• Published 1st Jul 2014
  • 1,220 Views, 33 Comments

Too Many Twilights - Octavia_Melody



When Twilight accidentally finds the mirror pool, she just has to try it out...

  • ...
4
 33
 1,220

To End All Twilights

Spike didn’t have long to contemplate before three alicorns descended from the clouds and spread their wings among the Twilights. Three princesses; Celestia, Luna, and the Princess Twilight clone had arrived to assess the situation. Before any of them could speak, Vampony Twilight gave a violent snarl, blood dripping down her fangs. She charged at Princess Twilight, her horn glowing as Princess Twilight lit up her own horn in self-defense.

“Twilight!” Celestia called out, “Which one of you is the real Twilight?!”

“I am...” the real Twilight admitted, bowing her head in shame, “This is all my fault. Curiosity got the best of me. I didn’t thing that all of this would happen.”

“It’s good that you admit your wrongdoing.” Celestia said, “But what matters now is undoing the process. If you are indeed the real Twilight, you can chant a reversal spell to return the duplicates to the Mirror Pool.”

“If the clones disappear, they’ll be gone forever, right?” Twilight wondered, “Wouldn’t that be the same thing as killing them?”

“The clones will disappear, but they were never meant to be in the first place.” Celestia said, “You are the only true Twilight.”

“Yeah, but...” Twilight said, starting to cry as Evil Twilight’s last words haunted her.

“Die, empress!!” Solid Sparkle shouted, jumping into the air, holding her knife in her teeth.

Solid Sparkle was about to plunge the blade in Celestia’s neck when a blast from Luna’s horn forced her to the ground.

“Sister!” Luna called out, “Art thee alright?”

“Yes, Luna.” Celestia answered, “But who is she?”

The real Twilight trotted up to Solid Sparkle to talk some sense into her, but then felt herself being carried into the air. Vampony Anthro Twilight had nabbed her and was carrying her into the clouds.

“If I kill the real Twilight, then I cannot be sent back!” VA Twilight announced in a sinister changeling-like voice.

Anthro Twilight sprang on her hooves and leapt as high into the air as she could, grabbing hold of VA Twilight’s legs, dragging her down. VA Twilight bared her fangs and was about to plunge them into the real Twilight’s neck when the real Twilight took the opportunity to buck her in the jaw. VA Twilight snarled as the real Twilight felt from her arms and plopped onto the grass.

“That hurt.” the real Twilight complained.

“Can’t we all just get along?” Crazy Twilight commented.

By this time, Solid Sparkle had regained her composure and ran up to face Princess Twilight. She leapt on Princess Twilight’s back and grabbed hold of her wings. She forcefully aimed Princess Twilight’s wings in Celestia’s direction and tugged on Princess Twilight’s horn with her hoof. Princess Twilight’s horn glowed uncontrollably and sent out a powerful blast of energy. Celestia’s own horn glowed and sent out a blast in retaliation. Luna joined in the battle and sent a beam of energy in Solid Sparkle’s direction.

Vampony Twilight finally recovered from Evil Twilight’s attack and ran snarling toward Solid Sparkle, thinking she was Evil Twilight. Solid Sparkle performed a flying kick, hitting Vampony Twilight in the flank. Vampony Twilight skidded in the direction of the princesses and was caught in the crossfire between all three alicorn horn attacks. Vampony Twilight gave a final screech as she exploded in a burst of white energy, leaving nothing but scattered pieces of burnt fur.

“What have I done?!” Celestia fretted, “What have we done?!”

“Twas not the real Twilight, my dear sister.” Luna assured her.

“But still, she was a living creature, a pony.” Celestia said, “Even if she was just a clone.”

“We killed her.” Princess Twilight sobbed, “She’s dead, Spike.”

Upon hearing his name, Spike walked over and gritted his teeth in frustration. He clenched his fist in sorrow and anger at the chaos and his turbulent feelings.

“I have not used such lethal force for thousands of years.” Celestia observed.

“Twas an accident of sorts.” Luna replied, “If anypony was in error, it was her.”

Luna pointed an accusing hoof at Solid Sparkle. Solid Sparkle again drew out her knife, preparing for combat. Spike had had enough.

“STOP!!” he screamed at the top of his lungs, “Everypony just stop!!”

Every Twilight still living, the princesses, and even Pinkie, stopped whatever they were doing and turned to face Spike.

“Now that I’ve finally got your attention, I’ve got something important to say.” Spike said, “I’ve been thinking lately, and maybe deep down I have romantic feelings for Twilight. But I also have feelings that are just as strong for Rarity. And maybe a part of me wants to find a nice dragon girl, someone of my own kind. We dragons live a lot longer than most ponies, so I’m not even sure such a romance would work out. What I do know, is that Twilight, the real Twilight has been with me since I was born. At the very least I love her like an older sister.”

“Spike...” the real Twilight replied, “I don’t know what to say...”

“Don’t say anything.” Spike answered, “Just be willing to listen a little more often.”

“Twilight.” Celestia announced, “If it is truly your decision, then the mirror clones may remain here. I won’t force you to do something you think is wrong.”

“No.” Solid Sparkle said, “We all need to leave. I misjudged you, princess. I thought by killing you I could save Equestria. Now I know that I’m the one Equestria need saving from. Twilight...it’s time for us to go.”

“I don’t know the reversal spell.” Twilight admitted.

“Oh, that’s easy!” Pinkie announced, “Just repeat after me...”

“Silence!!” Vampony Anthro Twilight ordered, covering Pinkie’s mouth with her hand, “I’m not going anywhere!”

“Oh yes you are!” Anthro Twilight said, tackling VA Twilight, “Everypony hold her down!”

All of the surviving Twilight clones got on top of VA Twilight as Pinkie recited the spell.

“No, you can’t!!” VA Twilight pleaded, “We have just as much a right to exist as you do!”

And from her own reflection she left, because her reflection had left her bereft, and so being doubled must now be uncleft.” Pinkie said.

“And from her own reflection she left…because her reflection had left her bereft…and so being doubled…must now be uncleft.” Twilight repeated.

A mystical aura enveloped the clones, including the dead remains of Vampony Twilight and Evil Twilight. They soon faded away in a sparkling mist.

“They’re all gone.” Twilight observed, “Does this mean...that they’re dead?”

“They were never meant for this world.” Celestia said.

“Tis over, Twilight.” Luna added.

“It’s not over!” Pinkie contested, “What about all those crazy muffins that Evil Twilight made! Everypony’s still addicted to them! And what about that meteor that’s going to strike in eight years, kill everypony, and make the princess go crazy?!”

“What?” Celestia stammered, “What do you speak of?”

“Yeah, that Twilight with the eye patch told us all about it.” Pinkie replied.

“Horsefeathers...” Twilight groaned

*****

Meanwhile, on the streets of Manehattan, in a shady looking building, two vaudeville con-colts continued to peddle their wares.

“Yes, step right up folks! Step right up!” Flam announced, “Come and try our soon-to-be-famous cure-all cupcakes!”

“That’s right Manehattan!” Flim added, “Grab a dozen for the special low introductory price of 100 bits! You heard it folks! 100 bits!”

“Shut up and take my money!” a certain red-maned colt replied.



THAT"S ALL FOLKS!

Comments ( 4 )
Mad

First.... THREE TIMES!!!! :trollestia::trollestia::trollestia::trollestia::trollestia::trollestia::trollestia::trollestia::trollestia::trollestia::trollestia::trollestia::trollestia::trollestia:

No. I can't do this any more







:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

This story badly needs a few more "Random" tags. :derpyderp1: One simply isn't enough.
And maybe an M rating for "Mindfuck" :pinkiecrazy:
I gave it thumbs up, but srsly, WTF did I just read?

Well that was an unsatisfying conclusion with a ton of waffling on the clones' lives being worth anything. It seriously felt as if Celestia only cared about clones dying if they were killed by a magic beam instead of a chant.

Also, unless I missed something somewhere, this is in no way deserving of the sex tag (nor adventure).

Login or register to comment