• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 4,242 Views, 167 Comments

A Little Girls Love - darkmage1997



Princess Cadence and Shining Armor find an abandoned scared little human girl while on their way back from an evening out.

  • ...
8
 167
 4,242

PreviousChapters Next
Original Plot Chapter 4

Mavis was not feeling safe or happy at the slightest. The train ride that Cadence and Shining Armor "forced" her into taking to Ponyville was making her more and more scared by the second. To her, she was being made to go to the small town, as not to incur the wrath of the princesses. She felt so helpless, as she clutched her patchwork Teddy Bear, wanting whatever torture she thought the ponies were going to put her through to be done and over with. The Mane Six and the Crystal Couple could see that Mavis was feeling scared, but they were unsure about how to help her, "Something must've really traumatized her, if she's keeping her distance from us this long," Twilight commented.

"I hate to even suggest it, but do you think she had an encounter with the Demon Bus?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"It's a possibility. She's so young, that just about anything can be scary," Cadence replied.

"That, I can understand, but an actual Demon? This is something that no child should live in fear of," Twilight replied.

"What about how we're going to deal with the Ghost? Have you figured out a way to get rid of it?" Spike questioned.

"I'm no expert on the supernatural, but there is one thing I do know about ghosts. And that is the fact that they only linger in the world of the living because of some unfinished business," Twilight replied.

"But we don't know if this thing has any unfinished business or is just haunting Equestria for the heck of it! How are you going to help it find peace, ask it why it's haunting the kingdom?" Rainbow Dash asked, in a mocking, joking manner.

"That's... not actually a bad idea. Maybe if we can try to get the ghost to tell us about how it came into being, we can try to help resolve it's unfinished business," Twilight replied. Rainbow Dash was just as shocked as the others. She was just joking around, but wasn't expecting to be the one to find the best possible way to get rid of the ghost.

"I-I don't know. The way that human made it sound, this ghost must be really scary," Fluttershy commented quietly.

"I agree, but we have to be brave, for the sake of Equestria," Twilight tried to comfort the shyest member of the group. Mavis could hear their conversation, and couldn't help feeling bad.

'They're not going to be able to do it. No one who has ever faced the Demon Bus has ever lived to tell the tale,' she thought, as the train came to a stop. Looking out the window, she saw that the train had stopped at a small village, at the base of the mountain Canterlot was located.

"Come along, Mavis. There's so much we want to show you," Cadence said, making the girl flinch.

"R-Right away," Mavis complied, not wanting to anger Cadence. With that, Mavis braced herself for the "torture" the adults had planned for her, as they exited the train car. Once outside the train station, the group was surrounded by a swarm of reporters, wanting to know how the Princess meeting regarding the Ghost issue. Mavis, feeling overwhelmed, hid herself within the circle, clutching her teddy bear closely.

"QUIET!" Twilight boomed, making Mavis cower, "Look, we have an idea on how we can deal with this ghost issue, but we need time to work out the details," Twilight said, as she and the group forced their way through the crowd. One of the reporters caught a glimpse of Mavis, and soon began following the group in secret, thinking that she might be involved with the ghost.

"Ok Mavis, our first stop on our itinerary will be Carousel Boutique, where we can get you some more clothes, ok?" Cadence asked the young girl, who, once again flinched, but nodded, not saying anything, as she followed the adults to the Boutique. Entering the Boutique, Rarity ushered Mavis over to the measuring area.

"Ok Mavis, just hold still, while I gather the necessary measurements," Rarity requested. Mavis complied, and stood as stiff as a statue. Rarity soon gathered the measurements for how long Mavis' outfits should be, when she then needed to move on to her arm length, "Mavis, could you be a dear and extend your arms for me, please?" Rarity asked. Mavis felt really awkward about this whole thing, "Ok, that will do," Mavis was able to relax herself as Rarity finished measuring her arms. Picking up her Teddy Bear, Mavis stepped out of the measuring area, "I'll have her dresses ready by this evening," Rarity said, as she went to work.

"Let's meet up back at my castle," Twilight suggested.

"Marvelous idea, Twilight. I'll see you then," Rarity said, as they all exited the boutique.

"Since Mavis doesn't want any treats, maybe we should skip Sugarcube Corner this time," Cadence suggested. Mavis tensed up. By the sounds of it, this 'Sugarcube Corner' was a popular hangout spot the adults liked visiting, and she felt she was keeping them from something they liked. This made Mavis more uneasy, as they continued onward.


Meanwhile, on the outskirts of Ponyville,

While the Mane Six and Crystal Couple were showing Mavis around Ponyville, the presence of the Demon Bus could be felt within the thicket of the forbidden Everfree Forest, "Ah, so it would seem that trustworthy individuals have taken Mavis into their care. How interesting. Perhaps a meeting with them later tonight should be in order," the Demon Bus said in it's eerie voice, as the presence vanished.

PreviousChapters Next