• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 4,242 Views, 167 Comments

A Little Girls Love - darkmage1997



Princess Cadence and Shining Armor find an abandoned scared little human girl while on their way back from an evening out.

  • ...
8
 167
 4,242

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 12: An offer from The Nymphs

Unlike any previous nightmares she may have had, this dream was completely strange to Mavis, as there was hardly anything there. She was just floating in space, "What could this mean?" she wondered, as she looked around. As she saw several planets and stars, as well as some comets. In the distance, however, she saw something, truly unfitting to the whole space schtick. It looked to be a voluptuous woman with black, starry hair, in a black bikini, similar to the Nymphs that Mavis saw in the mountains. Unlike the other two, she wore a cape that looked similar to Francisco's robes. She approached Mavis slowly, as not to frighten her. Mavis, while she didn't feel threatened, still felt a bit of unease.

"So, you must be that girl that Marina told me about," the Nymph said.

"Who is Marina?" Mavis felt she didn't even need to ask that question.

"Marina is one of my seven sisters, who controls the water. She told me she met some kind of human fish creature," the Nymph replied, "OH! But where are my manners? I am Cosmo, the Space Dream Nymph. I do all my magic in seeing through outer space, as well as peering into the dreams of others," the Nymph introduced.

"Mon name is Mavis," Mavis replied.

"Ah, so good to meet you Mavis. Now, you're probably wondering why I am here in your dreams, correct?" Cosmo asked.

"Oui, not that it is a bad thing," Mavis quickly said.

"Relax young one. I took no offense to it," Cosmo comforted, "As for why I am here, it is to see what kind of a girl you are. Based on what Marina told me, you do appear to be rather lanky and timid. But overall, you are a good candidate," Cosmo commented, examining Mavis.

"'Candidate'? For what?" Mavis asked.

"See, my sisters and I have grown.... how should I put this.... bored of our lifestyle. Not that there's anything wrong with it, mind you. We live natural lives in the mountains. But, it does get rather tiresome doing the same things over and over again. Which is why we want you to be our disciple, a student, so to speak. We want to be gurus to someone," Cosmo explained. Mavis still seemed confused and apprehensive about this.

"Ok, but why moi?" Mavis asked.

"Because, in order to pass on our Light Magic, we must choose someone who is pure of heart, an innocent, to put plainly. Nymph magic is very powerful, on par with Alicorn Magic, only more nature based. Do you get where I'm coming from?" Cosmo asked.

"I guess," Mavis replied, sounding less confused, but was still so.

"And, as a bonus, we'll teach you all of our beauty techniques, so you can have beautiful skin like ours," Cosmo said, stroking her arm, showing how flawless her skin was.

"Ok, but... I am not pure of heart. I caused mon parents to get...." Mavis got choked up with her words. Cosmo knelt down to comfort the young girl.

"It's alright Mavis. I already know about what happened to you," Cosmo said, pulling Mavis into an embrace. Mavis started calming down, but blushed at having her head rest against Cosmo's sizeable chest, making Mavis feel inferior to the Nymph, "You don't have to worry about ever telling anyone about how you came to this world. It is your life, so you make your own decisions," Cosmo soothed.

"Ok," Mavis quietly said.

"And don't ever put yourself down like that. You are plenty pure of heart, since you show exceptional manners, despite your hardships. In fact, there are others who have faced hardships, the same as you," Cosmo added. Mavis looked genuinely surprised, "Now then, the offer still stands if you wish to become our student. If you ever want to take us up on our offer, then we'll be waiting in the mountains," Cosmo said, as she began using her magic to gingerly stir Mavis in her sleep.


Back in Mavis' room,

Mavis sat up in her bed, looking all around, seeing that she was still in her own bedroom in the Crystal Palace. Mavis began pondering the conversation that she had with Cosmo, "I know Princess Celestia said that Nymphs should be avoided, but those Nymphs seemed too nice to be anything like what she said," Mavis said to herself, getting out of bed, "I wish I knew what I should do next," Mavis said quietly. As she paced around her room, she accidently slipped into the pool. She then resurfaced, "I should watch where I am going," Mavis commented, as she swam around the pool. She dove under water, and decided to check out the big tank Francisco provided. She found the tunnel near the bottom, and swam through it. She got to the other side, where she swam up. Once inside, she was in awe at the aquarium. There were quite a few coral formations, that Mavis could tell instantly were fake. She also saw some kelp, which, to her dismay, were also fake, "I was hoping for a little snack," Mavis commented, as she continued swimming around. There were a few aquarium lights, to help keep her from getting lost, but other than that, there was hardly anything there. Deciding she wanted to know more about the Nymphs, Mavis swam back through the tunnel, and resurfaced in the pool.

"Taking a little dip, Mavis?" Furfrou asked.

"Oui. Could one of you be a dear, and get me towel, S'il vous plait?" Mavis asked. Mareep came in with a large towel, allowing Mavis to dry herself off, reverting back to human form, "Merci," Mavis said, as Swablu perched himself on Mavis' head. Altaria opened the door, and they all left. Stepping outside, Mavis and her Pokémon saw Nathan walking towards them.

"Up already?" Nathan asked.

"Oui. Nathan, does this palace have some kind of library? I want to look up information on Nymphs," Mavis asked.

"Yeah, there's a library. The Royal Crystal Empire Library is practically a treasure trove of ancient books," the Texas boy replied, leading towards the Library, "By the way, why do ya want to look up Nymphs?" Nathan asked.

"Uh... well.... I want to know more about the ones in the mountains," Mavis replied, as they arrived at the Library.

"Well, that's all well an' good an' everything, but don't ya goin' on some crazy adventure on yer own. Them mountains can be treacherous if ya ain't careful," Nathan said, as he pull up the index book, "Ok, Nymphs, Nymphs.... here we go! Section N 16, third shelf," Nathan said, as he led Mavis and her Pokémon towards the aforementioned bookcase, "Now then, it should be 'round here some place," Nathan commented, before eyeing a book that said "Nymphs: Mysterious Pixie Creatures" "Ah, this must be it," Nathan flew up to pull the book of the shelf. Thankfully, it wasn't a terribly big book. He landed, and gave it to Mavis, "Will ya be alright readin' this?" Nathan asked.

"Oui. Merci beaucoup," Mavis thanked. With that, Nathan took off else where, as Mavis opened the book.

"Nymphs: Typically found in any untouched natural lands, these fairy like creatures are shrouded in complete mystery. The Nymphs are an all female race, that often live in groups of eight sisters, who all work to keep their presence hidden. They very rarely show themselves to ponies or humans, as a means of keeping their Light Magic out of the reach of evil," the book said. Mavis continued reading, and found several fascinating facts about Nymphs. The group of Nymphs that lived in the mountains near the Crystal Empire are the most powerful of all Nymph kind, and went into hiding when a unicorn named "Sombra" came into power. Mavis tired to continue reading, but all the terms in the book were too advanced for someone of her age, and her eyes were getting tired.

"C'mon Mavis, we should go get you at least some fruit to eat," Mareep suggested. Mavis nodded, and put the book on a nearby pile.

"I can keep reading later," Mavis commented, as they went on to get some snacks. All the while, Mavis couldn't help but consider what Cosmo had offered her. But Mavis knew she had to tackle one task at a time. First and foremost was the adoption that Cadence had offered. As she was thinking, she tripped, and almost fell on a magazine.

"Careful Mavis. Are you alright?" Furfrou asked, supporting his caretaker.

"Oui, but what did I trip on?" Mavis questioned, looking back. She saw a magazine about renting homes for the first time, "What's this doing here?" Mavis wondered, as she opened it up. She saw articles about how everyone who moves into a new home for the first time should always pay rent. Mavis seemed perplexed about this, but reading more into the article, she saw that any who fail to pay rent on time were kicked out of their homes. This caused some bit of concern. She wondered if she needed to pay rent to live in the Crystal Palace. Her thoughts were interrupted by Mareep nudging her.

"C'mon Mavis, you've read plenty in that first book," Mareep said, as he pushed Mavis out of the library. Mavis still wondered about that article, but as she thought before, she needed to handle one problem at a time.

PreviousChapters Next