• Published 11th Jul 2014
  • 15,943 Views, 408 Comments

Becoming one with the Moon - ParaNomaly



This vast universe of ours is filled with countless wonders, opportunities, and scientific miracles. Two humans, oblivious to such things, will soon come face to face with things far beyond their comprehension.

  • ...
73
 408
 15,943

Chapter 2

Now, I’ve had some dumb ideas in my life, did a few things I’m not exactly proud of. But jumping a mugger to save someone I’ve never met, and probably will never meet again? Yeah, certainly not one of my brightest moments in my boring, yet strange life.



I collided with the mugger and sent us both tumbling to the ground, as soon as I hit the ground wrapped I a foreleg around his neck and held with tight enough to restrain him from escaping, but not enough to actually hurt him, I could have just easily snapped his neck and be done with it, but considering that the girl was still here, that wouldn’t be a good idea, so I settled with the next best option, to stop the oxygen flow to his head.



He struggled for a few minutes before falling limp, After a few seconds I let go of him and stood up with a sigh, I looked around to see if I could spot the girl, but it looked like she ran away while I was choking that guy, oh well, I don’t blame her, I would have done the same thing in her position.



I walked out of the alley, making sure there was no one around, I quietly stuck to the shadows as I resumed my trip to my apartment.


“there it is! Get it!” Someone shouted behind me as I ran past buildings, ‘ So much for going unnoticed! ‘I mentally screamed to myself as I desperately tried to lose my pursuers as I turned corners, jumped over fences, and threw things at them, hoping to stall them enough for me to get away.



“ Come here you freak of nature!” One of them shouted again as they chased me through some abandoned apartments, Now, you’re probably wondering HOW I managed to fuck up so badly that a group of thugs is chasing me, Well, it’s…..A not-so-long yet complicated story, remember that mugger I knocked out? well, said mugger had friends and said friends were NOT happy that I knocked out their friend.



I continued running for what seemed like hours, I look behind me and saw that most have either fallen behind or simply gave up, strange… Oh well, I’m not complaining.



“Oh fuck…This was not what I expected!” I said as I rounded a corner and kept sprinting, I looked back again and noticed they still haven’t gone around the corner, But I can still hear them shouting though.



“ Damn…. For a second, I thought I got away from the fuckers….” I muttered as I look around for a place to hide, and sure enough, there was a wide open dumpster to the far right of what looked like an old abandoned warehouse, as soon as I got within jumping range, I hopped in the dumpster, which was surprisingly empty, for some odd reason, and quickly closed the top, hoping that the thugs didn’t hear the sound of said top closing.



“Wait, where is it!? I swear I saw it turn that corner! “ A thug, probably around the ages of 20, said.



“ Don’t you give me that bullshit kid! The boss is gonna have our heads for this you dipshit!” And older sounding one replied.



The argument continued for a few minutes before I heard them leave, with a sigh, I rested my back against the side of the dumpster and started slightly hyperventilating.



“Jesus fucking Christ…. This is not how I wanted to spend my Saturday morning… I was supposed to relax, maybe own some noobs in battlefield… Not getting chased through an alley as a deformed horse thing… Fuck! “ I screamed out in frustration as I punched the side of the dumpster, expecting my han-…hoof to hurt, but instead of pain, I was presented with a fucking hole, I had literally punched a hole through fucking steal, I probably shouldn't have been surprised, considering all the crazy shit that was gone down this past few ours, but It did Surprise me, hell, Surprised is more of an understatement.



“H-holy fucking baby Jesus on a stick…..” I said in total wonder as I switched between the hole and my hoof with eyes as wide as dinner plates.



“ I….I fucking did that? What am I? fucking superman of something?” I said with total confusion as I slowly retracted my hoof from the gaping hole.



“This day is full of surprises……” I quietly muttered to myself as I shook my head and slowly started climbing out of the dumpster with unease, “ better hurry back to my apartment and find out what in the actual fuck is happening to me….maybe Carl will know…” I stopped for a quick second before snorting.



“ Yeah right, that dumb ass can’t tell the difference between a toaster and a microwave…” I said in amusement as I hopped down from the edge of the dumpster and look around in the alley, hoping to find a quick way out, and after a few minutes of searching, I found a small pathway hidden behind some conveniently placed boxes that seemed to block view of the path perfectly, it’s almost as If someone didn’t want anyone else to go in, odd.



“Ugh… this better lead to an exit and not turn into some cheap horror movie….” I mutter as I step over a few items that were on the ground and enter the badly lit, long hallway-like path that leads to god knows where totally not a cliché movie scene.



“Oh god…. I should have kept my mouth shut…” I say as my long ass horse ears lowered and I sped up the paste, hoping to get out of there before a clown shows up and starts swinging his hammer at me yelling something about fun… Oh great, now I’ve got that stuck in my head if I wasn’t paranoid before, I sure as hell an now.



“Come on Dave…. You can do this, stop being a wimp and man up for fuck's sake!” I said to myself as I gained some confidence, straightened out my back and walked forward with stride, however, that moment was short lived as I heard a noise coming from behind me and reacted the best way someone would have reacted, Ever.



“AHH! OH GOD, WHAT THE FU-“I stopped mid-sentence as I turned around and saw a cute, fluffy white cat.



“O-oh…. Heh, I wasn’t scared… I was just…. Amazed about… T-the… the cat! Yeah!” I said to no one in particular as I nervously turned back and started walking deeper into the small compact path.



“Calm down Dave…. It’s just your fucked up Imagination… Nothing more… “ I whispered to myself and kept on walking, hoping that nothing else came and spooked the living hell out of me, and maybe, just maybe, get back to my apartment in one piece.


“Finally! An exit! “I said as I did a miniature fis-... Hoof pump and ran up to the exit, expecting to come out on another hobo filled alley, but oh boy was I wrong, So very wrong.



“Yay free-….. Oh, that’s just fucked up…” I said with an annoyed tone, because, right in front of me, was one of those small conveniently placed rivers, Hurray for me…



“Of course I had to come across the only river in miles…. Because getting to my apartment was easy enough!” I said as I threw my hooves in the air and started insulting whatever higher power decided to screw me over, half way to my curse-filled rant, I caught a glimpse of what was on the other side, and sure enough, peaking out of the top of some houses, was my apartment, If it weren’t for the fact that I was still mad about the Stupid river in the way, I would have jumped in excitement, but unfortunately, that was not the case at the moment.



".....Well, at least I have THAT going for me....” I muttered as I looked at the river, looking for some way to get across it without getting dragged away by the tide, I kept on searching for the best way to get across before noticing a bunch of rocks, placed as If to act like a bridge that I could hop across.



“What the...... Okay, this is starting to look like it was set up.... Meh, whatever, I’ll deal with that shit later, Now, let’s see if I can NOT fail horribly…” I quietly said to myself as I walked up to the first rock, I very carefully set my hoof down on the first one, then the second, third before I could even register it, I slipped on the third one and went down faster than Kesha went timber.



“AH! God damn son of a bi- “ I was interrupted mid-sentence as I collided head first into a rock, then another, and another, and another, that process continued until the current washed me up on the shore of the River.



“Ugh… Never…. Again…… Fuck my spine...” I groaned in pain as I slowly dragged myself away from the river until I was a few good meters away from it.



“Jesus fucking Christ….that could not have gone any worse….” I muttered as I stood up and tried to shake off the water of my coat, just like a dog would do after a bath, never the less, that failed to get me anywhere as I stood there, still dripping wet from that little swim I had in the lake.



I sighed and started walking back to the street up ahead, not bothering anymore if anyone saw me, I was too fed up with the shit that seemed to follow me, I walked up to my apartment, strolled by the people in the lobby, took the elevator, walked out, insulted a few people, and entered my shitty apartment.



“Well, I could have just done that since the beginning……” I said as I shook my head angrily and headed past the living room and straight into my room.



“I need some fucking sleep…… too tired to care about anything..” And with that, I dropped on top of the bed and drifted up into sleep.

Author's Note:

This chapter is pretty shit, I should get around to fixing it..