• Published 17th May 2014
  • 528 Views, 8 Comments

The Dark Chaos War - Kamen rider yokai



when young soul was born he must help stop a war that should never have started with the help of crimson fang he will grow to be who he is meant to be. the shadow knight of nexus.

  • ...
19
 8
 528

resurgence of war

Madness and sanity are two sides of the same coin but just how deep are they? Just how can a person be deemed sane or just how can a person be deemed insane? - thadius arkham founder of arkham asylum.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter Five. Resurgence of War.

It had been two months and three weeks since Soul became a guardian, and now the royal families, as well as Soul's friends were taking a walk in the Nexian royal garden that, much to the king and queen's embarrassment, their son had planted himself. He had a green thumb like no other. According to Queen Crescent, Soul gets it from his unicorn grandfather, who had been a simple farmer before he became a soldier during the Dark Chaos War, and they were glad that he was in touch with his genetics. Unknown to them Soul was actually taking tips from the ghost of his grandfather. Fang had suspected that he was getting help from some invisible entity, but as he has no experience with the spirit world he had no way of telling for sure. Privately, Fang had given Soul the nickname the Spirit Channeler. The Prince of Shadows had been reluctant to say that it fit him after he caught Fang calling him that. Unbeknownst to the group, today was a day that Starswirl and his wife had been dreading for years. The day the Dark Chaos War resumed.

- Everfree Forest -

Discord, thanks to his insane mind, had wandered this little forest of chaos for years since he had been thrown out of Nexus. In that time he learned to cast away his sanity. The old part of him that was still Concord was aghast at what he had become, but right now the spirit of chaos and disharmony was looking over a certain trio of powerful demons. One was a grey ram with red eyes, and a collar lined with bells. The second was a centaur that had a top half resembling a minotaur. The final one resembled a human, but with a wispy tail instead of legs, moderate grey skin, and soulless yellow eyes. Next to the centaur was a demon that most would come to know as Scorpan. The names of the first three demons were Grogar, Tirek, and Arabus respectively. Discord had known of them when he was Concord. He knew these three were not your average demons. They would answer to no one but themselves. Tirek had the power to steal magic, whilst the demon Grogar had the power to steal youth, but it was Arabus who had gotten his attention. The demon had just the ability Discord needed. He had the power to devour shadows and gain strength from them. Working with the abilities of the other two, he was sure that together the Kingdom of Nexus would be no more.

Unknown by Discord, he was being spied on by a certain time lord and his wife from the future. "Ditzy we might have a problem. Looks like we’ve got a delivery to make." said Doctor Whooves. Ditzy Do otherwise known as Derpy Hooves nodded as her cross eyed stare was on Discord and the four demons. They stepped into the T.A.R.D.I.S. and, with an unknown sound, vanished with the Doctor holding a glowing ruby, just like Soul's Spirit Sapphire.

-Nexus garden-

Soul shuddered, wondering why he had just felt the shadows scream in fear. Looking at the other shades he saw that he was the only one of his kind to feel it, but it looked like Fang had felt something as well. Then to the shock of everyone, Queens Scarlet and Crescent collapsed. "Mother!" said both Soul and Fang as they rushed to support their respective mothers.

"What’s going on?" asked the witch named Muse, who was in shock, knowing that the two queens were in perfect health.

"This aura… No… It can’t be" said Starswirl, as Spell Weaver gasped in realization.

"What is it?" asked the wing-blade named Edge.

"Discord, and he's not alone! How in the world did he get those four to team up!?" said Starswirl.

"Who did he get together?" asked Nox Void, the shade king.

"He got three demons that are extremely dangerous individually, but if they are working together, they will be a major threat to our entire world!" said Spell Weaver.

"Tirek, Grogar and Arabus right?" asked Soul, they were the names that the shadows and spirits were telling him, his eyes unfocused as the spirit sapphire in his sword's hilt glowed.

"Yes, those three, as well as Tirek’s brother Scorpan, have teamed up with Discord." said Starswirl.

"How right you are my old student…" said a voice that was teetering on the edge of insanity, the voice made Soul's core pulse in unease. Looking to the sky the group watched as five figures landed on the ground.

"Oh no, it’s him…" said Starswirl as he got in front of his wife, knowing what the three demons could do to her.

"When we heard of this little kingdom that was just full of magic, it was a deal we couldn't pass up, we knew we had to check it out…" said Tirek as his brother grinned uneasily. Soul frowned.

"So you’re Discord?" asked Soul as he laid his mother down next to Queen Scarlet.

"Oh my you must be the Prince of Shadows, young Tamashii Souto right? Ha, I got to say Nox, you insufferable black dragon, your kid
sure has guts to speak to the Master of Chaos like that. Seeing a shade with such a noble soul that it makes me sick, I wonder what his despair would be like with yours 'king'." laughed Discord as he glared at his old foe, and with that snapped his fingers making the queens gasp in pain.

"Mother…" said Fang as he watched wide eyed, while Scarlet separated into twin magical vapors, one white the other dark blue. The vapors suddenly glowed before forming two fillies, one was white with a pink mane while the other was dark blue, like Soul but had a lighter shade of blue hair. Discord's chaos had killed Queen Scarlet and, in her last moments, split her magic to form two daughters, and Fang's younger sisters. Soul and his father watched as Queen Crescent started to disintegrate into particles of shadow. Discord had taken her ability to survive in sunlight.

"My son… Run and stay safe, for I fear what we feared has finally come, my husband I am sorry we never got the chance to give Soul a sibling to care for… Goodbye my family, for now I return to the shadows from whence I came…" said Crescent, with tears in her eyes, before she was just… Gone. Soul just looked at his father as his kind eyes suddenly transformed into those born of unending madness. It looked like that was the last straw for the king as it appeared the ex-dragon's mind was shattered and broken beyond repair, for good. Soul went wide eyed, realizing what was happening.

"Starswirl, Spell Weaver get us out of here! Father has completely lost his mind!" shouted Soul using his magic and shadow abilities to grab the fillies, and Fang, who was violently beating on the Draconequus known as Discord, while the two mages cast a transport spell that sent the group, excluding the dead queens and Nox, out of the kingdom. Just as they escaped Nox let loose a roar of rage and despair. The very earth shook and scattered the five who have set loose a demon far worse than even the King of Hell himself. Two of them, Grogar and Arabus, were sent far into the distance, while Tirek and his brother Scorpan were sent into a coma for a certain duo of princesses to face at a later date. As for Discord, he was sent all the way to where he would rule for many millennia. As for the kingdom, any shade still in it gave shouts of rage and madness as they lost their own minds from the sudden shift they felt in the magic of the kingdom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the basement of a certain library, the group reappeared, with both the King of Monsters and the Prince of Shadows staring blankly at the wall, not sure how to think, while the two fillies that was born by Queen Scarlet's last act. Star swirl himself looked at the brothers in all but blood, they just looked so lost. Especially his godson. He had just watched his whole family get torn apart. The fillies just hugged the two, hoping that they could help heal the two's pain. It seemed as if the two recognized Soul as another sibling. Because, right now that was just what they were, siblings.

"Okay you two, I know that this is not the best time, but we need to name these little fillies and see about what we can do about what has happened. I’m afraid to say it, but the Dark Chaos War has reignited, and that means that we are all that stand between life and the world's destruction." said Starswirl.

"Right, of course, but, what can we do? I hate to admit it, but their power far outstrips mine, I would die if I got near them. One can take my youth, leaving me weak for Tirek to take my magic and Arabus can eat my remains as I vanish like mother…" said Soul with grief in his voice.

"Soul don't forget you still have us here, and we really should name these two fillies here…" said Muse. Fang nodded as he looked at his new little sisters.

"Celestia Ilios Sunflare shall be this one's name." said Fang, nodding at the white alicorn filly on his back, who smiled at the name.

"Guess this little one is Luna Selini Starlight." said Soul, looking at the smaller blue alicorn on his back, who nodded at his voice.

"Right now, we are all the family that we have left, and I swear that I will not to let them come to harm like our late mothers. Right now however we need to find a way to stop Nox." said Fang.

"Than might we tell you how you can do that?" said a voice from the back wall. Turning their heads the group saw Ditzy and The Doctor smile at them, with the T.A.R.D.I.S behind them. "We have a delivery and a message for you all." said The Doctor.

"Who are you?" asked Starswirl.

"Me? Why, I’m The Doctor." said the brown stallion.

"Doctor who?" asked Fang with a raised eyebrow.

"Just The Doctor." said The Doctor with an amused grin. Soul though felt a flash in his mind as he looked at the time lord.

"Nah, you look more like a 'Time Turner' to me… I think we met somewhere before…" said Soul.

"Ah, a seer, very minor ability, but good enough to tell one of my pseudo names from my time, I just might keep an eye on you young prince." said The Doctor.

"Before my husband forgets, I am Ditzy Do but I’m also called Derpy Hooves. Also let's get back on track here." said Derpy.

"Quite right honey, anyway I see you already have one of the components we need." said The Doctor nodding to Soul's sword. "You might have noticed that, that gem is not normal. Well that's because it is one of two jewels from a set called the Elements of Balance that is the Element of Good, or Light, whichever you prefer young prince, and the other Element of Balance, the Element of Evil, or Darkness, is right here and is for King Fang to wield. Using both you can seal away the Kingdom of Nexus until you have trained yourselves to face your fears." said The Doctor.

"What else we need? A seed to grow a tree that will act as the anchor for the seal?" asked Edge in disbelief as Fang was handed the glowing ruby.

"Actually yes, yes you do." said The Doctor.

"Well walked right into that one." said Edge. Muse just shook her head.

"Wait, what is going to happen to us after the shades are sealed away? I know there has to be a price for this…" said Spell Weaver.

"Yes, there is. Your memories of the Dark Chaos War, and these two,” he said pointing to Edge and Muse, “will be sealed into Soul's element just in case. When Fang’s soul mate finds her destiny you two will be freed to help out. But know this, the road ahead is long and hard. Starswirl, Spell Weaver you both must raise the two princesses after the seal is done. They won't be able to remember their relation to Fang nor will he remember his to them once the seal is created. Now we must be off, I heard that 19932 is a good year to be in. Come on honey, allons~y" said The Doctor as both time travelers vanished. Soul sighed and looked to his adoptive cousins and family in all but blood
.
"You heard the odd, and possibly insane, pony with a teleporting blue box. Looks like we got a plan, and Fang, don't worry, my godparents are good folks to raise them. They will make sure they will be alright." said Soul as he regained his determination.

"Right, and Soul we will be with you until the end. Just don't forget us" said Muse with a smile on her face.

"You’re the one we will follow into hell, you’re like family to us." nodded Edge.

"Thanks you two. Now we got work to do. Fang alert your kingdom of what's happened, Muse go with Spell Weaver, Starswirl and Edge to find a seed able to absorb magic while I look for the spell needed to seal our old home away and end this war." said Soul.

"This is why I should learn from you on how to be a better tactician Soul." said Fang. Everyone nodded as they went to do their jobs. It was going to be a long three years, but they were sure that they could do it.

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long to update I had summer school but good news is that I finished it early so I got three weeks to make up for the long time you been waiting for. Like I said before my editor dark star the crazed has not been having a good month in real life but he is healing and able to continue his job soon so I count that as a good sign. It's quite a relief for this nineteen year old to know that. Anyway I decided to reveal how many chapters will be in this story not counting the prologue. I originally wanted 24 but I realized that some of the adventures might take longer than I thought so I'm upping it to 35 plus the epilogue for a total of 38 chapters. That means once chapter eight which is chapter seven is done I have thirty chapters to chronicle soul's travels until he appears in a lost soul returns the king of monsters. Heh that is going to be quite a bit of time skips here. I mean this is 15 thousand years we are talking about.