• Published 2nd Aug 2014
  • 451 Views, 5 Comments

Clairevoyance - DayDreams



Claire, a blank flank filly, discovers her hidden talent amidst her parents' historical studies. Unfortunately, the strange happenings around her do not seem to stop. Is this her destiny?

  • ...
 5
 451

The Wardrobe

"Lets have a game of cards, shall we?" said Varnish as he led his guests into his bedroom.

"Err...well...sure...if you don't mind having us in your private quarters." replied Relic hesitantly.

"That's nothing. Besides its just a bedroom." Varnish insisted.

He made his way to a chest of drawers in a corner the room and pulled out a pack of playing cards. He returned and dealt around everypony's cards. Though Claire was in no mood for any games, she soon forgot her uneasiness and got into the game.

Just as the game got into full swing, Varnish, an asthma patient, needed his inhaler. Swift was in the toilet, so it fell onto Claire to go get the inhaler from the hall.

"Claire! Quick! Go get the inhaler. Its on that bureau in the hall." said her mom.

'Why me' thought Claire as her fear returned.
Gulping down the knot that had formed in her throat, she made her way through the dreaded corridor to the hall. Nothing happened.

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Her imagination, from reading so many horror stories and watching horror movies, had probably begun to run wild. But still, she had never been very scared of being alone before. She might not be the bravest filly of her age, but surely, she was not scared of such things.

As she thought over why she was so afraid, she found the inhaler on top of the bureau as she had been told. She levitated it with her magic and brought it down. She realized she had to move fast and began to trot back. But when she reached the corridor, her heart once again filled with dread at the sight of the wardrobe with the mirror in it.

She tried to ignore it, as she drew closer to it, failing miserably. She quickened her pace. She went past the mirror. nothing happened. Sighing, she turned to look back at it.

And then she saw it.

A gruesome pony staring back at her from the other side of the mirror.

A hoof slipped out of the slightly ajar wardrobe.

She opened her mouth to scream, but nothing came out. She was paralyzed with fear.

Then her instincts managed to return and she sprinted back to Varnish's room with as much speed and strength as her filly legs could muster.

She burst through the door, gasping for breath. Everypony looked at her. Varnish's breathing was normal. Maybe it had just been a bad dream. Maybe none of this was real.

"What took you so long Claire?" sternly asked her father.

"You galloped all the way, and still you didn't come back for like ages." cried Swift, who must have returned while she had been gone.

"Hey its okay, little filly. Your papa here helped me fix myself." reassured Varnish.

"Dear, is everything alright. You seem shaken." said her mother, glaring at her son and husband.

All the while the rest were speaking, Claire's mind focused only on the...thing...she saw back in the mirror. Her mother's concerned voice had brought her sharply back to reality. Her mother would understand. She should tell her.

Instead, she found herself saying, "I'm okay."

'Seriously, what am I doing?' she thought to herself.