• Published 7th May 2014
  • 1,307 Views, 7 Comments

Dark life to light. - Sugarcube66



A abused filly finds friendship and is lead to a new life.

  • ...
19
 7
 1,307

Story

Banana walked slowly behind the other two fillies. It was for too reasons mainly; one, she was still in pain from her wings after gliding, and two, because her brother was quite heavy and making her slow. Her mind, however, was on a rampage of thoughts to do with what Dinky's mother and sister? were like. '....I hope they're nice....' She thought slowly, trying not to let her emotions show on her face. She looked up as she realized a small cottage was coming up in a near distance. 'Guess we're here.....'

Dinky turned around, giving a small smile. ''We're here. 'Nana, time to meet my family.'' She pointed at her cottage, with a smile. Banana nodded slowly, staring at the cottage. It was small, but cozy in appearance. A mare opened the door, after she heard Dinky's voice. The unicorn filly smiled as she looked up at her mother. ''Mommy, I brought her and her younger brother like I said.''

Derpy smiled down at Banana, with her wonky golden eyes. ''Come on in, girls. I've already set out Dinky's old crib for the baby.'' Banana smiled at this, wobbly lifting her wing to look at her brother, who was already asleep. The group walked into the cottage, which seemed to be larger on the inside.

Banana looked at Dinky and asked the question on her mind, as she gently placed the blanket that had been covering her down. ''D-Dinky..why does it seem to be larger....?''

Dinky giggled to herself. ''My daddy has a love of weird technology. And his biggest invention is like a box, but it's way bigger on the inside. So he kinda crafted our home to look like this.'' She then sighed. ''I can't wait for him to come back again.'' This caused a bit of confusion to appear on Banana's face, as she put her sleeping brother down on the sofa to give herself a bit of a break. Dinky simply smiled, not answering the evident question.

Banana shrugged, deciding not to ask. She gently pulled the blanket over her brother, as she looked at Ruby. The pink unicorn had been staying relatively silent during the walk and it confused the alicorn. She slowly walked over and looked at Ruby, gently trying to get her attention. ''R-ruby?.....''

Ruby blinked into reality and sighed, looking at the young alicorn. ''It's alright. I just want an explanation for those cuts, like I ask before we started walking.''

Banana whimpered, but nodded. ''Not out in the open tho...please....'' Ruby nodded and lead Banana into the Dinky's bedroom. The orange alicorn gently placed herself on the bed, next to Ruby. The pink filly was prepared to give any sort of comfort that the alicorn needed. ''I-I m-might as well e-explain m-my entire story.....'' whispered Banana, with a shaky voice. ''..W-well.......it s-started about 9 years old.....back when I was simply a expecting foal.........that my m-mother was gonna have.......

My p-parents.......didn't e-expect......me to be a a-alicorn, of course........they t-thought that I was s-simply gonna be a p-pegasus as the s-scans suggested...but when I was born, there was a c-clear horn peeking out of my head.......s-something that the scans had missed as it was smaller then a-average, much like my d-deformed wings......being a odd mix of genes, my horn and wings just simply didn't develop to their correct sizes...'' She shivered a little, trying to continue. ''T-they hated me from the m-moment my horn was d-discovered......W-we lived in Cloudsdale at the time......M-my parents kept me l-locked in my room so nobody discovered me.....as it'd look weird if a unicorn could walk naturally on the clouds.....and according to them, trying to hide my horn was too much of a hassle.....

I wasn't sent to s-school due to this....and my p-parents got me doing all of their chores for them........I n-never got praised or congratulated for a-anything.......my first word, meet with a 'shut up', my first use of magic was meet with a long speech about how magic was wrong.......and my first f-flight lead my wings to be b-broken as they didn't want me to be able to fly, so t-they could h-hide my w-wings....'' Now Banana was shaking, causing Ruby to gently hug her and whisper calming things into her ear. She managed to bring herself to continue, despite a few tears leaking down her face. ''....Nothing I did pleased them in the slightest.......I wanted to please t-them so badly, make them love me. I even tried to cut my o-own horn off! B-but I couldn't do it as it felt like I was giving up part of my self........'' She was full-on crying now into Ruby's shoulder. ''I began to think what they're saying was true.....that I shouldn't exist or that I was a waste of space.........I cut my hooves in attempt to die, but I wasn't able to continue.......I lost a fair amount of blood, but n-nothing came about it........

All that ever h-happens is due to the wounds incorrectly h-healing, due to the l-lack of attention that my parent's gave to me or my i-injuries, is that they would reopen.....at the slightest of movement.....T-they may only be scars, but they are damaged s-scars due to the amount of abuse that's been on them......'' She couldn't continue, as she simply hiccuped and sobbed. ''W-why.....why couldn't I have a loving family like Dinky or you......''

Ruby frowned, it was quite heavy the toil that the alicorn had to live with. She gently rubbed the girl's back, being careful of her wings. ''Shh, it is okay. You're away from them now. We can help you get a family, who will love you.'' She continued to rub the other filly's back, trying to calm her down with little success. She simply decided to wait until Banana cried herself to sleep, which she eventually did. Ruby sighed and gently used her magic to tug the blanket up and over the sleeping alicorn. She walked over to the light switch and gently turned the lights off, taking one last look at the filly, who was still crying in her sleep. ''Poor thing.....''

She walked out of the room and was instantly greeted with Dinky's sad face. The periwinkle filly sighed and muttered. ''I overheard what Banana's said and it didn't sound good at all........'' Ruby nodded in agreement. The two fillies sat down the sofa, which had once had Icy Howl's laying, but Derpy had taken him to the crib that had been set up. ''We need to get her a loving family and soon.....the poor girl. From what I heard, she's contemplated killing herself over the fact she felt like she didn't need to exist?.....''

''Yea......we need to get her to understand she does have a right to exist and that her parents don't have the right to say that, after all they have done to her.......'' Ruby growled with frustration, her hoof visibly shaking. ''This never should have happened to her.......if I hadn't pressured her to out of there, how long would she have survived?.....Before they killed or she killed herself.....''

''Ruby. I get your upset, but you need to calm down so we can think of a plan. She isn't going back there and that's for certain. When I said to her that I hadn't told my mom the full details, it was a lie to keep her calm. I needed to know if my mom was willing to take her in. But, due to a lack of space. Me and Sparkler might as well share a room; but luckily, Sparkler tends to stay at her friends or with the fillies that she foalsits. She's foalsitting Tootsie at the moment, but Tootsie doesn't mind as she sees Sparkler as her older sister......'' She sighed, going back to her original topic. ''But as for what mom said, we can't keep her for long. Only until she finds a new family.....''

Ruby sighed. ''Thanks for trying, Dinks. We need to help her and soon. We'll get the group together tomorrow and even speak with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I think Nyx will be able to help us as she was the first to realize Banana's status and I want to get Diamond's advice as she has a overbearing mother, so might come in handy to know what we may have to deal with.'' She looked at the bedroom door. ''She cried herself to sleep, so there is a lot of weight on her. I was to remove some of that weight and allow her to be happy. Her smiles are so beautiful after all....''

Dinky nodded gently. ''That is true....oh well, lets just sleep on it. I'll take the sofa, you take your sleeping bag and stay by her side.'' She pulled the blanket that she had given Banana earlier that night and laid down. ''See you in the morning.....'' She settled down and fell to sleep on the sofa.

Ruby sighed, walking back into the bedroom slowly and quietly. She picked up her sleeping bag and set it on the floor. She glanced at Banana, who looked a bit calmer now. She smiled and got into the sleeping bag, before letting sleep take her over. Her last thought of the night was that Banana would receive a new family.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment