• Published 17th May 2014
  • 529 Views, 8 Comments

The Dark Chaos War - Kamen rider yokai



when young soul was born he must help stop a war that should never have started with the help of crimson fang he will grow to be who he is meant to be. the shadow knight of nexus.

  • ...
19
 8
 529

seeds of the future

Chapter 6: Seeds of the Future.
It took them three years, but they finally to track down the seed they needed to find. The now seventeen year old shade glared at the wasteland that was once a forest. According to Starswirl the seed they were looking for was in the Crystal Empire. The crystal seed is a special seed that is produced by the crystal heart only once every fifteen millennia. And the seed was going to form any day now. The guardian shade, his team the Prince's Guard, and Fang were on their way to said empire, while avoiding an army of rouge shades, which ironically is what said army thought the group was a part of.

Soul griped his blade with his element set inside and Fang nodded to his brother in all but blood. The three year olds, Celestia and Luna, were with them, worried for their brothers and cousins. The team moved silently, trying to not alert any of the nearby shades. The world had quite literally gone to Hell when Nox went mad, and the group had managed to form a small resistance, consisting of ponies, griffons, minotaurs, and a changeling hive. Said resistance was more or less just holding off the shades, trying to prevent them from taking more land.

The group had spent the past three years training for this, and now it was time to retrieve the final item they needed to stop the war. Unfortunately the empire was under Nox's jurisdiction, so they had to sneak into the, currently, shade infested empire and get the seed. Well, only Fang and Soul were actually going into the empire, while Edge and Muse watched Celestia and Luna. They knew the risk they were taking in order to stop the war, and they would gladly pay the price. They had managed to get to the tundra where the empire was located, in fact, they could see said empire in the distance.

Soul pulled out six small orange and silver colored pills and passed two each to the other shades of the group. These were an invention of Starswirl's, eclipse capsules. They were made with solid light and dark magic, with the purpose of extending the limit of time that shades could survive in sunlight, they already had to take some halfway through the dessert and, to say the least, they worked. The shades each swallowed their capsules, and Soul hugged Luna close, wrapping her in his cloak. Luna seemed to have become Soul's favorite sister, as she spent more time with him than Fang, who spent more time with Celestia. "Big brother? How much longer do we have to wait until we get to this 'Crystal Empire'?" Asked Luna.

"Another day at the most, the downside of shadow travel is that I can't travel to a place that I never been to before. That, and lately magic has been slightly out of order because of Discord. We'll have to work fast in order to make the world a better place for you and Celestia. Thing is, even if we do manage it I'm not sure how long it will take to seal all the shades except me, Edge, Muse and Spell Weaver." Suddenly the shade gripped his cloak tighter as a cold wind hit the group. "Y'know, the more I think about how this can go wrong, the more determined to stop this I get. You and Celestia, along with Fang, are my only reason to live on, and I don't know how, but I'm sure that things will work out." The shade looked ahead and saw a ton of snow blowing in the wind ahead of them. "Hold on, we're about to enter a blizzard!" Said Soul, as he tightened his cloak around Luna and himself, and trudged forward through the snow.

Fang kept Celestia warm by covering her with his right wing as the group of six moved through the blizzard, no doubt set up by Caster Shades. The black alicorn turned his head and looked at his white coated sister. 'That's right Soul these two, and each other, are our reason to continue living on. They are all that's left of mother, and I vowed that I would not to let them come to harm...' Fang looked at Celestia and gave a small smile. Two months ago, he had noted with amusement that she and Luna, as well as Soul, seemed to be unaffected when he entered what Soul called his 'power mode', which caused his mane to flow in a non existent wind. Soon the group stopped in a cave to bunker down for the night. Soul pulled some fire wood out of his hammer space and Muse lit it with a fire spell.

"Big brother? Can you please tell me a story?" Asked Luna. Celestia glanced at Soul with a pleading look. Soul smiled and rolled his eyes.

"Okay, okay, just shut that look down and I will." He glanced to the side and looked at the female shade that was sitting against the wall of the cave. "Muse, I will get you back for teaching them that pout." Said Soul as he nudged the Witch. Fang chuckled, knowing that with how cute their sisters were, they could persuade Soul to do whatever they wanted. Soul cleared his throat and started his tale.

"Long ago, around seven hundred years back, there lived a darkness dragon by the name of Nox Void. He was one of the ten primordial dragons, those able to manipulate an element at will. And like all dragons he was full of greed. thrown from his tribe and region, he vowed to create his own nation to rule. He started his plan by mastering his element, darkness, like no other. His skill with shadows and darkness soon grew to legendary proportions, and during his training to master his skills he found a strange ore, created when the vast amount of shadow magic he used had saturated the ground.

"He named the ore Nexium, and from his knowledge of alchemy, he made a golem from it, creating the first shade. Soon, after building a whole kingdom of them, he had found that he had overused his element and it had warped him into the very thing he created, a shade. A century later he married a half pony shade named Crescent. The two lived for almost six centuries, as the rulers of Nexus, the Kingdom of Shadows. And around 18 years ago, they had a son that they named Tamashii Souto no Nexus, the Prince of Shadows.

"Their son was raised to always help those in need, and had a good friend in the King of Monsters who was born three decades before the Prince. But a few years before the Prince of Shadows was born, a war had erupted between Nox and a spirit of balance. This was during the time before Nox married Crescent, mind you. The war ended when the spirit somehow managed to absorb the insanity that had befallen Nox from the overuse his element. In the end, the spirit became twisted in both mind and form, now a being of chaos, he took on a new name, Discord.

"Nox, with his now repaired mind, threw Discord out of Nexus, and he was never heard from again, until three years ago. He had arrived before the Prince, now a guardian shade, the King of Monsters, the Prince's godparents and two loyal friends, along side Nox his wife, as well as the King of Monsters mother. But he wasn't alone. He had recruited four demons to help him get revenge on his old foe. He had taken the lives of queen crescent and queen scarlet but queen scarlet did one last act before her death. She split her magic into twin strands light and dark magic. Those split strands of magic eventually formed two alicorn fillies.

"The Prince of Shadows saw that the loss of his mother had broken the mind of his father, creating a demon even the rulers of Oblivion would fear. The Prince called to his godparents to get the group out of there, while he had rushed to save the fillies and their enraged brother, who was busy trying to rip Discord's head off, and they were taken to the home of the Prince's godparents. That day, the group vowed that they would give their lives to stop the resurrected war, and to put the world back into the way it was supposed to be." Said Soul and the two fillies awed at how deep the story was not knowing it was actual history and how the two were born.

"Big brother, that sounds a lot like what we're doing right now..." Said Luna after she reviewed the story twice in her mind. To say that Soul was surprised that one of the two had connected the dots would have been a lie, but he had expected that Celestia would be the one to do so, she was the more analytical of the two.

With a sigh, the shade explained. "That's because that is what's happening. All of that really happened. You're old enough to know that I'm not really related to you and Fang, but we're brothers in all but blood, and I'm glad you accepted me as family, since my own was torn apart right before my eyes. Now get some sleep, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow..." Said Soul, as he removed his cloak, and gave it to the fillies so they could use it as a blanket.

"No matter what happens, you'll always be our brother!" Said Celestia, giving Soul a hug before she and Luna went to sleep. Muse giggled when she saw that Luna had rested her head on Soul's armored leg, looking quite conferrable there.

The knight rolled his eyes. "Laugh it up, Muse. We all still need to figure out where Nox hid the crystal heart..." Said Soul.

"Right, sorry, but this, right here, is just way to cute. You're good with kids, Soul. That's a sign of a good ruler." Said Muse.

Fang looked at the wing-blade shade, Edge. "I want you and Muse to stay behind, that way we can keep Celestia and Luna safe, and have a easier time sneaking in."

"Agreed, oh and before I forget to mention it, I can sense a certain trio in the Empire, so you have to be careful." Said Edge. With that the for beings went to sleep.

The next day, before Fang and Soul trudged through the snow once more, they walked over to Celestia and Luna, and nodded to Muse and Edge. Soul bent down and gently hugged Luna. "Stay safe, and whatever you do, don't trust anything that can harm you, I don't want you two to get hurt." Said Soul.

"Okay big brother..." Whispered Luna, unaware that Soul placed a spell on her and Celestia, to let him know if they were in danger. What could he say, he had gotten attached to them. The two brothers in all but blood nodded and ran out of the cave and toward the Empire with Soul turning into his unicorn self, once out of sight of the kids and his adoptive sibling/cousins. He looked forward his amber eyes glinting with determination.

He and Fang kept their senses up, along with their guard, and quickly got to the castle. Soul could sense the crystal heart now, and nodded to Fang. "The throne room, that's where the heart's at. Let's be careful, we don't have much time." Said Soul. The two entered and made sure to avoid soul's ex-classmates. They overheard a pair saying that Nox was out back in Nexus to coordinate the war effort. Soul grit his teeth and nodded to Fang, signaling that it was time to continue.

The two soon located the throne room and Soul shifted back to his shade form. The two entered the room and, lo and behold, Shadow Fang, and his two cronies, Aero and Burst, were there, guarding the crystal heart. In a cage above them was what appeared to be some of the Empire's citizens, the crystal ponies, half of them however were fillies and colts. Soul narrowed his eyes. "Shadow Fang, I figured you would be here. It's been three years since you tried to sabotage me." Said Soul.

"Well, well, Prince Tamashii. Long time no see. I see your still hanging out with that King of Monsters pony..." Said Shadow in a tone that showed he had clearly lost his mind.

"Fang may be a vampony, but you're the monster here, Shadow. What did my dad do to have you enslave a whole kingdom?" Asked Soul, keeping his sword at the sheathe, ready to react as Fang pulled out his own sword, which had a faint glow surrounding it.

"Oh, he just asked me to do it, so I did." Shadow finished with a chuckle.

"Enough talk! You fall here!" Shouted Fang, the glow around his sword becoming brighter as it began to catch on fire.

"Yes, I will be handsomely rewarded for taking the head of the Traitor Prince! Oh, you didn't know your own father put a bounty on you Prince? No dead or alive, just dead! Face it, you no longer have a place in Nexus and when I'm through with you, you're gonna beg me to kill you!" Laughed Shadow raising his daggers, as Aero took out his drill-lance and Burst pulled out two crossbows.

Soul watched as shadow charged at him and, in a flash, he unsheathed his sword and slashed him across the waist, where his core was located. Shadow stumbled and muttered. "Guess I underestimated you, didn't I?" He began to disappear as he fell to his knees. "I return to the darkness from which I came..." He fell leaving his daggers and shield. Soul picked them up, and used the shield to block the arrows Burst shot at him. He noticed that Fang had taken flight to fight Aero, their weapons colliding with a clang sending shock waves through the room from the sheer force of the impacts.

"The fire of battle surges and calls out! I command thee to strike down my foes in burning agony! May ghostly flames sear thy soul and return you to darkness that ye came from!" Chanted Soul as his sword started to be wrapped in a ghostly fire. "Will-o-the-Wisp!" With the spell finished, Soul began slashing at the arrows with the ghostly fire. He jumped and channeled his magic through his blade, making it shine silver. "Lunar Crescent!" Roared Soul, slashing Burst from head to toe.

A blue line shown from where Soul made the cut as the shade fell backwards. "I return to the shadows from which I came..." Breathed Burst, leaving a cape and his crossbows behind. Soul put on the cape and turned, only to see that Fang was having trouble with Aero, who's drill-lance kept him from getting close.

Soul kicked up the crossbows and tossed them to Fang. "Fang, use these!" Said Soul. Fang caught them and flew back readying a spell.

"Heart, shine thy light and guide my attack. Pierce my opponent with the light of day, create a blaze so hot it rivals the sun! Phoenix Flare!" Casted Fang he shot twin arrows of light and fire that merged to form a phoenix that swerved around Aero's attacks and pierced the shade's armor.

"I return to the shadows from which I came." He said as he vanished.

Soul picked up the lance. "Let's get that seed and get out..." Said Soul grimly, knowing that he had to kill his own kind, since Discord killed his mother, and left his father as a shell of who he once was. He feared it wouldn't be the last time he would have to do so either. They went to the heart and it rippled, releasing a crystalline seed.

Soul looked at the cage and slashed the lock off. "Go, round up what ever you can and take back the empire! And no matter what happens, keep your hope alive!" Said Soul.

A grey colt approached. "Thank you sir, we will!" Said the colt. Soul noticed that the colt was a unicorn, his horn was curved upward and was a crimson red in color. As he had never seen a unicorn like him, he became interested in the colt.

"What's your name little one?" Asked Soul.

"Sombra Cuarzo, sir, and good luck with whatever it is you're going to do." Said the colt. Soul nodded and grabbed Fang before he traveled back to their friends.

Soul handed the lance to Muse and Fang gave Edge the crossbows, knowing he could use them with his talons. With that, the group teleported back to Golden Oaks. "It is done, we have the seed..." Said Soul

"Thank Faust that we're almost done." Said Starswirl.

"Yeah, and we now have everything we need in order to seal Nexus away." Said Soul.

"Big brother, no matter what happens, you'll always be family..." Said Luna.

Soul nodded. He was sad that he and Fang would lose their memories of the two fillies, but it had to be done. Even if it made Luna and Celestia forget them as well, they knew the bond they had would never be broken.

Unnoticed by everyone, except a mouse that was sitting in the corner of the room, a specter shade entered Luna, but didn't possess her.

The Shade Prince gathered the items needed to seal the kingdom. The seed, a basilisk fang, the shell of a phoenix's egg and a small pouch of ashes.

Fang pulled out a small mirror and it glowed a light burst from it and shot out a window, splitting into twelve strands and forming twelve demons. The group, now consisting of Fang, Edge, Muse and Soul, walked outside and saw that the Transylmaneian army stood there, waiting for the upcoming battle. "Everyone, this is it. This war is about to end, and we need you to keep the shades off our backs while me, Soul and the archdemons seal the shades away in Tenebris." Said Fang.

"We are outnumbered, but you all are much stronger than you know. We must make sure that the world survives, we can't let doubt destroy us, this is the final stand. Good luck to you all! Maggio Faust, il Creatore, ci guidi!" Roared Soul.

"Maggio Faust, il Creatore, ci guidi!" Bellowed the army. Soul, Muse, Edge, Fang, the Archdemons and the army marched forward to the wasteland that would become the Everfree Forest, over the hills, Nexus can be seen in the distance. In between them and the city, was a huge army of shades.

Soul looked to his side and saw a cat jump onto Fang's shoulder. The vampony nodded, signaling that it was time. "Let's go!" Roared Soul.

Starswirl and Spell Weaver, along with Celestia and Luna, watched from Golden Oaks Library as the battle for the world started.

Author's Note:

Authors notes.

Maggio Faust, il Creatore, ci guidi. = May Faust, the Creator, guide us.

Sorry it took so long to get this chapter out had to wait on my editor. But man has it been a while. I been busy with fanfiction.net and had gotten interested in five nights at Freddy's for the holiday spirit. I saw a clip and man the graphics are realistic couldnt tell it was CGI or a actual animatronic. Anyway the next two chapters will be written by dark star as I have no experience writing the kind of epic battle he does in king of monsters. I know my limits and not afraid to ask for help. In spirit of Halloween here is a Halloween picture

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment