• Published 9th May 2014
  • 395 Views, 0 Comments

The Secret Power - RoyalRick



When Rainbow Dash discovers a dangerous magical artifact in Cloudsdale, she tries to find out as much as she can, but is it too much danger for even Rainbow Dash to handle?

  • ...
 0
 395

The Good, The Bad, and The Book

All throughout Ponyville, there was the thunderous sound of ponies cheering. The uproar was caused by a massive multi-colored explosion blasting throughout the sky. The cause of the great display was a blue pegasus with a rainbow mane. The pegasus's name was Rainbow Dash, and she was an amazingly talented flyer, even if at times a bit boastful.

"How do ya like that, everypony?" Rainbow looked down from high above the town. Her question was met with another roaring cheer from the crowd of ponies below. Rainbow soaked in the applause. She loved being in the spotlight and having everypony's attention on her.

"Thank you, thank you!" Rainbow took a victorious bow. "Thank you all for your love and admiration." The pegasus then flew off towards her friend, Twilight Sparkle's house.

Twilight was a purple alicorn that had a purple mane with a pink stripe. Being an alicorn meant that she had wings like a pegasus and a horn like a unicorn. And she wasn't just anypony, she was also a princess!

Twilight was up in the second floor of the Golden Oaks Library, where there was books scattered everywhere. The reason for the big mess was because there was a book that she was urgently searching for.

"Now where was that book at?" A frustrated Twilight asked spike, her pet baby dragon. "I know it was around here somewhere. If I could just remember."

"Is it this one?" Spike showed Twilight a book with a green cover.

"No, that's not it." sighed Twilight. "C'mon, keep looking."

Just then, Rainbow burst through the front door of Twilight's house like a missile, knocking Spike over and crashing into a bookshelf, making all of the books come falling down all over the floor.

Rainbow picked herself up off of the floor and brushed off. "Uh, Twilight, I think you need to clean up around here." "You're usually so organized, being the egghead that you are."

Twilight just rolled her eyes at the comment that Rainbow made. "If you'd have looked where you were going you would..." Twilight paused in the middle of her sentence. "Nevermind." She figured she would just drop the subject. After all, she was getting behind on her cleaning, so this was a good chance to catch up.

"So, Twilight, did you see that awesome sonic rainboom I just did out there?" Even though she had performed it just about a bazillion times, it was still exciting each time she did it. "All of the other ponies were cheering me on from all over ponyville."

"That sounds great, but I was too busy looking for a book, so I must've missed it." Twilight used her horn to pick up all of the books off the floor, then quickly search through them all and then neatly put them back on the shelves.

"What sort of book are you looking for?" Rainbow started picking up books and balanced them on her head. She didn't really care that much, unless of course it was a Daring Do book. Daring Do was an adventurer who did, well, daring things, and Rainbow was always trying to be just like her.

"It's a very important book that I need for my studies." Twilight said still scanning through the books. "It's titled The Sapphire Star of Cloudsdale."

The books fell of Rainbow's head as she quickly looked over at Twilight. "Huh, what are you talking about?"

"The Sapphire Star, it's a magical artifact that grants anypony one wish of anything that they want."

Rainbow Dash was fixated on Twilight, when Spike noticed Rainbow was standing on one of the books. "It looks like you missed a book Twilight." Spike said pointing towards where Rainbow stood.

She lifted her hoof up and noticed that she was standing on the book Twilight was looking for. "Oh, hey, here's that book you were lookin' for." Twilight looked over at Rainbow, but doing so she broke her concentration, making her drop all of the books. They all fell to the floor with a loud thud!

"Oops, uh Spike, could you please put these books up?" Spike let out an exhausted sigh and picked up a handful of books. "I'm on it."

"Thank you very much." Twilight gave Spike a 'cheer up smile' and turned her attention to the book. It was a big purple book with golden trim. Looking at it, Rainbow guessed it had about two or three hundred pages in it.

Twilight picked it up with her magic and set it down on her desk. She started rapidly flipping through the pages. She finally stopped somewhere about halfway through the book, on a page that had a picture of a beautiful gem. The gem had a deep blue hue and was in the shape of a star.

"Wow, is that the Sapphire Star?" Rainbow said with an astonished look on her face. There wasn't much that surprised her, but that gem looked absolutely awe-inspiring.

Twilight nodded her head and pointed at the page. "Yeah, and look what it says about it here."

"Legend says that it was first used by Princess Celestia to cast away an evil unicorn named Draken who wanted to use the gem's power to take away the wings of every pegasus in Cloudsdale."

"No way!" Rainbow shouted loudly. Rainbow pushed Twilight off to the side and placed her hooves up on the desk. Her head was hovering right over the book as she read aloud. "And look here, it says that to protect Equestria from anypony else using the Sapphire Star for evil purposes, it was locked away at Princess Celestia's request."

Rainbow Dash's expression turned angry and her hair frizzed up. "What in Equestria would make somepony want to do such an awful thing. Why, if I ever got my hooves on that no good unicorn... I'd... I'd...

"Twilight walked over to her friend and placed her hoof on Rainbow's shoulder. "Calm down Dash, there's no need to get all worked up over nothing."

Rainbow pushed her hair back down and chuckled. "Heh heh, yeah, that was a bit silly of me. But I can't understand why somepony would want to do something like that."

"Well, if you want to read up on it, you can borrow this book." Twilight closed the book and picked it up.

"But don't you need this for your studies or somethin'?" Rainbow asked.

"Oh yeah." Twilight scratched her head, trying to think of what she could do. "Actually, you can still borrow this book. I just remembered that the crystal empire library has that book too."

"Thanks Twilight." Rainbow said with a big smile. "I guess I've got a lot reading ahead of me." With that said, she bolted out the door of Twilight's house.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment