• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 4,242 Views, 167 Comments

A Little Girls Love - darkmage1997



Princess Cadence and Shining Armor find an abandoned scared little human girl while on their way back from an evening out.

  • ...
8
 167
 4,242

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7: A Tour Around Ponyville (Part 2)

Mavis was eyeing the cup of tea that Eliza had made for her with hesitation. Eliza took note of this behavior, and thought she was just waiting for it to cool, "It may be bitter lassie, but it may take your mind of whatever's troubling ya," Eliza said.

"Merci," Mavis said, as she took a small sip of the tea. As Eliza said, it was extremely bitter. Mavis' face contorted with disgust, but it went away quickly, as she began sipping more.

"So, is there anything on why this girl's so reclusive?" Sora asked the others.

"We don't really know. All we know is that she doesn't like getting presents, and can't have excessive amounts of sugar. We only recently found out she doesn't like snakes," Cory replied.

"So, even with Raiden's help, she wouldn't open up?" Leon asked.

"Yeah. Princess Luna went into her memories to try and find out about her past. Whatever it was nearly made her throw up," Conner replied.

"It was that bad?!" Lucas exclaimed.

"Apparently. It must've been so bad, that she couldn't even retell it," Crystal replied. Just then, the others came back.

"Hey kids. No trouble?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Not at all. Eliza gave Mavis some green tea. Speaking of, some odd developments came up," Trinity replied.

"What sort of 'developments'?" Twilight asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"Well, she tripped on a rock and fell on her butt," Kelly started, before being cut off,

"Is she alright?" Fluttershy asked.

"Truth be told, I don't even think she noticed that se tripped. Anyways, when she did that, I could've sworn I heard a metallic clunk sound coming from her right arm," Kelly began.

"On top of that, Zach said that she smelled like sea water, except for her arm, which smelled like machine oil," Josh added.

"That girl just keeps getting more and more mysterious," Twilight commented.

"You should go and take her to get some Pokémon. I'll get her measurements and make a smashing new outfit just for her," Rarity suggested.

"Good call. Maybe Will can suggest some," Twilight said, as she approached Mavis from the front, "Mavis, sweetie, I want to show you another part of town we like visiting," Twilight offered, but from Mavis Point of View, it sounded like Twilight was forcing her into it.

"O-Ok," Mavis replied quietly, not wanting to upset Twilight.

"Don't worry. It's not all that far," Twilight said, as she gingerly took Mavis' hand, and led her out of the guild grounds, "We'll swing by Carousel Boutique on our way back to Sugarcube Corner," Twilight said to her friends, who all nodded, as Twilight and Mavis left.


True to her word, it didn't take very long for Twilight and Mavis to arrive at Will's Ranch, "Here it is Mavis. This is where everyone you've met at the Crystal Empire got a bunch of wonderous pets," Twilight said, as they neared the Ranch House.

"P-princess, is it really ok for us to be here?" Mavis asked timidly.

"Of course. Will is a very nice person. His little sister, Cindy is also quite friendly too," Twilight replied. She wanted to tell Mavis that she didn't need to call Twilight by her title, but chose against it, as, based on Mavis' behavioral patterns, it would be a pointless venture.

"Did I hear my name?" Twilight looked to see Cindy pushing a cart full of Pokémon food, "Hey Twilight," Cindy greeted.

"Hello Cindy. Is your brother home? I'd like to talk to him about something," Twilight asked.

"Yeah, he's right around back," Cindy replied, pointing to the back of the house.

"Thank you," Twilight said, as she and Mavis went around the house. True to Cindy's word, Will was tending to some Grass Pokémon, spraying them with Super Potion.

"Ok guys, that'll do it," Will said, putting the medicine away.

"Thank you, Will," Shiftry said, as the Grass Pokémon took their leave. Will then saw Twilight, leading Mavis along.

"Hey Twilight," Will greeted.

"Hello Will. I see you're busy as always," Twilight commented.

"Yeah. Caring for all of my Pokémon is hard work, but I enjoy it. By the way, whose this little girl?" Mavis hid behind a pillar when Will looked at her.

"This is Mavis. She's new to Equestria," Twilight said, a tone of sadness in her voice. This did not go unnoticed by the Pokémon Master.

"Something wrong?" Will asked.

"See, Mavis is extremely timid, and is showing no signs of opening up to us, not even Cadence or Shining Armor," Twilight replied.

"Hmm, that's not good," Will commented.

"Yes, which is why I brought her here. I was hoping you would have some Pokémon that could make her feel safe," Twilight asked.

"Of course. I've got plenty of Pokémon in the Nursery and on the ranch that could help her," Will replied.

"That's great! What would you recommend?" Twilight asked.

"I'd definitely go with Togepi. It stores happiness in it's shell which it shares with those of pure hearts," Will replied.

"And Mavis fits that description perfectly!" Twilight said.

"As for other Pokémon, maybe some fluffy Pokémon, like Mareep, Swablu, Altaria, and Furfrou. I often take naps on the wings of Altaria or on Mareep's fleece," Will explained.

"What about Pokémon to help her with her fears? She's been showing a large amount of anxiety," Twilight asked.

"Hmm. Maybe I'll give her some Ghost Pokémon too. They don't need a lot of sleep, so they can watch over her when she's sleeping. As for her fears, I'll be sure to add Shuppet into the mix. Shuppet feed off of negative emotions, so she doesn't have to worry about that," Will suggested.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? I remember Ghost Pokémon are pranksters," Twilight asked.

"Don't worry. I'll give them the run down, and tell them to cool it with the pranks," Will replied.

"Well, I'm still not too sure about the Ghost Pokémon, but I'll take your word for it. I'll take Mavis around the ranch to look at the other Pokémon while you get the ones you're giving her. If, that's alright, I mean," Twilight said.

"Not a problem. Just don't wander off too far. It may not take too long for me to get her Pokémon," Will said, as he went off. Twilight then turned to Mavis, who was still hiding.

"Mavis, sweetheart, would you like to take a look at some of the other Pokémon here?" Twilight offered.

"M-Maybe the ones over by the w-water," Mavis replied quietly.

"Of course Mavis," Twilight said, leading Mavis over to the lake habitat, where she showed Mavis all manner of Water Type Pokémon. Mavis sat down on a rock, watching some Water Pokémon swimming around, 'Well, at least now she feels more calm,' Twilight thought. After about a few minutes, Will came back, followed by a bunch of Pokémon, while holding a Togepi.

"Sorry for the wait, but here are her Pokémon," Will said, presenting his choices for Mavis' emotional support Pokémon.

"Mavis, do you want to come and take a look?" Twilight asked carefully. Mavis got up from the rock she was sitting on, and walked over to the Pokémon. They consisted of Togepi, Swablu, Altaria, Mareep, Furfrou, and Shuppet.

"Why don't you hold this one?" Will asked, giving Mavis Togepi. Almost instantly, a warm smile appeared on Mavis' face.

"Il fait tellement chaud," Mavis commented, as Swablu flew onto Mavis' head.

"It probably doesn't need to be said that she loves her new Pokémon," Will commented, as he pulled out a few empty Pokeballs, "Mavis, you'll need these if you want them to be yours," Will said, giving them to the scared girl, "Use them to hold your Pokémon," Will clarified.

"They look rather cramped," Mavis commented.

"Your Pokémon will be shrunk down so they can fit comfortably," Twilight explained. With that, Mavis used the empty Pokeballs on her new emotional support Pokémon. The six Pokeballs clicked shut, signaling that they were now Mavis'.

"Cadence and Shining Armor have meal plans for each of those Pokémon. You can ask them about it later," Will informed.

"Merci," Mavis said, doing a curtsey. She then placed her Pokeballs into her satchel.

"You know Mavis, Rarity should be done with your clothes by now. Why don't we head over to the Boutique?" Twilight suggested.

"Ok," Mavis said quietly. It was clear to the studious alicorn that Mavis was finally beginning to open up, but was still shy.

"Thank you for doing this for her Will," Twilight said.

"Not a problem. Maybe next time she's here, I can teach her how to make special treats for her Pokémon," Will suggested.

"Well, only time will tell," Twilight said, as she led Mavis out of the ranch. unbeknownst to them, a pair of eyes were watching them from the clouds.

"Lightning Dust to HQ, do you read me?" a teal Pegasus mare with an orange mane asked into a little microphone.

"HQ here Lightning. What have you to report?" a snobbish voice asked from the other side.

"The fake princess has just left a ranch run by a human stallion. She seems to be leading a little human filly back into town," Lighting Dust replied.

"Good, just keep an eye on them for now. We'll begin our operation tonight," the voice said.

"Yes, Prince Blueblood," Lightning Dust said, turning off her communicator, "Just you wait, Rainbow Dash, I'll show you what it's like to have your dreams crushed!" she seethed, as she flew off.


En route to Carousel Boutique,

Walking through town, Twilight was leading Mavis back to the Boutique, where she was hoping Mavis' new outfits were ready. Mavis wasn't really paying attention, as she held her Teddy Bear. As she was walking, she once again, tripped over another rock, and fell into a small mud puddle, "Mavis, are you alright?!" Twilight asked, helping the young girl up. Thankfully, only a small spot of her dress was covered in mud.

"Mon dress!" Mavis lamented.

"Don't worry Mavis, I'm sure Rarity will have it cleaned for you," Twilight tried consoling the young girl. Mavis once again looked disheartened by this, hearing that the ponies who were showing her hospitality were doing menial tasks for her. Twilight helped Mavis back up, and gave the young girl her Teddy Bear back. They once again press on, eventually arriving at Carousel Boutique. Twilight knocked on the door. A moment later, Applejack answered the door.

"Howdy Twilight. How'd things go with Will?" Applejack asked.

"Pretty good. Mavis was able to smile when she got a Togepi," Twilight replied.

"Well, that's a step in the right direction," Applejack commented, as she let the two of them in. Mavis looked around, and froze when she saw the human children. But she froze even stiffer when a certain, fluffy cat walked up to her.

"Mavis? Is something wrong?" Twilight asked. Mavis didn't answer.

"Oh good! You've arrived just in time!" Rarity exclaimed, breaking Mavis out of her trance, "Now Mavis, I know you like gothic Lolita, but I think this clothes may prove more comfortable for you to wear, and that they'll feel less constricting," Rarity said, giving Mavis a few sets of clothes.

"Merci," Mavis said.

"Rarity, I know how you feel about Gothic Lolita, but do you think you can clean Mavis' dress?" Twilight asked, motioning to the mud spot on Mavis' dress.

"Of course, darling. Meanwhile, Mavis can take a bath to refresh herself, and try on one of her new outfits!" Rarity gushed. She then turned to her cat, who was pawing at the ribbons on Mavis' dress, "Opal, darling, you run along now," Rarity said to her cat. Opalescence then wandered off, giving Mavis some relief.

"Ok Mavis, if you'll come with me to the bathroom, I'll start up a bath for you," Twilight said.

"Oui, but princess, could I maybe bathe alone?" Mavis asked. This question caught the lavender princess off guard.

"Um, ok, if that's what makes you more comfortable. But I'll be right outside if you need me," Twilight said, leading Mavis to the bathroom. She put some towels she got from Rarity on the counter, before proceeding to start the bath. Twilight made sure the water wasn't too hot or too cold, too deep, "Once you've gotten undressed, you can put your dress outside the door, ok?" Twilight asked.

"Oui," Mavis replied. With that, Twilight exited the bathroom, leaving Mavis to disrobe herself. When she did, Mavis could only look at her metal arm, and feel another pang of sadness and guilt, "I have to do everything I can to hide this, along with my mermaid form," she said quietly, hoping no one was eavesdropping. Mavis then placed her dress outside the door, and walked over to the bathtub. She saw that there was a step stool. She then used it to climb into the bathtub. When her legs were submerged, they turned into a fish tail. She then began to wash herself.


Back with the others,

Rarity had just taken Mavis' Gothic Lolita dress to be washed, "Sounds as though she's bathing now," Rarity commented.

"So, what Pokémon did Will give her?" Vibrant asked.

"He gave Mavis a Togepi to help with her sorrow, a Shuppet for driving away negative emotions, and a Swablu, Altaria, Furfrou, and Mareep, since they're all so fluffy," Twilight replied.

"Those do sound like ideal Pokémon for her," Nathan commented. Twilight was about to say something, when they all heard splashing coming from the bathroom, and the sound of someone falling over.

"Dang it!" they heard Mavis say. Twilight then rushed to the bathroom, and barged in.

"Mavis, are you...." complete shock cut off Twilight at what she saw. Mavis had a fish tail from the hips down, and a mechanical arm. Mavis looked up to see the look of shock on Twilight's face, and only one thing came to Mavis' mind at that very moment.

"Oh non,"

PreviousChapters Next