• Published 11th Jul 2014
  • 15,890 Views, 408 Comments

Becoming one with the Moon - ParaNomaly



This vast universe of ours is filled with countless wonders, opportunities, and scientific miracles. Two humans, oblivious to such things, will soon come face to face with things far beyond their comprehension.

  • ...
73
 408
 15,890

Chapter 19

Darkness.

I awoke with a weak groan. Most of my extremities were in intense pain and my chest felt like it was on fire, causing me to grimace as I let out a pained whimper.

Pushing past the pain, I tried to weakly move my right foreleg only to find myself unable to. Attempting to move my other foreleg or my hind legs proved unsuccessful as well.

I began to panic as I opened my eyes and found myself face to face a large rock that blocked my vision.

“Ugh… What the hell?” I whimpered as I tried to lift my head slightly, only to find that my horn had also gotten stuck in some rocks as well, preventing me from moving my head.

As I started to regain my senses, what had happened prior began to come back to me, I remembered the spell being casted, being thrown around like a ragdoll, and then… Nothing.

”Must've blacked out by that point.” I thought as I tried to remain calm. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as my horn began to shine. A few seconds later, I felt the rocks being lifted off of me and thrown to the side, freeing me from my prison.

I groaned as my horn stopped glowing and I sat up, rubbing the side of my head with my hoof.

“Bloody hell that hurts…” I muttered as I stretched my wings out out of instinct, rewarding my ears with a few popping sounds.

After a few seconds, I took my attention away from the pain and focused on my surroundings. It looked like I was still inside the cave system, but not in the same location I was when I passed out. Gone was the high ceiling and wide walls of the cavern, now replaced by a rocky tunnel. Not as wide or tall, but still enough to fit a car through it without much effort.

Light seemed to make its way into the tunnel somehow, indicating that I was possibly close to an exit.

“Where the hell did that spell send me? I asked quietly to no one as I slowly not up, trying to ignore the pain that shot through my body. As soon as I was up in my hooves, I cautiously walked over the rocks and began to make my way towards the source of the light.

As I trotted through the tunnel, I spotted numerous Minotaurs pinned by rocks on the ground, unmoving. I stopped to look at them for a second, but quickly shook my head and moved on. They were the bad guys after all, right? I didn't need to help them.

My ears perked up as I heard a feminine groan coming from up ahead. I picked up my speed as I approached the source of the source of the noise. Turning a corner, I spotted a figure underneath some rocks. I quickly trotted closer to it and began lifting the rocks out of the way with my magic.

After a second or so of lifting rocks, the person underneath became visible, and I froze for a quick second.

It was the girl that was with the Marine. She looked pretty rough, with numerous cuts and a swollen bottom lip. A trail of blood flowed down her forehead and dropped onto her neck area once it reached her chin. Snapping out of it, I quickly went about lifting the remainder of the rocks off of the girl. Within ten seconds, she was finally free.

She didn't seem to notice my presence immediately as she sat up, the motion erecting a pained whimper as she brought her hands up to her face and rubbed it. Once she took them away, she noticed the blood on her hands and her eyes widened, panic beginning to spread across her face.

Before she could freak out further, I took a step towards her and held out a hoof. “Are you alright?” I asked. Her attention was awarded to me almost instantly, the panic in her face quickly replaced from panic and fear, to one of wonder and excitement.

Before I touch upon the sudden change of mood on her part, she took my hoof and got up, not letting go of it as she took a step closer, making me slightly uncomfortable.

I noticed was still taller than her by almost four inches, not including my horn. She didn't seem all that small either. I vaguely remembered that I had been abnormally tall when I got turned into a Pony while I was still back on Earth, but I hadn't been paying much attention to that back then.

”Cool. I've always wanted to be taller than average.” My attention as brought back to the girl as she looked up at me in awe.

“Woah… I can't believe you're real… You're even prettier in person!” She giggled excitedly as she reached behind my head and began to pet my mane.

I blinked at her forwardness, not exactly used to girls coming up to be and petting me. I began to internally question how the fuck she knew who Luna was, and if she knew what personal space was.

After snapping out of my current train of thought, I looked down at the girl with a confused expression and took a step back from her, causing her to flinch and quickly retract her hand.

“I'm sorry, but… Who are you?” I asked. I didn't intend to tell her that I used to be a human as well, figuring that playing along would prevent a whole lot of confusion and explaining.

Her eyes widened for a second as she stammered for a second before finally finding the words she was looking for.

“M-my name is Angelina, Angelina Smith.” She finally answered as she brought up her hand to look at it, and then used it to rub the side of her head in pain, if her grimace was anything to go by.

“You seemed to know who I was. How's that?” I questioned further, trying to sound a bit more regal.

“I, um…” She sighed and looked back up at me. “It's complicated, let's just say that you have a big following back where I live.” She smiled faintly.

”What kind of… Am I some sort of cartoon character of something? Fuck me.”

I stared off into space for a short moment before I looked back down at her with a slightly forced smile. “I'm glad to hear that. But let us move on to more important matters. We need to find a way out of this cave.” I said as I put on my best Luna impression, minus the ‘thees’ and ‘thous’ she liked to use.

She nodded with a smile, but quickly flinched as she remembered her injuries.

“Hey, uh… Could you possibly fix my injuries with your magic? If it isn't too much to ask.” She asked in a hopeful, yet careful tone.

Now, I didn't even know you could use magic to heal, and I certainly didn't know how to do that. But if using magic was just as simple as thinking about something happening, like when I had summoned a coke bottle and used levitation, how hard could it be?

“I can try, but I'm… Not very well versed in such magic. It may not be very effective.” What I told her wasn't entirely false either. Hopefully I didn't end up messing her up even more if I fucked up.

She shrugged in response. “It's better than what I've got going on right now. Go for it!” She insisted, to which I sighed in response.

“Alright, close your eyes.” I said, and she obliged with no hesitation. There was no reason for her to close her eyes, as far as my knowledge went, I just didn't want to look like I had no idea what I was doing.

I closed mine as well soon after and began to concentrate on healing her. I made sure to picture her face as detailed as possible as I felt my horn heat up ever so slightly.

It shined brightly for a couple of seconds before it began to die down. As soon as it did, I opened my eyes, and then widened them slightly.

I had somehow done it. She looked in perfect shape. That was most likely not the case, since I only focused on her face and the injuries I could see, but it was a definite improvement.

She seemed to notice this as well, as her expression changed to one of relief as she opened her eyes and slowly rubbed a hand across her face. “Woah. That felt… Weird.” She looked back at me and stepped closer, before hugging me. I stayed still out of awkwardness as I felt a drop of sweat build up on my forehead.

“Er… You're welcome, Angelina.” I said nervously as unfolded one of my wings and patted her on the back with it.

She pulled back once she noticed my discomfort and rubbed the back of her neck, chuckling nervously. “Sorry, I got a bit carried away.” She said as she turned around towards the direction I was walking towards.

“You were going this way, right? Towards the light. Let's keep going.” She told me as she began to walk, leaving me behind to think.

I blinked a few times before following along. “Do you know where we are?” She asked as I caught up with her, looking at me in hopes that I knew.

I simply shook my head. “I almost just woke up buried under rocks too. Hopefully we find the others before we reach an exit.” I said. She looked back forward and nodded.

“What happened back there? One second y'all were casting a spell, the next I'm thrown across the room and wake up here." She asked as she looked back at me once again.

"I don't know. I had the same experience." I wasn't lying either. I didn't know what the fuck happened when Twilight casted the spell.

I certainly hoped that everyone managed to make it out alive. I didn't know how resistant my body was to physical harm, but given the fact that I had rocks that weighed hundreds of pounds fall on me and not have given me any outside injuries made me guess it was above average. I didn't know why that one Minotaur that punched me had gotten me to bleed though. Either his fists were made of metal, or that thing I had on my horn was disturbing some kind of magic shield that prevented certain level of physical harm. It still did hurt like a bitch to have all those rocks fall on me though.

She seemed doubtful for a second before nodding and turning her direction forwards.

We didn't talk much after that, just kept walking. I did catch her taking several glances at me, but nothing else worth noting.

As we continued to walk, my mind began to wonder back towards what Angeline had said minutes ago, about me, or Luna, had a large following back on Earth. Either I had somehow missed a cartoon about horses that 'had a big following', she was lying, or she was from a different Earth. I settled for the first one for the time being, seeing as it was the most logical-ish.

I was snapped out of my current thoughts as Angeline nudged me and pointed towards something further into the cave tunnel.

"I think I see the exit! Come on!" She yelled as she began to run over to where she had supposedly sawn the exit of the cave. I shook my head and ran after her, catching up with her fairly quickly.

We both reached an opening soon after, and were temporarily blinded by the sudden change of light. As soon as we adjusted, both of our jaws dropped in shock.

I spoke up first. "Are we... Are we on the fucking moon?!"

Author's Note:

One of the best parts of writing this is imaging what David is saying come out of Luna's body and in her voice. I've laughed way too hard on a few lines I'm definitely looking forward to using.

Anyway, the moon suggestion got the highest votes, so here it is!