anger towards those who caused Mavis harm, and equally strong feelings of love, responsibility, and compassion for Mavis," the man explained, his voice sounding broken.

"What is your connection to Mavis, anyhow?" Wanda asked.

PreviousChapters Next