• Published 2nd Aug 2014
  • 451 Views, 5 Comments

Clairevoyance - DayDreams



Claire, a blank flank filly, discovers her hidden talent amidst her parents' historical studies. Unfortunately, the strange happenings around her do not seem to stop. Is this her destiny?

  • ...
 5
 451

The House of Antiques

By the time they all reached Varnish's house, night had fallen. As if the long and weary train ride was not enough they had traverse vast meadows. Their cab drivers were exhausted, so they let them go back before they got there.

As they trotted uphill, or flew in the case of Swift and his mom, they came in sight of an old mansion.

"Lets get there quickly. This deserted place is giving me the creeps." shuddered Swift. True, the vast empty land was rather eerie in the dark.

Varnish chuckled,"Yeah, I know. No one wanted this house because they thought it was haunted, and they still do. But that's just a rumor, and I've lived here long enough to know better than that."

"I sure hope so." mumbled Swift under his breath.

Claire caught these words and started snickering.

"What's it?" asked Swift.

"Oh nothing. Only, somepony was calling a certain filly a nerd who did extra work cause she was afraid that her teachers might scold her if she didn't......and here's that very same pony saying that he is scared of the dark." she replied.

Before he could make a cutting remark, Swift was distracted by the sound of two great wooden doors creaking with age as they were opened. There in front of him lay a large hall with all sorts of antique furniture in great condition, undoubtedly the work of Antique Varnish. Pity he couldn't find time to make himself look half as good as them.

"You sure have been working on this place." said Relique voicing everyone's thoughts.

"Ever since I found it. It was nearly in ruins when I found it." said their host, beaming. He was definitely very proud of his work.


As the family was being led further in by their host, Claire was enraptured by the lovely detail of each and every piece around her. The sights were too beautiful for her to take in at once, so she slowed down a little. Maybe she could indeed have some scope of finding
her cutie mark in here.

Just when they were midway through a narrow corridor, the ponies in front of her came to an abrupt stop and Claire heard her mother exclaim over something. She went ahead and found them all looking at a thin and tall wardrobe, with one half having a full size mirror fixed onto it. It looked as if it were expressly made for showing off, because it certainly couldn't accommodate much in addition to having fabulous carvings on it.

" Its from 23 centuries ago....it was left behind by a ruler from the Mareovingian dynasty......" she heard Varnish rattle on to her parents. She was too busy admiring its beauty to bother about details.

But something seemed off about it. She just didn't know why. And then she saw something move inside the slightly ajar door. She jumped back, surprised.

'Must be rats.' she thought trying to calm down. Still she couldn't put her hoof on exactly why she didn't want to see that wardrobe any more. She heard the others' hoofsteps and ran up and started walking next to her brother. She realized that she couldn't admire the things around her anymore. She wanted to get out of there.

She felt unsure.

She was
...
...
...
...
...
...
"scared".

Author's Note:

It gets a bit creepy from here. And....YAAAAY.... the exams are now behind me!!!!! So here is a little something to celebrate it.