• Published 2nd Aug 2014
  • 452 Views, 5 Comments

Clairevoyance - DayDreams



Claire, a blank flank filly, discovers her hidden talent amidst her parents' historical studies. Unfortunately, the strange happenings around her do not seem to stop. Is this her destiny?

  • ...
 5
 452

The Realization

Claire went to bed defeated. Arguing with her mother was futile. She closed her eyes, suddenly overwhelmed by all that had occurred. Surprisingly, she dozed off.


Claire blinked in absolute darkness. She had awoken from her snooze. It was pitch black. must be around three in the morning she guessed. She wanted to go to the loo. She got out of bed and put a hoof onto the cold marble floor.
cold! she thought, as her eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness.

As Claire made her way to the nearest bathroom, past the wardrobe, she was amused to note that the creepy crawly ghost pony didn't make an appearance. She was surprised, moreover, that she was amused and not relieved that it didn't. Had she become so unafraid of the paranormal?

Musing over this realisation, Claire didn't notice where she was. She mentally facehoofed.

Lost

Yeah, so she was lost in a ghost infested, labrynth-like mansion, alone, at night, with a bladder that might burst any moment.

Luckily for her, a little later, she came across what she was desperately in need of.
A bathroom.

However, just as she was about to open the door, she heard a feminine voice hum a song.
Claire stood rooted to the spot.
Her hooves refused to obey their instincts and one pushed open the door.

As the door squeaked open, Claire stepped in, no longer able to contain the urge.
The humming stopped. The curtains were pulled across the bathtub. Cautiously, Claire peed, for what seemed like an eternity. As she was about to exit, the humming resumed. She turned to look at the source.

Behind the curtains, lying in the bathtub was the unmistakable silhouette of a pony. A blue hoof slowly pulled back the curtains. A mare stepped out. Claire's jaw dropped.


There stepping out of the tub was an older version of Claire. It was unmistakably her, for the made had her colours and turquoise eyes. Only she looked about a hundred.

"Hello Claire. Nice to finally meet you....or myself, technically speaking."
"How...how did you...I..", stuttered Claire trying to get her bearings.
" I am you eight decades from now, no don't interrupt. My time here is limited. What I have to tell you has the potential to change your destiny."
Claire's eyes invariably travelled to the mare's flank, where rested a shimmering eye, like her own eyes.

"Many years from now, many will seek your help and your power regarding what you see...and others can't. Use it wisely. You have a gift and you mustn't throw it away. Use it to help other ponies. Your parents only want your safety, but that won't help you to survive."

Claire's eyes narrowed.

"How do I trust you? How do I know if your just an apparition trying to trick me?", she asked.

"Listen to your instincts, but follow your heart. There is a Society for Paranormal Studies in Baltimare. As soon as you finish school, enroll into it...", so saying, the older Claire vaporised before Claire could say anymore.


Claire awoke from the dream.
It was just a dream.
It was eight in the morning.
She got out of bed, brushed her teeth, combed her mane, and went down for breakfast.

Downstairs, her parents, her brother, Varnish and the smell of pancakes greeted her.

Her mother got up from her place," I'm so sorry about yesterday, dear.", she said.
"Its OK mum", Claire said, and took her place beside her brother. He was starring at her in disbelief.

"What are you gaping at me like that for?",she asked.
"Seriously?! You got your cutie mark! Didn't you realize it you dunce?!", he cried.

Claire asked him in dread, "Really? What does it look like?".



"An eye, just like yours."


Author's Note:

Finished one! There will be a sequel in which an older Claire revisits her childhood home from before her memories were erased, after graduating from the Institute of Paranormal Studies, Baltimare. Phew!!

Comments ( 3 )

Congrats on finally managing to finish this! I found it an enjoyable read overall and hope you're able to improve on it for Clair's next outing.

Comment posted by DayDreams deleted Apr 3rd, 2016

7081750 Thanks... I'm just a beginner, so it's nothing great....but I'll try and improve..:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment