• Published 7th May 2014
  • 1,307 Views, 7 Comments

Dark life to light. - Sugarcube66



A abused filly finds friendship and is lead to a new life.

  • ...
19
 7
 1,307

Angel

Walking through the dark room that was slotted under the schoolhouse wasn't easy, until Ruby was finally able to find the light switch. She blinked as the light flickered on, lighting up the room. She looked around, her eyes adjusting to the bright light. Eventually she found what she was looking for; the orange filly who was crying in the corner of the room, her head in her forehooves. Ruby frowned as she looked at the wings that were evident on Banana's side, they were clearly broken and deformed.

Stepping forward, the pink filly got closer to the sobbing alicorn before her. The sound of the hoofsteps caused the filly to look up, terror written in her eyes. This took Ruby back, as she watched the filly try to hide her wings only to hear the cracks in the already fragile and broken bone. ''Hey, stop. Your gonna hurt them even more!'' She cried, not wishing the pain that she knew the filly before her was suffering.

Tears leaked out of Banana's eyes, as she finally stopped moving frantically. She was still shivering however. ''N-now you know this.....do you hate me, R-Ruby?.....'' She seemed to whimper more as she got to the last part of what she said. She looked away, tears splattering on the floor below her. ''.....I bet you do.....I'm horrible...shouldn't even exist....''

''Don't say that!'' Ruby shouted, causing the other filly to jump. She sighed, relaxing her voice. ''I'm sorry for yelling, but you aren't horrible and you deserve to exist. Who told you this, please I just want to help?'' She stepped forward, gently hugging the filly before her. Her hooves being careful around the broken wings. She took a look at the wings whilst she had a chance, one of the them was clearly in worse state then the other; being that it was hanging limp at the side of her body, whilst the other was tuck up like it should be.

''....I-I....'' whimpered Banana, as she tried to start. However, regardless on whether she wanted to or not, her fears sealed her lips as she cried more. She simply kept hold of Ruby, like her life depended on it. Perhaps it did. As Ruby started to get stroke her mane, she managed to calm herself down and whisper. ''P-please don't tell anypony......b-but.....my family isn't the nicest........they h-hurt me....'' She whimpered, as she tried to stay calm. ''When I was born....this horn were evident straight away....'' She gently tapped her horn. ''I'm not sure but apparently, there is unicorn blood in my family.......i-it caused my pony type to morph into a a-alicorn.....I may be a mortal alicorn, but I'm a alicorn regardless....''

''So, they abuse you because of your alicorn status. That isn't right, Banana. We have to tell somepony about this!'' cried Ruby, understandably shocked at the fact that the filly was abused for her horn only. ''And why hide your wings, when you could hide your horn?''

''T-they hid my wings, because it was easier too....'' Banana whimpered, before the first part clicked to her. She rapidly shocked her head, until she almost fainted from the dizziness. ''I-I can't, Ruby.......! THEY'LL KILL ME!'' She cried as the fear built up in her heart, causing her to rapidly shake. ''I just can't......please, just forget I exist......it'll be better for the both of us!''

Ruby sighed, knowing that she needed to calm the filly down. She continued to stroke the filly's mane, being wary of any protenial bruises or cuts that Banana's parents had caused. ''Is it just your parents, 'Nana?'' Banana nearly froze at the nickname, looking up at Ruby again before nodding her head to the question. ''So, do you have any other family members that could help you?''

''I have a younger brother....but he's only 2 years old; Ice Howl isn't old enough to help me.......and I fear that my p-parents......will corrupt him too...'' She shivered at the thought alone, but she was beginning to know that she could trust the filly in front of her with her secrets. ''I want to be a normal filly......a unicorn, not this alicorn with crippled wings....'' She began to tear up once more, crying into Ruby's shoulder.

''Tonight.....'' Ruby started, as she made sure Banana was listening. ''Get your brother and escape, by whatever means. Meet me here and I'll take you to Dinky's. I would take you to mine, but I don't think it'd be a good idea for my mother to know about this.....''

''You'll have to tell Dinky?...'' whispered Banana, as she considered the idea in her mind. The only problem would be if she was caught, the punishment would be even worse then anything she had experienced before, and yep that included the time her wings were broken. She gently moved the completely damaged wing, unsure on if it could be ever healed, as she manged to slot it back into the location it should be on the side of her body.

''I will......but I'm sure that she won't tell anypony that we don't want told. Obviously, her mom and big sister are going to have to know, but I believe that's it.'' Feeling the orange filly nod, she relaxed. ''Now, just make sure that you escape by whatever means. Even if you can't bring Ice with you, just get out of there. I don't want to see you hurt anymore, alright?''

''O-okay, I got it, Ruby...'' She shivered, unsure on how she was going to be able to pull this off and feared the results. Her wings even shivered along with her, knowing that the target wouldn't be the wings this time. Her eyes briefly glanced up at her horn as she whimpered softly. ''I hope this works.....''

''Me too...'' whispered Ruby. ''Come on, we need to get back to class. I'll inform Miss Cheerilee about Silver, so he cannot bully you again.'' She got Banana to look at her, and smiled when she finally saw the orange filly's sweet and beautiful smile. 'She's so beautiful.....why does this have to happen to her?.....'

Author's Note:

Yes, a another move-away. My portrayal of Ice Howl in the original was like one of my favorite anime protagonists, Usagi Tsukino's younger brother Shingo, but in this version, he's younger and not as mean but he's still the apple of his father's eye.

Also, how weird this is. Of the Unicorn Crusaders, Ruby is my least liked, perhaps because she isn't as cute as Dinky and Tootsie but I don't know. However, the fact that I've managed to give her a role and still stick with a portrayal that I believe would suit her with her being Berry Punch's daughter.