• Published 11th Jul 2014
  • 15,891 Views, 408 Comments

Becoming one with the Moon - ParaNomaly



This vast universe of ours is filled with countless wonders, opportunities, and scientific miracles. Two humans, oblivious to such things, will soon come face to face with things far beyond their comprehension.

  • ...
73
 408
 15,891

Chapter 1

The first thing I noticed when I awoke was the fact that I was lying over fifteen yards away from my car. The second thing I noticed was that I was on top of a small hill in the middle of a large, open field. At first, I wondered how I could have flown right out of my car's windshield, and I had landed here; I distinctly remembered that I was wearing my seatbelt and I couldn’t have been ejected. But I finally noticed the large track coming from my ruined car’s driver side door.

"Huh." I thought as I looked around, "Did… someone drag me out of my car here and leave me here?" I began to scan the area, searching for the person that must have pulled me out of my seat and left me to die here.

That was when I noticed another unusual thing. "Wait… why the hell am I not in any pain? I just crashed my car, for fuck’s sake!" I tried to stand up but fell flat on my face. Grunting in pain as I picked myself up off the ground, I lifted a hand up to my nose. To my surprise, it wasn't a hand that came into view. It was a hoof, a fucking midnight blue hoof! Panicking, I jerked away from the foreign appendage, trying to get away from whatever creature that must have been near me. I stopped moving when I finally realized that the hoof was attached to my body.

"What the fu-" I snapped my mouth shut as soon as I heard my voice; It didn't sound like me at all! In fact, it sounded incredibly feminine, completely different than my normal voice. As I began to inspect my body, I noticed something very wrong. I was a small, blue horse.

I was completely covered in a midnight blue coat, the same color as the hoof I saw before. I noticed a few other new things as well, two feathery wings on my back, a long and spiraled horn coming from the center of my forehead, and a longer nose than I had before! Taking a few deep breaths, I looked around some more and tried to stand up. After the first few failed attempts I managed to stand up on all four- err, hooves. Now came the real challenge: walking.

As soon as I took my first shaky step, I lost my balance and tumbled down the small hill. I rolled for a few seconds before landing on my now elongated face with my mouth open. "This is going to take some time to get used to..." I muttered before spitting some dirt and plant matter out of my mouth. "What the hell am I supposed to do now?" I stood up again, this time with little trouble. Maybe I can try to get home; it's only like, a ten-minute walk from here." I thought as I tried to take a step. Thankfully, the ground was more level, and I didn't fall this time. I stumbled forward a few steps and slowly made my way to my car. After I finally made it back to the driver’s seat I began looking for my phone, after a few minutes of searching I found it, broken with the small screen shattered beyond usability. With a sigh, I made my way around my ruined car and began walking down the street, in the direction of my home.

Thankfully for my current situation, traffic was light and very few cars passed by as I made my way back into town, hiding back in the trees when the occasional car drove by. I stopped at the treeline to think about my next problem. My apartment was almost right in the middle of town; normally I wouldn’t have a problem walking there, but due to the current situation of me being a weird unicorn/pegasus thing, walking casually through town was out of the question.

"What the fuck am I supposed to do? Maybe if I... stay behind buildings and off of the main streets no one will notice me." Satisfied with my foolproof plan, I began walking to the nearest empty side street. Luckily, since it was night out, there was no one out to notice me as I hid in whatever alleys I could as I made my way back home.
"Okay, this should work... Nothing can go wrong with this plan!"

I began to slowly walk in and out of the small streets that separated the buildings and had few lights, after about ten minutes of walking I decided to peek around a corner and see how far I had made it.

"This is going to take a while..." I sighed out as I turned back into the alley to resume my painfully slow method of sneaking. It turns out that I had only traveled about three hundred meters from where I had begun.

"For fuck's sake! If I knew it was going to take this long, I would h- wait a minute... What's that?” I said as I decided to investigate the strange noise, walking towards a hidden corner. ”It sounded like it came from over here" Once I was on the other side of the narrow street I could clearly hear the distinct sound of someone crying.

"What the hell…?" I whispered as I slowly peeked around the corner of a dumpster and saw a young woman being pinned to the wall by a guy with what looked like a large kitchen knife. I quickly pulled my head back, and my thoughts started to race.

"Ohshithshitohshitohshit! What the hell do I do!? I can’t just walk up to them! They would run off and tell people about me!” I started to panic, if I helped the girl she would tell people that a little blue horse just saved her life!

"Wait… Who would the hell believe that?" With that final thought, I lowered myself into a sneaking stance so that I could go unnoticed until it was too late. I stopped just about ten feet behind them and prepared myself. I was honestly amazed that they hadn’t noticed me by now, probably because they were busy with a mugging.

So without delaying myself any further, I pounced.