• Published 11th Jul 2014
  • 15,880 Views, 408 Comments

Becoming one with the Moon - ParaNomaly



This vast universe of ours is filled with countless wonders, opportunities, and scientific miracles. Two humans, oblivious to such things, will soon come face to face with things far beyond their comprehension.

  • ...
73
 408
 15,880

Chapter 3

Upon walking up from my slumber, The very first thing I noticed was the constant chirping of birds and the soft grass in front me, both of which threw me off.

Now the former wouldn't have sounded so weird, but since the surroundings of my apartment were flooded with stray cats, any birds would have been dead the second they landed near it.

I slowly opened my eyes, thankfully, I was facing the ground, so my eyes weren't assaulted by the notorious giant white ball of fire hanging in the sky.

I rolled over to my back and quickly threw my arm in front of my face and closed my eyes again, knowing what would happen to my eyes if I didn't.

A frown quickly formed on my face as I opened my eyes a few moments later and saw a dark blue colored foreleg in front of me.

"Oh great, so it wasn't a damn dream, fan-fucking-tastic..." I said in an irritated manner.


A sigh escaped my lips as I slowly stood up and observed my surroundings, I appeared to be in the middle of a small opening with countless trees around me and what looked like a river to my left. A big river actually, big enough to probably be able to sail a pretty big boat in it.

"I'm going to go ahead and say this is just my luck..." I muttered softly as I rubbed my forehead with an annoyed sigh.

After a few minutes of me sitting there, contemplating on what to do, I decided to put all I learned from watching Bear Grylls to the test

"Alright.... So all I have to do is follow the river upstream right? Right." I tend to have a habit of speaking to myself, and no, I'm not crazy, it's something I've always done since I was little, so don't judge me.

"I hope you knew your shit, Grylls..." I thought out loud as I started walking upstream carefully, making sure not to get my new... Hair and tail tangled up in the branches.

After I'd say about 20 minutes of continuous walking, I started entering a creepier part of the forest; the sun began to be blocked out as the trees seemed to grow taller, the soft chirping of the birds became quieter and quieter until they could no longer be heard. The only noise I could hear was the water next to me, and even that seemed to grow more silent.

"Okay, I'm starting to regret following this damn river upstream... Or was it downstream you had to follow..?

...

" Shit, I don't remember now... Well, whatever, if anything tries to kill me, I can use my new iron han-er..... Hoof! Yeah, iron hoof to punch it to death!"

Feeling confident in my newfound punching skills, and with my paranoia- or at least some of it gone, I started to walk faster, knowing if even that the sound of my hooves hitting the rocks lined up along the river drew the attention of some unwanted guests, I could quickly dispatch them.



Oh, boy was I wrong, so very wrong.



I immediately stopped as I heard a roar. It wasn't very loud, but it kept getting closer every time I heard it, and it freaked me the hell out.

With all my previous confidence gone, I found myself running into the trees as fast as I could, ignoring the sting from all the branches hitting my face as I kept running. The only thing preventing me from screaming like a little girl was the constant assault of the branches from all sides, as I ran as fast as I could to escape the big and scary monster, I could have sworn I saw an African style but pass me by, and a zebra doing... Something with a bunch of different flowers outside, it didn't seem to notice me for some reason, must have been very concentrated on those flowers.

After what seemed like 5 hours of me running, I come to a sudden halt at a Hallowed out tree, breathing heavily, I lean up against the tree and slide down its trunk until my ass hit the floor.

"Holy... I haven't run that fast in my life! Must be this new bodies stamina..." I wipe some sweat off my forehead as I rest against the tree.

"What the hell was that?! It sounded like someone gave the Hulk steroids.."

I shake my head.

"Alright David, focus, we need to get the hell out of here and find some civilization.... Wait, why am I even talking to myself? Ugh, old habits fucking die hard.." I chuckle to myself. "Although, I am loving this new voice, makes me sound sexy."

A frown forms on my face.

"Wait, since my voice is a girls voice... that means... No.."

I look down in between my legs and rapidly look in vain for my David Junior.

"Of all the things that could have been taken from me... Why this?!

Half an hour later of me cursing out to every god I could think of and then some, I finally managed to compose myself.

Okay, David. You don't have a dick anymore... It's not the end of the world. This just means new ways to masturbate! Yeah, that sounds good."

Satisfied with my half-assed excused to calm myself down, I got up from the ground and observe my new surroundings.

I was in what looked like a swamp, nothing too special, but what did catch my attention was a yellow horse thing with wings, it seemed to be similar to what I turned into, but I ruled that out since I have a horn, and it... Well, since she was facing away from me, I quickly found out it was a she, and I couldn't say I didn't like what I say seeing either.

I Shaking my head, I quickly dove behind cover and began observing it.

"Alright... I'm not in Kansas anymore..." Just as I was about to keep talking to myself like the crazy nutjob I am, I noticed two other creatures enter the playing field. One looked exactly like the Pegasus thing, except it had a horn, a different hair style and it was purple, and the other one looked like a green lizard with scales on its back all the way down to its tail, kind of cool actually.

I watched them talk about something, which I didn't find it as odd as I would have initially found it if I was human.

"Considering all the crazy shit that has been happening lately, I shouldn't be surprised at all..."

My conversation with myself was cut short as a giant HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING!

"What the fu-"

I was cut short yet again as the thing started to rise above the swamp, it was easily 10 meters tall if not more, and had three heads.

"Holy... Is that a fucking Hydra?"

Luckily it didn't hear me, as it started running after the two horses and the lizard which had been standing there, watching it rise instead of running.

"Pfft, rookie mistake," I say to myself as I see them get chased until they were out of my field of view.

"Oh well, better them than me..." I looked around for a second and picked up a rock, I then proceed to carve "It's all ogre now" on the side of the trunk before dropping the rock and getting the hell out of there.

"Okay, fuck surviving, I have to get out of this forest before I'm eaten alive by a damn dragon or something." I stop and look the way the purple pony came from.

"Alright, if I follow those foot-... Erm... Hoofprints, I could find my way back to civilization, and out of this godforsaken forest."

With my new, bulletproof plan, I slowly made my way to where they had just been a few minutes ago and started to follow purples hoofprints.

"Okay, now all I have to do is follow this, and I'll be out!"

I continued on for about 15 minutes before I came across a path that seems to run down the very middle of the forest, it was big enough to fit literally two tanks side by side.

"Damn, this must be where these ponies use their... Well, whatever they use to transport themselves, seems a little risky though... Oh well, not my problem."

I start to trot down the path in the same way purple was heading before I noticed something... Odd to the side.

In the background, barely visible around what looked like a thick fog, there was a castle, an honest god fucking castle, or at least, that's what it looked like.

"Castles? What's next? Magic?" I say with a snort.

I was about to continue heading down the path, but I noticed that it was getting dark out, fast, so I had two choices, either I keep going and hope nothing kills and eats me, or I take my chances with the spooky castle.

"Fuck it, I don't want to die out here, spooky and probably haunted castle it is.."

I take a left on a small path that branches off into the direction of the castle; it didn't take me too long to get close to it, I was forced to a halt as I noticed the large gap separating me and the castle.

"Oh great, just what I fu-... Is that a bridge?" I said as I noticed a small wooden bridge, which looked like it had been cut for some reason.

"Well, that raises the red flag on my 'stay away' meter..."

I knew I couldn't turn back, and I couldn't see any other way around, so that left me with one option.

"God, I hate flying...."

I Had to use the wings I had on my back, though they seemed a little too small to be able to lift me, I figured they must be there for a reason.

"Alright David, you've seen how birds do it on animal planet... Just do what they do!"

I started out with a soft flap of my wings, testing them out, but as I started flapping them faster, I started to hover, I didn't know how I was doing it, it just felt natural, almost as if I've used wings my entire life.

"Holy... This feels awesome!" I started giggling to myself as I casually flew over the gap in no time, unfortunately, I didn't know how to land, so I ended up with a mouth full of dirt.

"Note to self, practice landings....."

After getting all the dirt out of my mouth and hair, I got up and look towards the castle.

"I hope this is worth it...."

With a sigh, I slowly started walking towards the entrance; my wings seemed to fold subconsciously too.

"Well, that's helpful.."

I slowly opened the door and entered the castle before closing the door behind me.

"It's not conformable, but I prefer a stone bed over a dirt bed.."

I looked at my options for a bed, and none of them were pretty. There was an abundance of books scattered around for some reason, but I learned that sleeping on books is less comfortable than sleeping on the floor, and these books didn't look very comfortable either, so I could either continue onward and try to find a bed, or I could just sleep on the floor.

"Eh, I'm pretty tired... And I've had way worse..."

I laid down in a semi-clean corner and closed my eyes, it did take me a while to finally fall asleep, but once I did, I slept for 5 hours, that is, until something woke me up.