• Published 11th Jul 2014
  • 15,879 Views, 408 Comments

Becoming one with the Moon - ParaNomaly



This vast universe of ours is filled with countless wonders, opportunities, and scientific miracles. Two humans, oblivious to such things, will soon come face to face with things far beyond their comprehension.

  • ...
73
 408
 15,879

Chapter 18

Nightfall fell upon the Equestrian fleet as Celestia lowered the sun and Luna raised the moon, the darkness serving as added stealth as the airships approached their destination.

Luna sighed as she finished raising the moon. She had been in deep thought for the past few hours, and with Celestia being busy discussing the battle plans with the General and the Captains, she was left alone.

Of course, she already knew full well the way it was going to go down. She and her sister made them after all. Celestia had insisted she assist the meeting, but she politely declined. She wanted some time alone to think.

She was interrupted from her current thoughts as she heard the clip clop of metal shoes hitting the wooden floor. She recognized the sound well.

“We presume everything went okay, sister?” Luna asked with a smile, keeping her eyes off to the horizon.

She heard a giggle.

“Mostly. A few Captains seemed hesitant to go through with it, but I managed to convince them.” Celestia replied as she walked next to her. She leaned her head down and nuzzled Luna’s neck gently, to which she replied with a nuzzle of her own.

“That's good. It was the most viable option after all.” Luna stated.

Celestia nodded and followed Luna’s gaze off into the distance.

“I know you're worried. I am as well. But you and I both know they're still alive. And hopefully unharmed. Try not to worry too much, sister. It may cloud your thoughts.” Celestia reassured as she looked down at her. Luna responded with a sigh.

An hour ago, they've picked up the magical presence of the Elements and themselves, which they instantly knew must be Carl and David. It provided a much needed relief, but their condition was still unknown.

“We know. That's what's keeping us from taking off and flying ahead of the ships.” Luna responded as she returned her sister's gaze.

Celestia began to open her mouth to respond, but was cut short as the airships horn suddenly interrupted them, causing her ears to flatten against the side of her head in discomfort.

“I forgot how loud those were…” Celestia complained, to which Luna responded with a giggle.

Ponies began running out from below and manning their stations, the rest of the ship following suit.

“Dragons ahead!” They heard the Captain shout from the bridge, causing them to turn to face forward.

As the Captain had proclaimed, there were indeed dragons ahead. Several of them in fact. All of them being huge elder dragons that looked similar to the ones who attacked Canterlot.

Instead of targeting them, however. The seemed to be attacking a certain spot on the cliffside of a mountain. Two were flying around the top, firing fire onto said mountain, and two more were grounded. They were spewing flames everywhere beneath their feet. The Alicorn sisters could barely spot a few flaming figures falling down the side of the mountain.

Luna’s eyes widened as she put two and two together.

“That's where they're being held!” She shouted a little bit too loud, causing Celestia to flinch and rub her ear.

“It would seem so. Come, a must prepare.” Celestia extended her majestic wings and flew back towards the bridge, leaving Luna alone.

She narrowed her eyes at the scene in front of them and glanced back to where Celestia had gone off to.

Without saying a word, her wings unfolded and she dived off of the front, falling for a few seconds before flying off at high speeds towards the fight.



I blinked as I looked down at the lavender Pony. She certainly was one of the last ones I expected to come across down in that hell hole.

“No. It's me, David. That's Carl.” I said as I pointed over to Carl, who was currently on the ground tangled with A blue Pegasus and a white Unicorn, the latter seemed to be apologizing three times every second as she tried to help Carl up.

She rubbed her head and got up. “David? What are you two doing here, and who are…” She trailed off when she saw Romeo, and the yet to be named girl. The ladder which was looking on with her hand over her mouth in shock, barely hiding clear excitement.

“The ones who captured all of us confused me and Carl for the Princesses. Which is probably a good thing in the long run.” I said. “As for those two. They're humans, What we used to be before… You know.”

Twilight stayed silent for a second, her eyes scanning every inch of their bodies, making the two of them slightly uncomfortable.

“We need to get going. From all the rumbling going on, this place could probably collapse.” I finished

She glanced at the ceiling as the entire place shook again and nodded.

Detrax walked over to us before she could do anything else. “Tell your friends to follow me, I know the way out.” He said. Twilight stared at him for a few seconds with a surprised expression before shaking it off and looking back at the other Ponies.

“Alright, girls. Follow us so we can get out of here!” As soon as she said that, Detrax was already off. Twilight and me took after him soon after, with seven other Ponies and humans in tow.



Outside of the base, there was a fierce battle going on.


Or rather, a heavily one sided battle.


The Minotaurs were no match for the giant flying lizards, who with every swipe of their tail, and every exhale of fire, dozens were quickly downed.

Unfortunately for the Minotaurs and most likely the dragons, a third player was about to enter the battle. And they had brought along a very pissed off Alicorn.

Speaking of, Princess Luna was quickly closing in on the battle on her lonesome, much to her sister's dismay.

She had her armour on, which she had used previously to battle beings like Sombra, Discord, and many more. It hadn't seen use in over a thousand years, but thankfully the spells cast upon it prevented it from deteriorating as time flew by.

As soon as Luna entered the premise of the battlefield, she was spotted fairly quickly by a few Minotaurs on what looked like turret mounted cannons, similar to the ones used by Military airships.

It took them a moment to register her sudden appearance, and it costed them dearly. Luna’s horn began to glow brightly, and soon after the turrets themselves were surrounded in her aura. Before they could react, she ripped them off of the ground and sent them flying at different targets, one being a group of Minotaurs, and another one being a dragon. The dragon seemed annoyed mostly as it impacted it, but the Minotaurs stood no chance.

Luna began to fire magic beams at the shocked Minotaurs as she flew by, making short work of them as well.

The Dragons soon took notice of her presence as well, and began to fly after her to try to bring her down, to which she responded by slamming one of them into the side of the mountain, and sending a singularity spell at another one, ripping in half.

Combat magic had always been the Princess of the Night's specialty, while Celestia was better on healing and levitation spells. They were both quite adept in each others fields as well, however.

As Luna continued to utterly destroy everyone in her sight, she had failed to notice that her attacks were causing more damage to the mountain than everything else combined. And when the Fleet got within firing range and opened up, the stress on the underground cave system proved to be too great, and it began to cave in.



The last five minutes had not been going well, at all.

After we had gotten a move on, the shaking had gotten much worse to the point that none of us could stay upright during it. We had reached a large cavern soon after with a freaky looking throne in the middle. The place looked deserted thankfully.

All did not go well, however. The other passageways leading out of the cavern had collapsed, and so had the way we came.

“We’re trapped!” Detrax screamed as he frantically banged on the large rocks covering the exit, trying in vain to clear the way.

“We can't just stay here, we'll die!” Rainbow Dash, which I had learned her name was when I heard Twilight say it, yelled back as she flew above us, desperately trying to find a hole in the ceiling we could use to get out.

Romeo had managed to somehow find some of his gear, which included an M16A4 rifle, A 1911, and a water canteen. I hadn't had the faintest clue where he had found it, but I had come to the conclusion that he picked it up off of some boxes we passed by on our way here.

He was currently kneeling down and talking to the girl, who was sitting on the floor with her knees pulled onto her chest and her hands on her head. The fear was clear on her face.

The rest of the Ponies apart from Carl, Twilight and me were trying to aid in getting the rocks that covered our escape routes off, but even then knew it was futile.

I looked over at Twilight, who had been observing everything with fear in her eyes. “Twilight. You're smart, right? Don't you have a spell that can get us out of here!?” I said with panic in my voice as I picked her up and shook her by the shoulders, shaking her out of her trance.

“I… I can try to teleport us out, but I've never done a teleportation spell on this many Ponies!” She answered.

Carl spoke up this time. “Can't we help you?! For God's sake we apparently have the magic of the two most powerful Ponies in this country!”

“I mean… Yes! You can, But you don't know how to! It takes years to master teleporta-” I cut her off by shaking her more.

WE DON'T HAVE YEARS!” I shouted. Perhaps a bit too loudly, as the entire cavern shook and everyone covered their ears at the volume of my voice. Twilight’s mane was even blown back the force.

She regained her composure fairly quickly and rubbed her ears. “Well… The only way we could do this is if you both reinforced the spell using your magic! It's the easiest way!”

"Great!” I say as I drop her to the floor. She falls down and huffs as she hits the stone floor.

“Okay, everypony, gather around us now!” Twilight shouted as she sprang to her hooves. Her friends immediately stopping what they were doing and doing so. Detrax followed after, will having a panic attack, and the two humans got to us last.

Twilight’s horn began to shine brightly as a purple sphere formed around the group. She opened her eyes to reveal two glowing orbs in their place instead.

“Add your magic, now!” She shouted.

“YOU NEVER SAID HOW!” Carl shouted back as she covered her head with her hooves, rocks from the ceiling now starting to fall on us.

“JUST THINK ABOUT DOING IT, FOR CELESTIA’S SAKE!”

I paused for a second and closed my eyes, following Twilight’s ‘advice’. Thankfully,said Pony had removed the 'magic suppressors' off horns. God riddance too, it had begun to bother me too much.

I imagined my magic surging through my body and up to my horn. From there, I pictured it flowing from my horn and into the magic sphere above us, mixing with it.

As I opened my eyes, Carl seemed to be doing the same with a magical yellow aura flowing from her horn and into the sphere. I glanced up and noticed I was doing it as well. The auras mixing and creating a pleasant to look at light show.

“You did it! Now to cast it!” Twilight exclaimed as her face showed that she began to concentrate more and more on casting the spell to get us the fuck out of there.

Another, much stronger shaking suddenly struck. It was easily strong enough to throw us around in directions just as Twilight finished the spell.

The spell was casted, no doubt about it. But as we were all thrown to the sides, Twilight had lost control of a now out of control yellow, blue and purple sphere that continued to expand outwards, engulfing the cavern, us, and part of the mountain with it.



Luna stood on the bridge of her flagship, observing the battle below as it was wrapped up by a final volley of cannon fire and magic spells. All the opposing side lay either dead, incapacitated or had surrendered.

“That was reckless, Luna.” Celestia said as she shook her head, glaring at her slightly. “Who knows what they had in store for us. They could have seen us coming and prepared to take us all down.” She sighed and stepped closer to Luna, nuzzling the top of her head.

Luna responded with a huff. “I can take care of myself, sister. It was nothing I couldn't handle.”

“We still haven't seen their leader, he could be their most powerful warrior, easily a match for you or me.” Celestia berated as she looked down at her.

“Hmph! I could-” Whatever Luna was about to say was cut off as a huge burst of magic suddenly flew in all directions, disorienting the two sisters.

Before anyone could ask what the fuck had just happened, a rapidly expanding sphere shot out from the rock and covered most of the battlefield, along with numerous Equestrian ships. Including the ones the Princesses were on.

To everyone outside the sphere, space time seemed to distort around it as it held it's size for a brief movement before imploding in on itself, leaving in its wake a huge, clean cut hole in the side of the mountain.

Author's Note:

I wasn't sure how to go about this, so I decided to let y'all decide. The spell sent them all God knows where, and I want suggestions as to where that could be.

It shouldn't effect the plot I have planned for this story, but writer's block is a bitch, so I figured that this could be a good way to break it completely.