• Published 11th Jul 2014
  • 15,891 Views, 408 Comments

Becoming one with the Moon - ParaNomaly



This vast universe of ours is filled with countless wonders, opportunities, and scientific miracles. Two humans, oblivious to such things, will soon come face to face with things far beyond their comprehension.

  • ...
73
 408
 15,891

Chapter 13

We spent a good thirty minutes flying towards the horse town. I didn’t have much to do during that time, but the view from that height was fantastic, just like the last time I was in one of those flying deathtraps. A flying wet noodle would be safer than this thing for Christ’s sake!

Not that these ponies listen to my criticism of their poorly designed vehicles, I’ve tried to tell the two guards flying this thing that we would be better off taking the damn train, which I saw on the way down the mountain might I add. But they either shrugged or repeated themselves over and over again about how it’s safer than taking the train. I eventually stopped annoying them about it and kept quiet for the most part, Apart from the occasional comment on something off in the distance.

You would figure that being an exact copy of one of their leaders would get them at least act interested, but apparently, that isn't the case with these two. Unfortunate really, I wanted to fuck with them a bit more, but that idea got thrown out the window pretty quickly.

"I wish I had some aspirin right now.." I muttered to myself as I rubbed my forehead, feeling a headache coming on from all the bullshit that I've had to deal with during the past few days.

After a few minutes of me trying to calm my headache down, I sighed and just leaned into my right hoof, letting it support my head as I looked out from the side of the 'chariot' down to the ground below. We were already nearing Ponyville thankfully, judging by the increased activity on the roads that probably led in and out of the small town. I could see numerous large carts filled with goods, and even more ponies walking along side them, trade caravans maybe? Not gonna lie, that sounded like my cup of tea.

Ugh, speaking about cups and teas, I hadn't taken my daily dose of coffee. Normally I would get really asshole-y without any of my sweet black liquid for that long, but I honestly don't feel any of that at the moment now, Though I'm willing to bet that it's my sexy new body. The more I get to know it, the better it seems compared to my old human one.

And yes, I technically just called myself sexy, but I would look hot in any body, human or alien.

..

Listen, I've never had a girlfriend okay? Lay off.


Ahem, moving on...

The chariot started descending at a more rapid pace as we neared our destination, out of pure reflex I quickly gripped the side and the seat of the chariot with my hooves and tensed up slightly, thankfully I caught myself before I went a step further and looked around carefully, slowly removing my hooves from their previous locations.

"Good, nobody saw that..."

Unfortunately for me, just as I relaxed from my previous little incident, the chariot touched down rather hard in front of Twilight's library, which caused me to jump in my seat and let out a couple of curse words as the chariot slid to a stop right in front of the door. I shook my head and sighed as I carefully got out of the chariot and took a few steps back.


"Hey! Are you two going to wait here or what?" I called out to the guards up front, to which they both only looked at each other for a second, and nodded at me before turning their heads back forward and resuming their statue-like pose, standing completely still.

"Okay, I'll take that as a yes.." I murmured as I made my way around the chariot and towards the entrance of the library.

I started hearing voices coming from inside as I got nearer, although I could not tell what was actually being said, I could identify three of the voices belonging to Twilight, one that sounded strangely like Celestia, and Spike. Now the former and the latter didn't really come as a surprise, but the one that sounded like Celestia sure as hell did.

"Oh great, did someone get wrapped up in this shitstorm too?" I groaned as I stood in front of the door and leaned forward, pressing my ear against it in hopes of being able to understand what they're saying.

"So y..u are fr.."

"Ye..h, ho.. d.."

"Fuck, I still can't hear them.."I cursed under my breath and took a few steps away from the door. I really wanted to see what was happening in there, but alas, I was hesitant to go in. You ever had that feeling of anxiety when you need to confront someone? That was basically what I was feeling at that point. And let me tell you, it sucks major dicks.

"Fuck it, time to man up. Or is it mare up..? Gah, fuck that too." I grumbled as I raised my hoof and knocked on the door.

Almost immediately, the sounds coming from inside stopped for a few seconds. Just as I was about to knock again, I heard the voice of Twilight call out from inside.

"Who is it?" She called out with a raised voice, loud enough for me to hear her.

"Er... It's me, Twilight. You sent a message to Celestia about someone else coming to your library or something?"


"Oh, David. Come in!" She replied as the door was suddenly enveloped in a purple aura and swung open. I carefully took a few steps inside and looked towards the center, and boy let me tell you, I wasn't expecting what I saw next.

Twilight was sitting in a chair opposite to the couch, and Spike was sitting on the stairs reading a magazine of some sort. But that wasn't what surprised me. What did surprise me was fucking Celestia laying on the couch. It took me a full second to realise that it was most likely another person in the same situation as mine. And it took me two to notice that they were all staring at me now.

"God, this is just like the first time I came into a room and became the center of attention..." I thought to myself as I forced a smile. blatantly so might I add.

Before anyone else could say anything, 'Celestia' suddenly sat up and looked at Twilight.

"Wait, did you just say David?" She asked Twilight, who was somewhat startled by her sudden outburst.

"Uh... Yeah, why?" She nervously responded as she looked at her and me.

'Celestia' nods and turns her attention to me and narrows her eyes, making me even more uncomfortable.

"Cheers, big fella." She said in a stern voice, making me raise an eyebrow for a quick second before the realization dawned on me, causing my eyes to go wide.

"No way..." I thought to myself, that was our passcode...

"You're a champion, Sonny," I replied, somewhat doubtful that this is him. Not sure why considering the amount of crazy shit that has been happening these past few days.

Before I could react, she suddenly ran up to be and gave me the biggest bear hug I've ever experienced. I'm surprised my ribs didn't break.

"It IS you! Holy shit David, what the fuck happened?!"

"Carl? Jesus Christ... Let me go! I can't breathe!" I squealed as I struggled to get free.

She let go of me and fell back down on all fours, which caused me to fall back and land on my ass.

"Oh, sorry.. heh." She sheepishly apologized as rubbed the back of her neck.

I greedily sucked all the air my lungs could hold for a few seconds as I sat there, hoof at my chest. "Fuck. A little more and you probably break me in half." I breathed out as I slowly stood up, still slightly out of air.

"How the hell did you end up here?" He... she asked as she glanced back at Twilight, who was still sitting there with her somewhat adorable confused expression.

"Honestly, I could ask you the same thing. All I remember was me getting into a car crash and waking up like this... Plus me trying to get back to our apartment, but that's a whole nother story." I explained to her as I leaned slightly to the left and gazed around the room for a quick second.

"What about you?" I asked her as I looked back to her.

"Well, I don't exactly remember very much after it all happened... But from what I can scrape together I think it involved a car crash... I remember the sounds of sirens and... Gunfire?" She replied as she brought a hoof up to her chin and tapped it as if she was in deep thought.

"That... Damn, and I thought my thing was bad, yours sounded like you were in some crime show."

"I'm not quite sure... It's like I remember this happening, yet it felt more like a dream than anything else." She remarked and stepped back, allowing me access to the room.

"But anyways, come in! We were in the middle of sharing stories about rainbows and sunshine!"

"We were?" Spike's voice echoed throughout the room as he looked up from his magazine, his face turning into one of confusion, much like Twilight's.

'Celestia,' Or should I say, Carl? Ah, fuck it. Carl simply puts one of 'her' hooves up to her mouth. "Shhh, he doesn't know that.."

"I'm right here, you know."

"And I said 'he,' And you're not a 'he,' now are you?"

"Fuck you."

She suppressed a chuckle and patted the top of my head, which given her considerable size compared to me, was like patting a dog on the head. "She won't be letting this height thing go.. Even if she hasn't mentioned it yet, I bet my fucking ass It will come up within the next few days." I grimly thought to myself as I swatted her hoof away and glared at her, which only caused her to smirk. Evil bastard.

"Come on, stop acting like a baby and socialize for once."

"But I... Ugh, fuck you."

"I love you too."

I just responded with another glare, which she brushed off and turned around, walking back towards the couch she was previously at. I followed suit, sitting right next to her, but leaving some empty space between us, just in case she tries anything it will at least give me some room to react.

Our attention was brought back to Twilight as she cleared her throat and looked at both of us, an awkward smile on her face.

"So... Uh, what were saying?" She asked as she turned her attention to Carl.

"Oh, yeah... What was I saying again?"

"I always knew you had Alzheimer's," I said as I leaned back and smirked as she snarled at me. Not surprising considering how we were horses as of a few days ago.

"Shut it, you and I both know how many times you forgot to feed the fish, and they died because of you." She added.

"What?! Those were your fish! not my fucking fish! You were the one who had to feed the things, not me!" I argued.

"You could have at least reminded me!"

I opened my mouth to refute Carl's bullshit, but before I could get a word out I heard Twilight cleared her throat once again, gaining our attention.

"If I recall correctly, you were talking about something along the lines of how you stumbled onto my library?" She asked as she picked up a notepad and a quill that were on the armrest of the wooden chair.

"Ah, right. Well, As I said previously, I kind of suddenly appeared in the middle of the town during the night and found this place after like, an hour of me walking around." Carl explained as she turned her attention to Twilight, either forgetting or deciding to ignore our little argument for now.

"You arrived in the middle of the town? Lucky you. I got dumped in the midst of a fuck-this-shit forest with no sense of direction." I grumbled.

"That brings up a question. What exactly brought us here? Seeing as what happened to us before arriving here match up with one another, maybe there's a reason as to why we both got teleported through dimensions instead of coincidence. Not to mention the fact that we are... Exact copies of the leaders of this place?" I theorized as my eyes shifted between Carl and Twilight, the latter which had been writing different things down before I had even begun talking.

"Wait, did you just say we're copies of some leaders?" Carl asked as she looked at me with slight confusion.

"Yeah, Princesses," I responded.

"Holy shit, are you saying that we're Princesses?"

"No, just copies of the original ones."

"Pfft, so? When you print out a copy of a newspaper, it's still done, and has the same things."

"Carl, how special are you?" I hissed at her.

"Special enough to fuck with you." She replied with a smirk.

I glared at her for a couple of seconds before turning my attention back to Twilight, not bothering to reply to Carl anymore.

"Twilight, what exactly have you been writing this entire time?" I asked her, slightly intrigued.

"Just taking notes on the whole situation. Although your theory did sound plausible enough, it must take a being of immense power to not only bring you through a different dimension but to also but you into the bodies of some of the most powerful magical beings in Equestria! The only thing I could think that would come close are the Elements of Harmony, but I'm positive they weren't the cause.." She mused as she set her notepad down and looked at me, the quill now floating next to her head.


"Do these 'Elements of Harmony' have some counterpart? Maybe someone or something used them to bring us here." Carl added.

"Not that I know of. Although unlikely, I guess we shouldn't rule it out, there is still a lot of unknown things out there." Twilight responded as she moved to get up, but before she could, Spike's voice reached our ears.

"Uh, Twilight? Was it supposed to rain today?" Spike called out as he looked out a window positioned near the stairs, right next to him.

Twilight raised her eyebrow slightly and looked towards the general direction of Spike.

"Not that I'm aware of. Why?" She asked as she walked towards one of the larger windows to the right of the door.

"Because it's raining, and the rain is.. brown? Like chocolate!" Spike exclaimed as he pointed out the window, towards the outside.

I tilted my head slightly to the side and looked at Carl, who merely shrugged.

I shook my head and got up, making my way around the couch and walked over to Twilight, who was looking out the window with another one of her adorable confused expressions. I followed her gaze to the outside and found out the reason for her confusion.

"Hold on, is that... Chocolate rain?"

Author's Note: