• Published 27th Jul 2014
  • 978 Views, 10 Comments

Spiked - Wake N Bake



Nothing can go wrong at a barn party. There is no harm in a drink, is there? What if that one drink reveals hidden desires? How should a pony deal with them?

  • ...
6
 10
 978

Ch 5: The End?

"Discord," Celestia said. "I was foolish to not realize this sooner."

"Ah geez," Spike murmured. "If what Celestia says is true, I'm too drunk for Discord right now."

"Indeed you are my fine flustered friends," Discord sang. "And so am I. Drunk off of the delightful antics from tonight's soiree! I didn't think Princess Luna would fall for it though. Maybe she wouldn't have, if a certain alicorn mentioned to her about Apple Wine and Crystal magic."

"She didn't need to know. Nopony needed to know."

"Why of course, dearest Celestia. Nopony needed to know about Apple Wine. After all, you know best about the effects it can have on a pony."

"Celestia," Luna asked. "What is he talking about?"

"Oooh, oooh," Discord said raising his hand like a student with the answer. "I can tell you the answer to that question, teacher!"

"Discord, please," Celestia pleaded.

"Fine," Discord agreed. "If that's how you feel about it, I won't say anything."

Celestia sighed in relief knowing that Discord dropped the subject. But then he snapped his fingers and a large display appeared. He opened his eyes wide and beams of light shot out from them reflecting images on the display like a projector.

"DISCORD!" Celestia shouted.

"What?" Discord said. "I won't say anything but I can't stop them from seeing what I saw earlier this week."

Images of Discord's point of view were shown. He broke into Celestia's room and picked up an open book that was on her desk. It was her personal diary. He goes back to the time after she banished Luna to the moon. Celestia had enough of Discord's shenanigans and shot a beam of magic at him. Luna, who was intrigued by what she was about to see, deflected the beam. All of the ponies witnessed logs about Celestia succumbing to a dependency on alcohol and other embarrassing thoughts such as a romantic infatuation with Princess Cadence's father, nightly visits from foreign stallions, and needless punishments on several ponies in Equestria. There were mentions of reckless expenditures such as hundreds of barrels of Apple Wine and commissions for marble statues of Princess Luna which she would destroy herself during her drunken rampages. She overcame her alcoholism a century before she met Twilight.

"Sister, is this all true?" Princess Luna asked with tears in her eyes.

"I'm afraid so," Celestia woefully responded. "Banishing you to the moon put me in a bad way. I needed a crutch. An old pony from Appleloosa invented the apple brew and it became popular all over Equestria. Alcohol became my crutch. It was the most shameful chapter of my life, which brought along so much pain and suffering for me and sometimes others. I began writing the diary to help me put things in perspective. After a while I misplaced it. I just found it this week in our library. I burned that entire diary in an effort to forget it and that no other pony would know my deep dark secret but it would seem I was too late in doing so."

"Well, excuse me, Celestia," said Discord as he walked over to her. "I was curious as to why Apple Wine was banished. I heard about it from an old 'friend' of ours I visited to tease who begged for a mug to help pass his time in Tartarus. It piqued my interest! I could not find a record of it. I knew if I'd asked you about it you would've mistaken my motives. SO I took it upon myself to do the research and after much trial and error I winged a batch. Probably not the best wine but it was potent enough to do the trick! I do enjoy a good drink and a laugh. You know that. But I'm glad I got a chance to see that. It was painful knowing that an old friend of mine suffered so much in my absence. I thought that if I got you to see good friends enjoying Apple Wine together, perhaps you might reconsider bringing it back."

"Wait," said Twilight. "You knew all of this would happen? You knew I would play a trick on Princess Celestia?"

"Oh, no. I was going to convince her to come see all of you at the party. But the turn of events happened so that I wouldn't have to. Ah, the magic of fun and Apple Wine!"

"How did you know we were at a party? Were you following us?"

"Oh but of course, you silly filly! I was floating above you the whole time. I did in fact orchestrate these events after all."

"How?"

"How? Why it was I who gave Pinkie the idea for a barn party. While she was sleeping I whispered the idea to her. It was I who sent the Crystal Punch Bowl to dear Rarity just in time for the party. I knew the generous pony would love to share the first use of it with her friends. Oh, and it was I who placed the bottle of Apple Wine next to Spike while he was preparing the punch. I had a bottle of crystallized Apple Wine already prepared. I just needed him to add it. I made it myself. Extra potent stuff! Over the course of the party I discreetly kept adding more to the bowl. Pretty sneaky of me, wouldn't you agree?"

"Sneakier than a…" started Applejack. "Um, sneakier than a...well, ah got nothin'."

Everypony laughed at Applejack.

"Well, I did have lots of fun tonight," said Twilight.

"MEEEE TWO!" yelled Pinkie Pie.

"Ah reckon ah had me some fun, too," Applejack concurred.

All the ponies nodded and agreed with each other.

"And this was my only intention, Princesses," Discord said. "More nights can be like this. And if word of mouth doesn't quite get you on board, then take a look at tonight's events on the screen."

All of the ponies sat and watched discord's makeshift home movie of tonight's events. Everypony laughed at each of their drunken adventures. Discord even shared his last bottle of Apple Wine while watching. Even Princess Celestia drank and laughed and shared in the merriment. It was a fun filled night.

The next day Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadence, and Princess Twilight came together to decree that the manufacturing and production of alcohol was now legal and regulated. Apple Acres erected a distillery on the property and now produces alcoholic apple beverages like Apple Ale, Apple Wine, Apple Whiskey, and Apple Vodka. Their business quadrupled since then. They sponsor every public event in Equestria.

Crime has risen to extraordinary heights. Prisons were built to house criminals and public offenders. More buildings were built in Ponyville including skyscrapers. A factory was built behind Rarity's house when she decided to introduce a clothing brand inspired by Apple Wine. She called it Apple Blossom. The factory was able to mass produce clothing. It is a very popular brand but her factory causes smog while in operation.

Twilight finally learned how to master dark magic. One day she accidentally injured Spike. He suffered a broken leg. He would forever walk with a limp. She has not used dark magic since then. She does not talk to Princess Luna much.

Fluttershy has seen a decrease in animal life near Ponyville. She built a sanctuary for animals not too far from Ponyville to avoid the polluted air and water. It did little to stop the pollution related deaths. She has never seen so many deaths in so little time.

Pinkie Pie has become a socialite. She is at every party that is thrown in Ponyville. The parties have grown to be more rough and risqué since alcohol was legalized. Parting was all she seemed to do. She met many different ponies, some of which were Pixie Dust sniffers. Pinkie was exposed to it and became addicted. She checks in and out of rehab frequently.

Rainbow Dash became an all-star athlete after joining the Wonder Bolts. Her picture is on cereal boxes and energy drinks. She even sometimes models for Rarity's clothing line. She has many endorsements. But she became the victim of prejudice when she announced after winning a Cloudsdale race that she intended to marry her girlfriend, Applejack. Her endorsements were pulled and she was removed from the Wonder Bolts roster for the remainder of their season. She and Applejack remain engaged.

Princess Celestia now conquers new lands along side Princess Luna and Cadence. Equestria has expanded twofold. The expansion ignited the formation of the Celestial Alliance, a royal federation acting on the behalf of Equestria for the sake of Equestria. Their motives are often seen as excessive and borderline tyrannical.

Discord ravishes in the utter chaos he brought forth. He has prepared to go back in time to stop this from ever happening, on that fateful night. This was his third time using a time spell to correct a great unbalance that he caused. Once he has perfected his next plan, he will go back in time and stop Spike from spiking the punch.

Author's Note:

Hey, whatcha think? I do want to thank everyone for reading. This is my first MLP Fanfic and I plan to do another. Stay tuned.

***Edit 12-14-14***
Okay so I took the opportunity to reread my story here and I noticed I had a few errors but this last chapter was AWFUL! There was a big plot hole there among other errors. So I touched it up. Hopefully I'll take the time to catch these errors in my next story instead of hastily posting it. Proofreading is will save your life!

Comments ( 4 )

4769741 Lol I'm not new to this!

Thank you for all of the comments. You all are too kind!

Discord goes back in time, Rarity gets Spiked instead of the punch .:raritystarry::moustache::twilightoops::rainbowlaugh::pinkiehappy::yay::ajsmug:

Login or register to comment