• Published 11th Jul 2014
  • 15,887 Views, 408 Comments

Becoming one with the Moon - ParaNomaly



This vast universe of ours is filled with countless wonders, opportunities, and scientific miracles. Two humans, oblivious to such things, will soon come face to face with things far beyond their comprehension.

  • ...
73
 408
 15,887

Chapter 4

I've been woken up by more than a few things, from my roommate pulling pranks on me, to finding spiders crawling up my face, and a few... Other things I'm not exactly proud of, but I've never actually been woken up by something like... this.

As I quickly opened my eyes, I was greeted by what looked like a baby wolf, that is, if wolves looked like they were made of fucking sticks, seriously, it looked like someone threw a bunch of sticks in a pile and glued them together!

The thing had glowing green eyes with a row of wooden teeth it was gladly displaying to me, it wasn't really scary due to its size, and it didn't help that it had such a cartoonish expression, but walking up to it mere inches away from your face will make you shit your pants, don't deny it.

As I was panicking and scrambling to get away from it out of surprise, it just stared at me, like it wasn't even afraid, seriously, I was probably two times larger than it, but it didn't seem to give a shit about that.

I backpedaled away from it until my back was firmly pressed against the wall, I could have sworn I saw that thing smirk at me as it backed away and ran off, probably to tell its friends that I'm here. I certainly didn't plan on sticking around this place waiting to become the lunch of some weird stick wolves.

"Great... Now I have that to worry about..." With a sigh, I stood up and shook my head. "I should get going; God knows what I will wake up to next time."

I got up and slowly walked outside, carefully surveying my surroundings, not wanting to be caught off guard in case the little wolf things friends were waiting outside, not that I was afraid of them, I just didn't want them to have the element of surprise.

The mist outside the castle had dispersed a lot since the last time I saw it, so I could see details of the castle and its surroundings much better now. Unfortunately, since it was still night out, I couldn't see a lot of the details, but it seemed that my new eyes were better adapted to dark environments than my previous ones, so I could make out certain things, such as that The entire castle was covered in vines. Trees were growing from its walls, tall grass grew freely on the sides of the castle, covering what looked like ruined houses that seemed to form a circle around the castle. Obviously, this used to be a town or a city of some sort, abandoned long ago, probably because of the wildlife, if that's the case, why the hell did they build it in the middle of the fucking forest?! Seems like a no-brainer to me.

"Alright, the coast is clear, time to get the hell out of this place.." As I started walking back towards the ledge I had to come across to get here, I stopped for a second as a sudden thought came to mind, something I should have thought of the second I arrived in this damn place.

"Wait, if I can fly, why not just fly out of the forest! Man, wonder why I didn't think of that sooner..." I extended my wings and gave them a few good flaps."I should be out of this forest in no time with these babies!" Feeling self-confident in my expert flying capabilities, I started flapping my wings until I was in the air.

Slowly but surely, I started gaining altitude until I was clear of the castle and the trees surrounding it, once I was sure I wouldn't crash into anything, I started flying forwards, slowly picking up speed, enjoying the feeling of the air hitting my face.

"Holy hell, this feels fucking amazing!" I exclaimed loudly as I looked down and saw trees pass me by below me, flying felt amazing, it was like when you poked your head out of the car and felt the wind on your face. But the feeling of freedom, of being free to go wherever you pleased, made it easily a million times better.

I continued to enjoy myself for at least four more minutes, after which I started admiring the scenery before me, everything had a cartoonish look to it all, like if I was inside a cartoon. But that aside, seemed so peaceful from up here, so clean. The air felt so much better than that of Earth's too, no doubt because of the pollution that plagued the Earth wherever you went, even the clouds looked puffier and whiter, and they everything seemed to have a thin outline, not very noticeable, but it was there.

Off to the distance, it looked like there was a mountain range, nothing too weird right? Well, on the side of one of the biggest mountain, there was a goddam castle, a honest to god fucking castle. But it didn't stop there, the castle was literally hanging from the side of the castle, it looked like that castle and gravity had a big damn divorce, and then pissed all over logics face!

Taking the time to process the events that lead to me being stuck in a foreign body, and thrown into a whole new world, I started to think about what will happen. My friends and family will no doubt think I'm dead, and Carl will use this opportunity to replace his shit computer with mine, he will probably buy gifts with the steam money I had saved up for the upcoming summer sale and then send them all to himself, greedy bastard. At least I hope he doesn't spend the money opening those fucking cases.

And then there was my family, my dad, my mom, and my little sister; I don't know what they'll do... But I hope to get back soon; I don't want them to think I'm dead, they would be devastated...

"No... I will find a way back, all I need to do is find out who did this to me, and get them to me back!" Of course, things weren't that easy; I probably had to go through some bullshit quest to find some damn useless object to either "save" this world from a great evil or to prove myself. I've read enough fanfiction to know what happens in those types of scenarios. If the guy that sent me here turns out to be a villain, I hope he at least is fucking original and not some cliché type of villain.

I was interrupted as I saw the tree line fast approaching, as I did so, I noticed a small town with old style buildings, a few lights were on at the moment, but most seen to be still sleeping, given that it was still night out 'Finally! I'll be out of this godforsaken forest!' I thought to myself as I started slowing down until I was hovering, I began descending by flapping my wings less and less until I was a mere few feet away from the ground. Thankfully, the cover of night, combined with the color of my coat made it so it was nearly impossible to notice me at plain sight.

I stopped flapping my wings once I had finally touched the grousidesSuccessful landing number one!' I thought to myself with a smirk as I folded my wings to my sides and brushed off some sticks that had fallen on me because of the wind my wings generated.

"Alright... What the hell do I do now?" I had zero clues on what to do now, should I just walk in there? Yeah, that seems reasonable, I mean, I should look the part, all I have to do is act it, right?

"Ah fuck it, better than waiting here to be eaten by a wandering wolf or something," I said to myself with a slightly sarcastic tone as I exited the forest for the first time since arriving here. As I observed the surroundings, I noticed there was a road leading to the town, to the left of said road was what looked like an apple orchard. I debated it inside my thoughts for aa few seconds, while I was hungry, I shouldn't go stealing other people's shit even if it looked like they had enough apples to solve world hunger ten times over. I decided to head down the road and try to communicate with the locals here and try to find out where I am, then I'll worry about food.

I started making my way down the dirt road and towards the town, sparing brief glances around, I noticed a cottage on the outskirts of the town, strangely enough, the lights were on, this was my opportunity to get some damn answers finally!

I trotted over to the cottage, as I got closer, I noticed a lot of animals, mainly birds, sleeping there, along with a...

"Is that a... Bear?" There was a fucking bear in the backyard of the cottage; holy shit was the person who lived in their crazy?! "Okay, note to self, stay away from the garden..." With that thought in mind, I made my way over to the cottage door, making sure not to make much noise.

I raised my hoof and knocked on the door three times before stepping a few steps back and waiting, after a few moments I heard a soft, feminine voice call out.

"Just a minute!"

The voice sounded familiar, but I can't quite place my finger-... Hoof? Eh, whatever, the same thing.

I had waited for about 10 seconds before the door opened slowly to reveal a yellow colored pegasus mare, in fact, it was the same pegasus I saw the day before in the swamp! Looks like she made it out alive, don't see the other two, though, wonder if they lived as well.

I cleared my throat and spoke in the softest voice I could manage.

"Hello Ma'am, I was wonder-" I didn't get to finish before the pegasus squealed in an adorable manner and slammed the door shut, calling me 'Nightmare Moon' for some reason, pfft, fucking rude.

As I stood there staring at the spot where the yellow pegasus once was, the entirety of my current train of thought could have been summarized in one word.


"Fuck."


I only stood there for another two minutes, hoping that the mare would come out a second time and listen to what I had to say, but alas, she never did open the door.

"This is the reason I don't like to be social..."

Defeated, I turned around and started walking down another path that was in front of the cottage; My other choice now was to head into town and find another building with the lights on.

I came across a small river a minute into the walk, it didn't seem necessary, considering that the river is quite small, but hey, maybe it was for a reason.

I continued beyond the bridge and finally entered the town itself, it was seemed a lot smaller on the outside when I last saw it... Meh, it was probably just one of those fancy optical illusions or something along those lines.

I walked down the town's empty streets for quite a while; I'd say for about 20 minutes, give or take, I didn't see much of interest, apart from a few stray cats here and there.

I finally came across a house, well, it didn't look exactly like a house, it looked like someone carved out a tree, somehow it was still alive, though, since all of its leaves still looked alive and well.

I walked over to the front door of the tree house and, like I did before, knocked three times on the door and stepped back, after ten seconds, a unicorn opened the door, the same purple unicorn that I saw at the swamp.

'Huh, so they did survive, they must have one crazy story to tell...'

The purple unicorn stared at me with her mouth wide open, no doubt in shock, was I that damn ugly or something?

Like I did when I talked to the yellow pegasus, I greeted her in the softest tone I could manage and with a smile that could win an Oscar.

"Hi, how are ya."

Author's Note:

:twilightsheepish: Posted this chapter on accident before it was done, I blame button placement, anyway, enjoy the chapter! Hope it didn't seem too rushed.