• Published 28th Jun 2014
  • 1,089 Views, 40 Comments

Twilight and the Marysue - Levitating Piez



Twilight learns the meaning and and annoyance of a Mary-sue

  • ...
0
 40
 1,089

The arrival of a Mary-sue

Author's Note:

I know, there are probably quite a few stories to do with Twilight and fanfictions, but I figured that this would be fun. Also, sorry for the terrible cover-art. I'm lazy :P

Twilight sat calmly at the computer, her hooves poised above the keyboard. A pair of eager, excited eyes flickered over the last paragraph she had written, and she gave a contented smile. Perfect, it was so enrapturing, so…so perfect! Spike came downstairs from the upper section of the library, a book tucked under his arm. “What’re you doing there Twi?” he asked, wandering closer to peer at the screen.

“Oh, only writing out a fanfiction so beautiful and flawless, it will make everypony’s eyes bleed!” Twilight giggled, holding a disconcerting amount of joy in the previous sentence.

“Right,” Spike muttered, shooting an eyebrow upwards. He squinted at the wall of text. “Nice, nice…good grammar, decent spelling, and- wait. What, no, it can’t be…” Spike trailed off, releasing the book from his grip. It fell to the floor, pages fluttering open.


“What is it?” Twilight begged to know, her voice panicked and worried.

“Twilight, I’ll be straight with you-”

“But that wouldn't work out for my new fanfics at all!” the princess-to-be cried in desperation. “You see, I've got this brilliant, yet slightly unusual, ship with you and Big-“

“That’s not what I meant!” Spike cut in, blushing. “Your…character is a Mary-sue.”

“Mary-what?”

“A Mary-sue, a main character. They’re these characters that are perfect in every way. They look great, even if they've been in battle or something, nothing bad ever happens to them, or if it does, they instantly avert it, they have an overly tragic past…and worst of all, the amount of mares and stallions they can attract!”

“But…Moonbeam Sugar Beauty Stardust has only been shipped with two stallions and three mares! Well, so far, I mean; in this chapter.” Spike shook his head in dismay and sorrow. He thought…he though Twilight was a pony with innovative and originality? What sort of virus had wormed its way into her brain?

“Well…well, let’s have a read over,” he burbled quickly, eyes hastily flying over the intro to the story, if you could call it that.

My name is Moonbeam Sugar Beauty Stardust, but all ten of my friends simply call me Moonbeam. I have a long, shiny torrent of silky violet hair and a coat as glossy as delicate arctic ice. It is a deep, poisonous purple in coloring. My eyes are glowing orbs of fiery aqua flames. I try to be a good person, but sometimes my evil bat-pony side takes over, overthrowing my pure unicorn persona, spilling a trail of sweet crimson blood in her path. Of course, everyone forgives me, for they know that it is truly not my fault. My elegant, dashing Prince Ice Blade loves me for who I am. I love to read oh-so-much, and the internet adores and praises my fanfictions. All ponies around know I have a great intelligence. The haters are evil and corrupted, so the entirety of the web shuns and ignores them.

“T-Twilight…I…I didn't think you’d stoop this low!” Spike was almost crying and weeping at the horrific sight of the fanfic, as much as he hated to admit it, but for some strange reason, he couldn't help but swivel his head around and resume fighting through the rest of it.

When I was but a young filly, a tragic event occurred. My mother was awfully killed in a blazing house-fire, unfortunately of my own demonic making when my evil side took control and blasted a plume of fire onto our house. I managed to break free of my possession and escape, but my mother was not as lucky. My father has hated me ever since that tragedy, and banished me from his sight. Luckily, due to the arrival of a beautiful floating pegasus with luxuriant, snowy-white hair, I found of my special ancient powers within my soul that could be used to defeat any villain, monster or creature that attempted to mess with me, no matter how corrupted.

“Oh, sweet Celestia. You've gone too far, you’re in too deep, she’s become overpowered.”

“What do you mean?” Twilight questioned a look of mock innocence on her face.

“She defeats a hoard of ginormous dragons with a single blast of magic,” Spike dead-panned, his green eyes dead.

“Y-yeah…but there are far worse cases out there, and you know it, Spike!” she protested frantically, frowning.

“Whatever. Also, you've given her the most tragic back-story possible, posing her father as the bad guy!” he whined, splaying his hands pathetically.

“She was just an innocent little filly! Of course he’s the bad guy, he kicked her out of her own home due to something far beyond her control!”

“SHE BURNT THE HOUSE DOWN AND KILLED HER MOTHER!” Spike cried in distressed anguish. “WHAT WOULD YOU DO?!” Twilight was silent.

“Twilight, she’s practically you with a slightly tweaked appearance.”

“No way!”

“I love to read? The whole glorified fanfiction thing? At one point, you even mentioned that she was being trained by Princess Sunbutt to become a princess and learn the magic of love!” he wailed, stomping furiously.

“That’s nothing like me!” Twilight argued, her face flushing slightly red in the heat of the rage.

“All of her friends admire her like she’s a god! Kings and Queens bow down to her like servants, and the bad guys are the only people that hate her!”

“Well I guess you must be a bad guy then,” Twilight hissed, a scowl screwing up her mouth. Alarmed, but refusing to let it show, Spike glared up at her. He was…a little scared, to be honest. He’d never had such a heated argument with Twilight before.

“Fine,” he muttered, crossing his scaly arms and turning away from the angry unicorn at the computer.

“I’m still publishing it though,” Twilight said, her voice followed by the swift clicking of a mouse. “Ha-ha! It’s done!” Spike clenched his pointed teeth, claws digging into his scales. Why was Twi being so arrogant all of a sudden? It was probably because her last fanfic had been so immensely popular and famous. She simply believed that she could just earn that same respect by writing any old thing.

It took an agonizing hour of anxious pacing from Twilight and a comforting bowl of jewels for Spike, but finally the story had been, miraculously, accepted and posted up for the whole community to see and judge, and the internet was certainly not kind. Spike cringed discreetly behind Twilight’s back, worried about her reaction to the responses to her story, if it could even be called one.
“Look, Spike, I’ve got a comment!” Twilight announced smugly, checking it out instantly. Spike shuffled reluctantly over, squinting towards the comment box.

“This thing sucks. Was it written by a filly?”

Twilight’s eyes became purple pin-pricks. The stuffy temperature of the library seemed to plummet to the minus side. Her mouth worked silently in an attempt to speak.

“W-What…?”

“I’m sorry to say this, Twi, but I told yo…” Spike was cut off as a cheery pinging sound alerted the unicorn that there was a new comment.

“I just took the Mary-sue test on that atrocity Moonbeam. She got 239, and 50 is the sign of having an absolutely terrible Mary-sue.”

“I… I can’t believe my story has dropped to the degrading point of a…an extreme Mary-sue.” Twilight’s lip trembled pitifully.

“It’s ok, Twi. There’s always a chance to start over, try again. It’s never too late to improve,” Spike encouraged the whimpering pony, patting her back in the friendly way he always had when Twilight moped.

“Yeah, you’re right, Spike,” she sniffed with a weak smile, straightening out her back. Twilight exited out of the comment section and opened up a new document to begin typing in.

“What’s that for?” Spike asked, confused.

“I’m gonna make a sequel to my story! And this time, there’ll be even more hot scenes to please the masses!”

Comments ( 32 )
Comment posted by Levitating Piez deleted Jun 28th, 2014

4612430
My lord.
I'm a hero. :derpyderp2:
I had so much fun writing this :rainbowlaugh:

4612451 I had a blast reading it! I needed this to brighten up my day. Thank you haha

I really hope this makes it to the featured or popular list. This was hilarious! :twilightsmile:

I know, there are probably quite a few stories to do with Twilight and fanfictions, but I figured that this would be fun.

If there isn't already, there should be a group for these! :pinkiehappy:

4612564
If there was a group for these.
I would
Oh my
Join it! :pinkiehappy:

4612491
No problem! I love to make people happy :twilightsmile:

Remember Twilight. The proportion of nsfw content counteracts the proportion of terrible quality for the rest of the story. Nsfw content gets a bonus point multiplier if it's even just a little by good.

4613284
People will do anything for nsfw, Twilight. Just keep on doing what you're doing, the masses love it.

Very cute and funny! Given how Twilight's power just keeps increasing each season, I wouldn't be surprised if it went to her head and she did something like this :twilightblush:

Hey kags look where this has got you. Yu officially have a chance to become famous. Just what I would expect from my best friend.

When the first comment went up in the story about it bing written by a filly I thought

That story was not but this story was!

4615236
Before you know it, she'll be creating an army of Mary-sues. :raritydespair:

4615860
I shall not let fame go to my head.
Like Twilight.
(That nickname tho) :moustache:

4616255 Whats wrong with it? Kags is awesome!

4616759
I was expressing how awesome it was! :pinkiehappy:

4616795 YEAY:yay: BTW are you going to keep that name (Midnight Kagerou Lover)? I won't judge if you wanna change it, this is your account now.

oh and if you wanna good manga to read, read fullmetal alchemist. Just started it and it is really gooooood

4616919
FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST?! Oh god, I tried watching the anime and had a heartattack on the first episode. :pinkiegasp: I'll probs keep the name. I dunno.
Also, oh dear lord, I just watched Don't hug me I'm scared and I nearly died. It's freaking terrifying. :fluttercry:

4617041 whass that? Also mekakucity actors just gave its last episode and god. It was amazing

4617492
Awesome, more anime to drool over :twistnerd:
Also, just... don't watch what I mentioned. It's this adorable video with the muppets, and then everything just hits the fan :pinkiecrazy:

4618014
:pinkiecrazy: YOU WILL GIVE MEH YOUR EYES!
P.S.... I'm watching attack On Titan. THE FEELS :raritycry: It has all this humor incorporated into it though. My god, Potato girl, I love you... :D

4618164 Dude! I told you not to watch iiiit:derpyderp1:

4620312
Watch out, it's all I'll be talking about for ages:twistnerd:. Oh and also, I FINALLY OWN GHIBLI MOVIES :twistnerd:!!! Ponyo and Spirited Away! :rainbowwild: :pinkiehappy:

Comment posted by Levitating Piez deleted Jun 30th, 2014

4859472
This is actually my friend's old account, so it's her name and she loves Kagerou Days. I've started to read the manga and it's really good, so my favourite character so far is probably either Kano or Mary. :derpytongue2:

4859623
I haven't had any requested fanfictions. A few people wanted to see a sequel to a story I'd written, so I've got that up today, but not particularly.

4859899
Wow, that's a big step for me. Just to let you know, I'm not too experienced with Kagerou Days if it includes that, but sure, just tell me the idea. You could PM me if you want or write it here, I don't mind. :derpytongue2:

4860216
Sounds good. I might not get to work on it right away, but I will as soon as possible. It might be a oneshot because I usually stick to to that unless I have a very clear idea of what's going to happen next. I'll happily do it though. :3 Do you want it to be comedy, dark, romance?

4860456
Is it ok if I use your avatar as the cover? That way people will know what she looks like easily '3'
Also, I've got an idea of how she got to Ponyville. But you'll have to wait and see. :)

4864823
Thanks! I don't know when I'll have it done (Cause I'm laaaazy) but hopefully I'll actually complete it. You might have to be patient though XD

4867098
cool, I'll have it done at...some point.

Login or register to comment